Nice Boutique Hotel from the buzz of Phuket. It takes 10 minutes of uphill walk to reach the Hotel. Pool is nice but had a lot of mosquitoes in the evening. Perhaps due to mountain area around.More
- Free Parking
Nice Boutique Hotel from the buzz of Phuket. It takes 10 minutes of uphill walk to reach the Hotel. Pool is nice but had a lot of mosquitoes in the evening. Perhaps due to mountain area around.MoreShow less
Thanks for visiting, you are Absolutely Correct.
Although, I have gone out of my way to preserve the positive aspects of the Thai experience such as hospitality, we have also deleted the aspects which many world travelers don't like such as touts etc.. At Pacific Club you'll find many features in design, amenities, and service which are normally associated with higher priced International Standard properties rather than local properties. Yet we deliver them at a reasonable (let's say "Thai") price. That's probably why we were named #1 best bargain resort in Phuket by the Traveler's Choice awards ( #21 in all of Asia).
We don't mean to knock what folks generally might consider the "Phuket Experience" but let's face it, your holiday time is valuable and there are some aspects of hospitality which are considered to be "international standard" and some local establishments miss the target on them. Some of the differences we offer:
* International menu with reasonable prices
* English language cable TV channels such as HBx,
FOx, CNx, etc.. Local places have a crappy collage
of Free to Air stuff.
* Free Wifi throughout the resort that works
* Full security without being in your face
* Top quality bedding and linens
* International standard mattress which aren't hard
* Complimentary Herbal Steam Sauna
* Private, exclusive, no hassle attitude
* No questions asked satisfaction guarantee
On the mosquitoes, it's the other way around. Being slightly elevated, Pacific Club has far less mosquitoes than properties located on the lower flat ground where most hotels are located. Mosquitoes are attracted to standing water and there is no standing water within 300 meters of Pacific Club. Right now is the wet season so some of them make it up to Pacific Club. Also, within our grounds we have lot's of water features, but none are standing water, all have waterfalls, and all are chlorinated. We don't even allow potted plants with wet soil or water on the premises. I guarantee you, for every mosquito you see at Pacific Club, you'll see 5 at most resorts. Please don't take my word on mosquito habitat and breeding necessities, Google it to reach your own conclusion !!! :-)
fell in love with this hotel soon as i walked into our room, lovely view and surroundings,staff very friendly and helpfull,the breakfasts are amazing try the egg dishes tried a different 1 every morning and there were a treat, main area about 15min walk, met some great people in this resort, also had some great massages here, highly recommend this hotel, good location and peacefull.
Stayed for 5 nights in the 2 bedroom suite and was glad we made the right choice. Booking direct with the hotel was a right first step as they offered breakfast and the price was cheaper (with longer stay rates). wifi all around the hotel and in our rooms was really good.. the amenities were clean and pool towels were readily available at the top floor.
We had no issue with the location.. it was easy to find (with the directions available thru' the website) and space to park our rented car.
Uncle Eric (the owner) even took note our stay & our son and made sure we were well... and I guess the place is so well maintain as Uncle Eric lives on-site..
The whole apartment was cozy and perfect for our 3 adults and a 5-year old.. with plenty of space for us to relax and unwind... did I mention the rooftop pool that is totally awesome :)
Overall, this is the best hotel/resort we stayed in Phuket.. with 2 other in the list (one being a 5*) on previous trips.. wished we found this place earlier.. but nevertheless glad we found this wonderful 'oasis' we can call "home"... it really comes close... in terms of comfort and warm reception we recieve.
We will definately be back at Pacific Club for our next trip...
Stayed here for 6 nights and I am happy that we decided to stay here. We did the booking from the hotel website and got the room + breakfast offer.We stayed in room 302.I have a lot of good things to say and a few not so good things. Will start with the latter first
1. We were travelling with a 7mth baby and our flight was supposed to land at 11:20 PM. So, we booked the airport to hotel shuttle from the hotel website. I also sent a mail to hotel regarding this and got quick reply confirming our shuttle reservation. On the journey date, I sent a reminder as well. However, when we landed at phuket, there was no one to receive us. We tried to call the hotel but no one picked up. We waited for half an hour and finally decided to take a taxi after mid night and reached the hotel. We were later told that the shuttle was sent from the hotel and the driver could not find us. The hotel did not charge us for the shuttle but it was a real pain waiting out side the airport at mid night with the baby crying.
2. The resort is a good 10-15 mins walk from the main road. This was not a problem for us since we had rented a car. if you don’t hire a bike/car, then going to the beach or nearest 7/11 can be a pain in the neck especially in the hot and humid weather.
3. As others have said, getting hot water from the shower requires special training. I could not master the art during my stay
Moving on to the goodies ....
1. The atmosphere at the resort is very peaceful and calm. Our room had a sea view as well and it was a treat to have our evening tea at the balcony.
2. Excellent breakfast! There were so many choices available. There was a thai menu as well and it changed every day.
3. We requested for a baby cot and it was immediately sent to our room. ( complimentary)
4. On day 1, we could not go to the market immediately to get some fruits for the baby. So, we requested for some fruits and the staff quickly sent some to our room. I know these are minor things, but these small things show how willing the staff is to serve their guests.
5. At our request , an electric iron and ironing table was also sent to our room.
6. The roof top pool is excellent. It is pretty well maintained and clean
7. The rooms are spacious, airy and clean. There was a microwave available which was a big plus in our books since we were travelling with an infant.
8. The food at the hotel restaurant is very tasty and reasonably priced. Room service is also good.
Overall we had a pleasant stay at Pacific Club Resort and would recommend it to others as well. Even more so to those travelling with their little ones
Lex at the Spa is a Jane of all trades! She took us on the most amazing City tour (Elephant Riding, Monkey Show, Big Buddha, Temple, and an amazing lunch in Old Town Phuket. Ead at the restaurant was awesome, too. Owner, Uncle Eric is very present on the site. Great service...great people...amazing adventure. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Oh yeah, very affordable vacation. We'll come again! Book directly with Breakfast. :-)
I spent a wonderful few days in Phuket last week with the family and stayed at this establishment. Overall we had a pleasant experience, marred by a few minor blemishes. All things considered however it’s one of the better hotels I’ve stayed & I can see why other reviewers rate the hotel so highly.
As there were 4 of us travelling (spouse, 2 teenage kids) we opted for a 2-bedroom suite. It’s not your typical hotel room, it was more like an apartment. It was spacious and clean, and we had good views of the hill behind and Karon beach in the distance thanks to the large windows in the living room. Unfortunately there is some construction taking place adjacent (a new hotel perhaps?), but it was not noisy and apart from that ugly bit the scenery was nice & relaxing.
The room comes with a kitchenette, equipped with a stove top (which we did not use), electrical water pot which boils water and keeps it warm, crockery, utensils, and a full sized fridge (empty apart from 4 bottles of complimentary drinking water – these get re-stocked every day).
Each bedroom comes with a TV, safe, slippers (2 pairs) and ensuite bathrooms/toilets. The master bedroom (king-sized bed) comes with a bath/rain shower combo whereas the other bedroom (queen bed) comes with only a rain shower. There is ample space for wardrobe (clothes hangers provided) and each room has its own electronic safe. Each is also individually air-conditioned. Towels are changed every day, I think.
The living area is also air-conditioned, has a TV, sofa and another table. There is a nice big balcony with plastic loungers and chairs. Plus a small rack, wall mounted, for drying your laundry.
1. One restaurant where you take your breakfast; also open for lunch & dinner. Food is great, prices reasonable, but the breakfast menu each day barely changes. But nonetheless breakfast has a reasonable spread comprising cereals, waffles, bread, Danishes, an egg station (try their various omelettes – delicious!), fruits, juices, Thai porridge, baked beans, bacon and some other dishes. Lunch & dinner menu is ok with some decent choices between Thai & Western cuisine.
2. Hotel pool on the roof top is small but water is clean. Sufficient deck chairs to lounge around in.
3. Small gym, darts & table tennis table at the basement.
4. Spa, Jacuzzi, sauna – these are available but we did not try.
5. Laundry service – hotel has its own laundry equipment and prices are very reasonable.
6. Minimart – hotel has one, we did not patronise but the selection looked rather limited
I hope the above description gives the reader an idea of what to expect if you choose to stay here. The hotel was not crowded although there were a number of guests, this being the low season. No problems getting a table at the restaurant at any time nor a deck chair or two at the hotel pool.
Service is generally efficient, I was able to book a rental car through the hotel reception, but apart from Ead, most of the staff we interacted with were quite poker faced. They were not rude, but we were thinking that it was somewhat ironic that smiles were missing in the “Land of Smiles”. Right from the pick up at the airport, to check in and beyond we hardly encountered any wais (which we experienced at other Thai hotels at other vacations) and we would have felt more welcome if the staff could make the guest feel more welcome. Perhaps fluency in English was a factor. Sometimes we felt that the staff did not fully comprehend what we were trying to ask for.
Some other minor blemishes - we were made to understand that same day service for laundry was available but after depositing our laundry in the morning we were expecting it to be in our room later that evening after we returned from dinner at Phuket town. In the end my wife had to collect it herself. My kids also complained that the water heater in their room was not working, but apparently it was not fixed by the time we checked out although we had informed hotel staff about it.
The location of the hotel may also be problematic for some guests, so caveat emptor. The hotel is located on the slope of a hill and the only access is by a narrow road. It’s an easy walk, but it is still a 10 to 15 minute walk to the beach, or to Karon town itself. So those who are expecting conveniences right next door please be aware. That said however the climb up to the hotel is not difficult for most persons unless you have walking difficulties.
Unlike some other guests’ reviews, we had no problems with dogs or mossies. The road up to the hotel is lit at night and we never felt unsafe.
Price guide – for those of you who want to know, we spent a total of 20,000 THB for a stay of 4D3N. Apart from accommodation, this included 2 lunches for 4 at the hotel restaurant, return transfer by hotel minibus from Phuket airport, laundry, a fee to upgrade to 4th floor room and a fee for guaranteed late check out. We booked directly from the hotel website and the confirmation was fast (within 24 hours). If you pay cash at checkout you get a 5% discount (on room only) off the bill.
All in we had a pleasant experience at the Pacific Club Resort. We wanted a quiet place away from the hustle of Patong and we got it. Food was good, prices reasonable but not significantly cheaper than other eateries, service efficient (if somewhat cold, in our opinion), rooms airy, clean, spacious, comfy, beds were great to sleep in. We will definitely stay here again if we were to choose to holiday at Karon in the future.