“Relaxing, peaceful and clean”

Pacific Club Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Karon Beach
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My Husband and 13 year old daughter and I stayed at pacific club for 9 days...the first 2 days were spent in a one bedroom with 2 queen beds room. This room was neat and roomy... a couple tiny things were, the room curtains were a bit worn and dirty and for some reason we were only given 2 of each cups for coffee and water...when my husband enquired at reception we were told that we could only have 2 cups for the room even though it was booked for 3 people. We then moved to a 2 bedroom suite, this transition was done without any hassle at all...we packed our stuff up and left it in the room while we went out. When we came back we remembered we had left some fruit in the fridge...upon enquiry when getting the new room key we found the staff had already transferred the fruit as well...we were very impressed. The 2 bedroom suite was fantastic, huge balcony, great views and rooms were big, as was the lounge area and kitchen. Again the one small thing was the curtains, this time they were grubby in the centre where people had been pulling the curtains together and apart and had something stuck to them that looked like food. However this was the only tiny thing wrong with either of the rooms, everything else was perfect.

Food was Excellent and well priced. Just one minor thing is if you order a curry (I think it was curry anyway) make sure you order rice also. We assumed when ordering room service it would have rice included, but it didn't. We ate here about 60% of the time. We stayed and used room service maybe 4 times, every time it was great. Like I said food was always delicious and very reasonable prices. Staff, most staff were awesome in particular Ead, Nuch and the always smiling and friendly Wun. I cannot say enough about Wun. I wish I could of brought him back with me to show people in my town how service should be. There were a few staff, who whilst offered good service it was without the friendly smile and enthusiasm of these 3 staff. We also had the privileged of meeting David who was very straight forward and friendly. I was impressed with his politeness and willingness to talk to us despite him usually being on the way somewhere or to meet people. The hill thats been mentioned over and over is a slight problem, We found ourselves walking into Karon, and getting a tuk tuk or taxi back which we were slogged 200 baht for, when going to patong was only 300 baht but after going down the hill doing whatever it was we did in Karon the heat had drained all our energy and we just couldn't get up the hill. My husband did do it once and said its ok only a slight incline until you get to the last bit which rises suddenly and is quite steep...especially since we are from the outback and have no hills to walk up to speak of LOL. I also remember a few people mentioning hot water...I have to say the one bedroom with queen beds room was quite hot when the water was on just hot I could not stand under it whilst the 2 bedroom on hot was perfect without any cold...however it was too cold to run a nice bath (I started to the first day but gave up) so yes it could have been slightly hotter in that particular room but we were happy having showers. The pool was lovely with a great view. some people mentioned noise, whilst one day we did have kids running back and forth past our door yelling the noise level is excellent..the walls that have been used seems to block out voice type noise however if someone scraps a chair on the floor it is like it was in the same room as you. I am not sure if this is because of tiled floors or what but it was also only an issue one night when someone was up at like 2am and felt the need to move the chairs a bit and woke me up. otherwise this is one of the most peaceful hotels I have stayed in. Last year we stayed at Centara Karon resort and in comparison this place is 5 star. I am so glad we chose Pacific club this time.
We ate once at Karon cafe and once at Margaritas, the food was pretty much the same menu as the hotel which was a little disappointing, I personally would love to see a different menu at each place so I could try new food...but it was always the same great quality and prices...I never got sick from eating anything from pacific club, Karon cafe or margaritas.

Keep up the great work Eric.

would recommend this place to anyone who wants to relax and isn't wanting to be partying in town every night. If your looking for party's and that sort of atmosphere you would be better staying in patong.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 10 November 2011

My wife, adult daughter and I spent a week here in November 2011. We took room 408, a two bedroom suite and included the breakfast in the rate. We arrived from Oman, the UK and Australia. My daughter and I arrived at about the same time, just before 10 am. My wife arrived at about 2pm. The resort was there to meet both groups. The hotel is about an hour from the airport. We had a good, careful driver. The following day was my 58th birthday. I was given a spa treatment as a present. That was 90 minutes. Over the course of the remainder of the week, i had two treatments a day. One was always aromatherapy. My last finished ten minute before I left for the airport. Lilly is the masseuse, Lea is the owner. Lilly moved a massive amount of tension out of my massive frame. Before she left, my wife told me that I looked ten years younger than when I arrived. I certainly feel fantastic. I am planning repeat trips for both myself when I pass through Singapore on business (I am US based) and as a great meeting place fo my geographically-dispersed family. The dinner menus is varied and excellent. The breakfast is sumptious. Omelletes and scrambled eggs are made with real eggs. This is great hotel and spa and excellent value for money. All of the staff are pleasant and helpful. My 300 pound frame found the hill an easy walk. The local dogs are friendly and I didn't find trash piles heaped against the building ( in case you've read some of the other entries).

Room Tip: Don't select room 408. I may want it at the same time.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
uncle-eric, Owner at Pacific Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Thank You kindly for visiting us and taking the time to place a review.

We're so happy we hit the mark for you and your family and made you feel "Ten Years Younger". We believe this is what holidays at Pacific Club are all about.

For folks who aren't interested in paying for additional spa services, we kindly remind everyone our Herbal Sauna and Spa Pool are complimentary for all Guests from 16:00 to 23:00 and that will make you feel at least "Five Years Younger" :-)

Happy Traveling,

Eric

Reviewed 9 November 2011

We were a group of 3 families, looking for a good place to chill, away from the hustle of patong beach, yet lively enough.
karon was just what we were looking at, and the hotel was just 5-10 minutes walk from the Karon market and Beach. Just the right distance to be easily accessible without the crowds and noise.
The staff is very friendly , courteous and excellent service.
A very nice cozy place, with the right ambiance,great rooms and excellent food.
They have an excellent spa, the best massages we managed to get, better than the very highly rated Mind and Body spa nearby.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing west as the smell from the adjoining compost plant can be a nuiscance at time...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We had nothing but positive experiences at this hotel. We rented a motor scooter from Pacific Club which made the trek up and down to town or the beach a breeze. The walk was a little strenuous for us 60-plus year olds in the heat.The smiling faces of Wun or Ead in the morning always started our day out cheerfully. Breakfasts are amazing. We ate many dinners here and found nothing better in Karon. Use the advice from the reception desk for tours. Internet access is excellent. One of the best wi-fi found in a hotel.
There is no way we could return to Phuket and NOT stay at Pacific Club.

Room Tip: Book directly on their website for best deal.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trippinz
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This hotel offer excellent service, great value and very good room.
My family with 3 and 5 yrs old children would like to thank you for your great service.
we stayed 5 nights in the middle of September.
Breakfast was very good.
The two bedroom was nice and clean bathroom. Change towel daily.
Offer free wifi in the room and computer to use downstairs.

Location a bit out but we manage to walk daily from the circle and it was a very good exercise especially after dinner.

Eric, you have excellent staff, great service and best value hotel.
We will come back again when we visit Phuket.

Thank you very much.

Tips: if you want to get the best price, go directly to the hotel via email.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
0.5 km away
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
33.3 km away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Pacific Club Resort? Share your experiences!