All reviews sister hotel mini fridge karon cafe air con top floor free wifi short walk to the beach noise wardrobe sheets nightlife
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed in this tiny familie hotel (8 rooms) severall times always in room 127 every time the staff has been very helpfull to me with x-tra items like a microwave or pillows, great thanks to the houskeeper always smiling and helpfull to office staff always respond quickly to my questions if any, overall i am very satisfied with my stay.The hotel is situated on Karons most common shopping street with a variety of shops and entertainment also the sister hotel Karon Café nearby serve an excelent breakfast buffet for a small price.

Cor

Room Tip: have in mind the higher rooms has more stairs to clime
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cor V
Reviewed 7 March 2012

It took me about an hour to get to the Inn from the airport after a very long flight so when I did arrive at the hotel it was wonderful to be greeted by lovely staff who offered me a drink whilst I filled in the necessary check in documents. I was shown to my room shortly after which was room 121 on the first floor. I had been worried about my room and did not know what to expect with the cost of the rooms being so cheap but I was very surprised when I was shown into the room, The lights were on ready for me and the air-con had chilled the room beautifully. My room was not big, but it was clean and nicely presented. The room offered a TV, mini fridge to chill your drinks and a complimentary bottle of water to start you off so I didn't need to go straight to the shops, a mini safe which works fine when you read the instructions although I can understand how this would be confusing had you not, air conditioning that worked very well and a en-suite with a powerful shower. This room faces out onto the busy street but I was not disturbed at all as I could not hear anything over the gentle hum coming from the air conditioning during the night. I spent a week here and it was a perfect place to rest my head after a long day taking in the sights. I would recommend the Paradise Inn to anyone who is looking for a budget hotel and wants to take in the sights of Karon and surrounding areas.

All in all Paradise Inn really exceeded my expectations for the cost and friendliness of staff

Room Tip: If people watching is your thing, then ask for a room above the second floor facing the street
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked this guesthouse almost 6 months before my arrival in Phuket,and when i got there,the waitress told me that was available only a medium size room,instead of extra large one that i have booked..she also told me that in 4 nights,the extra large room should have been available..this was not a good beginning...ok..but..the nightmare started when i got into this room....n.121..i will remember this number for all my life!!!!...the room had a little window who faced on a roof in which was put an external aircon on it....let yu imagine the pretty sound all night long..and all the tiny room was full on musty smell...mould and humidity everywhere...ah..the waitress told me that i had to wait the day after when another girl should have explained me how the safebox works.....after a sleepless night trying to resist not to throw up about the mould and avoiding many mosquitos hit me,i thought i should not ever resist one day more....so i left this guesthouse.Maybe someone could tell me i am not a guesthouse guy,but..believe me..that room i should never suggest to my worst enemy......!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Stefano001
uncle-eric, Owner at Paradise Inn Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

First of all we'd like to apologize for this Guest's unhappy experience and also we do have a fairly good explanation as to why this review was so bad.

According to our records from check in details, actually this reviewer didn't stay in the room he reviewed, but his friend did. They booked two large rooms on high floor but arrived as separate Guests and were never seen together until check out. Mostly this gentleman's dissatisfaction resulted from a lack of communication between two people using English as a second language along with a couple other things as described below.

First of all before we give a point by point response, we tracked these guys trip onward and believe essentially they decided to stay at Malai house and Sugar Palm (you can check too by reading this Gentleman's other reviews), so our readers should consider they paid well over double our rate to find something which satisfied them (during peak season our rate 1,400 baht, compares to hot special promotion rates at the other places they stayed of 3,500 baht up). This guy evens states at the end of his review, he must not be a guesthouse kind of guy. Which is fine except don't blame us for the mistake. And in fact if you were to inspect our rooms compared to those properties many people would reach the conclusion ours are nicer. And our Guests at Paradise Inn also have the privilege to use the pool and fitness facilities at one of our other properties free of charge.

1. On the day these Guests arrived the A/C in one of the large rooms they booked was reported broken, we were fully booked, and our service team was unable to get the spare parts on the same day, so it was scheduled for repairs the next day. Apparently there was some misunderstanding and the Guest thought we had forgotten their booking, actually he was informed we'll have the room he booked in a couple days but he didn't understand the "why" part. It's our policy not to promise what we can't deliver so that's why he was told a couple days, the room was in fact ready the next day. Much better than vice versa.

2. The only room available as a substitute was room 121 as this Guest mentioned. Room 121 is the smallest of our rooms (not a medium sized room as the Guest says in the review). We're aware this room smells a little bit musty as do many air conditioned rooms in a tropical climate, but there is no mold in the room as claimed. This room was refinished only last year. The problem resulted from condensation in the A/C tubes passing above the ceiling and is scheduled for repair again this low season to eliminate the musty smell. Lot's of Guests stay in this room and some even request it again, but it's not for everyone so we don't normally sell it online but rather to walk in Guests so they can inspect first. It's certainly not toxic as this guy implies, I bet he had too much to drink after a long plane flight and that's why he wanted to throw up.

3. Regarding the electronic safe in the room. The instructions for it's use are in the wardrobe with the safe. The Guest requested help because he couldn't operate it and my staff sent the maintenance guy down to double check it and there was no problem and they taught him how to use it. Then shortly thereafter the Guest called for help again and the waitress who checked him in went back up and showed him how to use it again cause he couldn't figure it out again, maybe drunk ??. We have these safes in 60 rooms throughout our 3 properties and rarely have issues with Guest difficulty to use them. Also, we teach our staff correctly to respond when there is a service request to say it might be an hour or so because they have to contact maintenance who might be busy at the moment etc., so then the Guest is happy when service arrives within a few minutes. Once again, much better than the other way around. We know from experience, if you tell the Guest 15 minutes and it takes longer, they will be unhappy, so we play it smart and tell em it'll be an hour or two.

Therefore, we kindly suggest prospective Guests consider what their budget is before booking. If you want a nice room for a cheap price then you'll love Paradise Inn. Marble Floors, pocket spring 5* star mattresses, granite counter tops, soundproof PVC windows (this guy must have left his window open to get mosquitoes and hear the A/C outside), etc. etc.. We're waiting for the day someone inspects our rooms and compares them to other top ranked similar priced Guesthouses in the same area (especially Sunshine Guesthouse), there's no doubt we win hands down. Anyone who's interested to do it, I'll pay for one night in the other places so you can see for yourself. I've been here since 1989 and watched all the other places be built and you won't find stuff like marble floors in other Guesthouses.

And in any case if you book with us, we always allow you to inspect the room and we never charge people who decide they'd like something different. In this case we waived the 3 nights cancellation penalty for moving out early (probably should have gone ahead and charged em, couldn't have got a worse review).

And finally, please kindly understand, if English is your second language like it is for our staff, take it easy, listen and try to communicate and you'll find my team is extremely willing to help out with anything you need.

Kind Regards and Happy Traveling,

Eric

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights on our trip round Phuket. We asked for a balcony overlooking the street so we could 'people watch'. The noise didn't bother us as we were on holiday so looked forward to enjoying what Karon had to offer. The room was fine. Nice comfy bed, fridge, TV, Aircon. It was clean and tidy and in good condition. We were on the top floor and there is no lift so it was up the winding 4 flights of stairs. In the humid heat it became a bit of a task (The torn knee ligament didn't help neither).

The hotel as a mexican restaurant downstairs that served standard fair for a 'mexican' . It was all well cooked an tasted very nice.

The hotels location was spot on right in the middle of Karon. Patak Road was pretty much pedestrianised so it was nice to have a stroll down at night and take in the sights. The bars at the end of the road were 'noisy' but they didn't bother us because we didn't have to be up for work so spent a few nights in there! The noise wasn't half as bad as what some people say it was!

We paid £20 per night to stay here and though that seems expensive for Thailand we thought it was more than right. I'd stay here again definitely. In fact we enjoyed Karon more than Patong and nearly came back after a couple of nights in Patong.

Room Tip: Fancy a laugh? let the tiny receptionist carry your bags upstairs. Nearly killed her. Ha ha. (I took it off her after the 2nd flight)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank webby34
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Paradise Inn consists of 4 floors of rooms above a restaurant (Las Margaritas) in a busy side street off Patak Road in Karon, close to the beach. The rooms are a little dated and the furnishings show some signs of wear. Several light bulbs had blown and had not been replaced before our arrival, leaving the room a little dark at night. However, the large de luxe room is spacious and the bed comfortable. The (free) wifi connection has a strong signal.

The location is convenient for both the numerous bars and restaurants in Karon and also for the beautiful long stretch of unspoilt beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear if you want to minimise the risk of noise from the street nightlife. Make sure valuables are locked away - the rooms are accessible through a restaurant which is unattended after 11.30pm and the front door will not necessarily be locked if one of the residents has gained access after the restaurant staff have gone home
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
uncle-eric, Owner at Paradise Inn Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear TomBailey888,

Thanks for visiting us and placing a review.

We immediately went to check on the lightbulbs as they are replaced regularly. Most folks don't say anything since there are at least 3 separate sets of lighting for every room (full light, romantic, reading). Sorry about that.

Also for the folks reading, although reception service counter is only open at Las Margaritas from 12:00 to 24:00, we have our main reception in our sister building next door at Karon Cafe Inn which is open from 06:00-24:00. Both buildings are on the same phone system and you can call for help (room service etc.) anytime. Just compare it to a property which has several wings, it's the same deal. Aside from that for security purposes our security guy watches all three of our properties on CCTV through the night. You might also notice, we are the only Guesthouse in the area which has computerized card locks which tell us who comes and goes when and keeps records for 25 days behind. And of course all rooms are equipped with both a digital laptop size safe, and a steel lockbox which you can use your own lock. We are proud to say in our 23 years of operation on this Soi, we are the only business who can say they've had zero theft record. We did have a couple attempts and all were foiled on account of our high security (sorry for the rest of the places in the area who can't say the same).

Happy Traveling,