All reviews nice terrace lovely hotel next morning air conditioning one night db b fresh local food countryside sophie farmhouse parking garden luggage aix
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel for 4 nights at the beginning of October. The property is beautiful and quite charming. Rooms are tastefully decorated, clean, and very comfortable. The views from our room were like something out of a Provencal dream (complete with shutters!). We had dinner at the restaurant a few times, which was very good (this was super convenient on those nights that we didn't feel like hunting around for a restaurant!). The location seems remote, but is a few minutes drive from Aix with convenient access to the autoroute. It's not really walking distance to anything, so I would say a car is definitely a must! Would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Stayed her while touring Provence. I guess this is what you can expect in the South of France. The room we booked turned out to be VERY small. We had to sometimes walk sideways around the bed to get the door. This being said, the features of the room are updated and the bathroom is newly finished. We had a nice view of the countryside overlooking the garden pool area. We wanted to have dinner here the last night but there was a wedding that prevented us from doing so. Luckily, Aix de Provence is about a 15 minute drive and we found good Indian Food!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016

We stayed for three days. The house and gardens were just what I dreamed of when I planned our visit to Provence. The hotel is in the country and is very peaceful. You can sleep peacefully with the shutters open, overlooking the beautiful French countryside. The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms were clean and well maintained. This is an old house that is totally renovated, so it maintains the old charm with modern style. The food in the onsite restaurant is very good and we loved their outside dining. My only problem while I was there was I couldn't control the air conditioner, even after a staff member came up and tried to show me. So I would suggest they might have instructions for how to work the AC controls. It looked like there was a heater or towel warmer in the bathroom and I would also love to know how that worked.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor have a great view of the gardens and property.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Domaine & Cie. Is a beautiful property in the outskirts of Aix, about 7km ( or €20 Uber ride) from the old city.
The building where the hotel is housed is quite beautiful and overlooks the stunning Provençal countryside. The swimming pool is large and satisfying.

Our room was large and comfortable, though I would have appreciated coffee making facilities. Also it was a bit noisy at times.

This is a good option if you don't want to stay in the city and want to soak up the lovely Provençal landscape. As balancing feedback , it felt like Domaine & Cie. Is mainly set up for large events like weddings and we were the 'In between crowd' between such events.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank youngprofessionalUK
Reviewed 16 July 2016

This hotel has been gorgeously, yet simply, renovated with all mod-cons and a lot of style and taste, yet conserving the character and charm of the old building.
Very comfortable beds, spacious shower room, great terrace and countryside views.
Air conditioning - which is really nice when it gets too hot to sleep.
Pretty pool in the grounds, surrounded by trees. Nice sun beds from where to listen to the cicadas with a glass of rose to match the sunset, and watch the stars come out.
Very romantic.
The restaurant - a conservatory-style room - serves a generous buffet-style breakfast.
The staff were all friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: We had no: 14 - large bathroom, windows that open, light and airy.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple