All reviews outdoor pool sea view private beach rooms are nice coffee machine la galerie an upgrade lovely promenade newly opened hotel old building steam room horizon restaurant friendly staff make don t expect five nights wet room small fridge
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel which clearly has done much to improve the local area by newly renovating a derelict building. The rooms are nice with great views of the sea.

Sadly I couldn’t give an excellent review though as the staff were regularly quite unhelpful. Just as one example of the overall experience we were asked to move tables half way through breakfast at 10.20 so that the tables could be prepared for lunch. It felt like the place was being run for the convenience of staff rather than guests

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Adrian L, Responsable commercial at Grand Hotel des Sablettes Plage, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for taken the time to share your experience in South of France.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and be assured that I will share your entire comment with our team.
We sincerely regret your feelings about the request our team asked you, it is indeed not our aim to offer such a service and I will figure the problem out.

We however look forward the pleasure welcoming you again in order to erase these last feelings at theGrand Hôtel des Sablettes-Plage,

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and our daughter and I stayed here for four nights. The location of the hotel is great, right near the water and the promenade that has cafes and restaurants.

Our room was very clean and well stocked with a mini bar, nice toiletries, slippers, etc.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only complaint and reason for not giving 5 stars is the service at their Gallerie restaurant in the hotel is awful. We eat out and travel and ton. I fully understand that it’s a casual spot to eat, however, we had several instances where we felt they completely missed the mark:

First: We sat down along with another couple for some food and drinks. We ordered and waited about 30 min for our drinks/food. We kept asking for our drinks and food and were told they were on their way. The staff were young and perhaps it was not their direct fault, but it was a bit of a mess.

The second time we were at the restaurant we were again a party of four. We had our own bottle of wine and asked if we could sit on the terrace and drink it, we were told no- but it was no issue. We simply said ok and asked for menu and also our opened bottle from the previous nights dinner. We sat and waited for maybe 10-15 min and no one came. I finally went up to the bar and asked for for glasses and our opened bottle our own bottle anyway, it didn’t matter because no one brought us a menu or checked on us.

A third issue is when our mini fridge wasn’t working I asked the same restaurant if I could store a bottle of breastmilk in the fridge (as the reception suggested until they could fix the fridge). When I collected it the next day, no one could find it, and finally it was found with the red wine, which was only slightly chilled - and the milk was sour. Basic common sense here.

Perhaps it was all lost in translation, but I expect more attention and a higher level of service at a four star hotel charging 9 Euros for a bottle of water.

Other than these two experiences, we enjoyed our room and stay but kept clear of the hotel restaurant staff.

Stayed: August 2018
Adrian L, Responsable commercial at Grand Hotel des Sablettes Plage, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and service offerings.

We took into consideration your several points regarding your experience and will not miss to share it with the concerned team.
I look forward to welcome you back with us in the hotel upon a future trip to the Provence d’Azur.

Yours Sincerely,

Communication & Quality assistant at Les Maisons Lelièvre family group

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We stayed at this hotel for an entire week and it was great.
The hotel is at the quiet part of the boulevard (the busy part is also kind of quiet). The hotel is at the beach so easy for a quick swim. The hotel has it all, pool, gym, 3 restaurants.
Excellent breakfast buffet and a nice deck to have breakfast. (be early because the breakfast buffet is crowded and there is not shade everywhere on the deck).
Rooms are clean and comfortable. If you want the grandeur of Cannes this is not the place to be. If you want the Mediterranean laid back holiday experience while enjoying some luxury.. the I can highly recommend this town and the hotel.
All and all a very pleasant experience

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taken the time to share your experience in South of France.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and be assured that I will share your entire comment with all the team.

We look forward the pleasure welcoming you in the future at Grand Hôtel des Sablettes-Plage,

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Let’s start with the positive. The hotel has recently been fully renovated and is therefore in a wonderful condition. The rooms are comfortable and all mod cons catered for. Location-wise, La Seyne sur Mer is a bustling French resort village with a long, sandy beach, enveloped by a lovely promenade, restaurants, summer market and parkland. If vibrant beaches and bustling evening life are your thing, then you will be fine here. Food is all rather similar with crepes, burgers, pizzas, etc. - surprisingly very little local fair including fish. The hotel has lovely grounds and the breakfast is tasty. The outdoor pool is small but well finished with decking all around and sun loungers a-plenty (choose your neighbours wisely as it’s a rather cosy fit!). The hotel staff are congenial but nothing more than that. The ‘private’ beach is 200m away and involves a few dedicated sun loungers services by a couple of great lads who will supply you with towels and umbrellas. You still have to share the sand and sea with everyone else!
Now for my critique. The main issue we have with this hotel is that it is trying to cater for all yet comes up short, especially for families. Starting with the room. We booked for 5; 2 adults with 3 children. Due to the way the rooms are configured, the children either have to be all together in the main bedroom, making use of the sofa bed and larger double, meaning that we have nowhere to sit at night, either inside or out on the balcony, or they have to be split with 2 on the smaller double and 1 with us. Either way - inconvenient. I thought we’d moved away from those holidays where we’re sat in silence waiting for the children to fall asleep!
The second issue is the age old problem of welcoming (or not in this case) children into the pool and spa area. I get it. Spas are meant to be calm, relaxing places. But if children are not allowed to be in 1 pool, then don’t expect them to stop splashing in the only pool they can go in. Fun police alert!
And lastly, the welcoming environment. As I say, the staff are congenial but not exactly warm. At no point were we made to feel that our custom was needed or wanted. We didn’t feel any particular joie de vivre from the staff. They were polite, courteous and not unwelcoming but nothing more. This, in addition with the rather frustrating policy of no bare feet or swimming clothes on in order to walk through to your room, yet the only access from the beach is via the restaurant, doesn’t help to make you feel relaxed or welcomed.
So would we stay again? Sadly no. The hotel promised so much but didn’t quite deliver on its promises.

Room Tip: Southerly rooms face directly out to sea, but you will get a good view from those facing east.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Adrian L, Responsable commercial at Grand Hotel des Sablettes Plage, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for taken the time to share your experience in South of France.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and also take into consideration your improvement points regarding your room with children and the spa hours dedicated to them. Please note that the indoor pool allows children from 10am to 12 every day, and that the outdoor one welcomes them at every moment of the day.
Be assured that I will share your entire points with all the team and the direction, very concerned about guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I randomly came across this hotel when searching for hotels during a recent trip and am so glad I decided to take a chance and book it. This hotel is not only beautiful, but it is ideally situated along the Mediterranean Sea, both for the local beach and sites, as well as a good home base for exploring other parts of the Cote d'Azure and Provence. I

My family and I have extremely high American standards and this hotel met our requirements. Although small, it's quite luxurious with the standard amenities you'd expect to fine a larger hotel chain (it's part of Hilton's boutique collection, Curio). The room was comfortable and clean, the property itself stunning, and the staff was professional and courteous.

Each morning we looked forward to a lovely breakfast on the lovely veranda overlooking the sea. I think that breakfast was the biggest draw for us... great views with a nice selection of food and beverages.

As mentioned, the hotel staff was courteous and helpful with suggestions and recommendations when we asked. The hotel is perfectly situated to the local shops and restaurants, and the property has a nice outdoor pool as well as an indoor one, a spa and hamam, and the staff will set you up along the beach if you request it. The beach, however, while beautiful, is quite narrow. It's probably best for a swim or to walk along it rather than try to sunbathe, at least in that particular section.

My ONLY complaint is the frugality we experienced... I shared a room and we had one small bottle of body lotion between the two of us. We ran out and I asked for another. The front desk said that we already received one bottle in the room and could buy more from the spa. That was not acceptable... it's part of Hilton, which doesn't limit their products to one per stay. Not only that, but we certainly paid enough money for our stay, and the hotel is supposed to be luxury - they can and should supply enough standard toiletries. I insisted that they send another lotion, so that is exactly what Housekeeping brought to us - literally ONE bottle of lotion. Any other hotel would bring a few plus other toiletries.

Other than that, this hotel is fantastic and I highly recommend it. The next time I visit the French Riviera I will certainly consider returning here!

Room Tip: Try to get a sea front view... I think it's worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to read that you fully enjoyed the hotel and the service and also that you intend to come back and visit us again soon in Provence d'Azur.
Thank you for your nice comment regarding the staff, we will not miss to share your review with all the team.

Communication & Quality assistant at Les Maisons Lelièvre family group