Hotel Ulivi(Paratico)
US$93
US$83
  • Free Breakfast
  • Room Service
Empire Resort Hotel(Clusane sul Lago)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$192
Hotels.com
US$79
US$77
Hotel Aquarium(Clusane sul Lago)
US$128
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Nice hotel, which can use a paintbrusch at the outside. The spot where it is located has had its best time, but the inside is clean and nice. The service is very good. The rooms spacious and clean and in good order. You have to like green and pink. Good beds.
We had breakfast served in our room, to avoid the busload of Japanese tourists and the breakfast was very rich withe a lot of choices and good products. Served in the room only costs 2,50 euro extra. I can recommend it! Free parking on a small space. The town is not spectacular but its a nice place to start trips to Milano, Brescia (Mille Miglia Museum), Lakes Iseo and Garda and the countryside.
A fine hotel, nothing special, jus fine.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights for a long weekend. The hotel is easy to find and very accesible by public transport, costing about 5 euro over 2 busses (Bergamo airport into Bergamo station then out to Sarnico, which is then about a 5 minute walk to the hotel in neighbouring Paratico).
The room was a good size and clean with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed, the patio was wonderful, large and overlooking the lake. I imagine in summer it would be a great place to sit out and relax with a bottle of wine.
The staff were wonderful, I cannot praise them highly enough, nothing was too much bother for them, they provided us with an information pack of the area, as well as giving us advice on how to get places, loaned us the hotel bikes free of charge and were always pleasant no matter the hour.
The breakfast was a standard buffet but there was definitely more choice the earlier you got there. We didn't use the spa facilities while we were there, but it looked very nice.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minx1984
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Decent hotel in beautifull surroundings. Convenient placed halfway between Milano and Verona and close to Lake Garda. Rooms are fine, bathrooms good and the facilities are adequate even though the Pool wasn't open during our stay so you wonder if it ever is open..... Nice peacefull surroundings.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 14 July 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights, and I wish it was longer. Yes, the pool was out of order, but the hotel made arrangements for their guests to use the Origani Beach Club, which was lovely, at their expense.

The spa was incredible. BEST massages my husband and I ever had, and very reasonably priced as well. They were absolutely one of the highlights of the trip.

The breakfast buffet was plebian, it is true, but it was adequate, and they gave me unlimited cappuccinos when I asked, and they were terrific. All the food was decent, and since I only need fruit and cereal and yogurt for breakfast, and they had that and it was good quality, I had no problems with it.

It was so nice to have air conditioning, after staying in several other more expensive hotels in Europe without it, and being miserable.

The decor was fine, and the bedside lights worked fine.

There was a refrigerator in the room, and a welcome plate of fresh fruit and a bowl of candy in the room. Our rooms had huge patios overlooking the lake, which made them extra special.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank kookietraveler
Reviewed 27 September 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Franciacorta Golf Hotel in Paratico for a week from 10th to 17th September, 2007. The room was of a decent size, with good air conditioning and ample storage. Unfortunately, that’s where the good news ended. The hot water was off for our first two days there, the indoor swimming pool was out of use for our whole week there. When I asked the receptionist why I was told “Maybe Tomorrow.”

Breakfasts were bland, boring, predictable, and quite spartan. The hotel was located right in the middle of a shopping centre, half way up a hill, and had few facilities for the less mobile. To describe it as having less atmosphere than the Moon would be almost a compliment. There was a health and beauty salon in the basement. I fancied a sauna one evening and was quite taken back by the price...20 euros! £14 in Sterling just for a sauna!

Paratico itself, and its twin town, Sarnico, just over the bridge, are both completely underwhelming. The lakeside town of Iseo is the only gem on Lake Iseo itself. All the others, Sulzano, Pisogne, et al, are all semi-industrial, and can only be accessed via long road tunnels which are inhabited by quasi-suicidal truck and van drivers! The scenery around Lake Iseo is stunning and every bit as attractive as its larger neighbours.

Brescia is well worth a visit, as is Desenzano on Lake Garda. If possible, avoid the expensive lakeside restaurants and visit the Trattorias and cafes on the side streets. They’re far cheaper and you get bigger portions!

Our flight to Bergamo was from Liverpool JL with Ryanair, and was excellent both ways. One recommendation I would make is, if you’re hiring a car, go to one of the smaller hire firms. We pre-booked with Hertz and had a one-and-a-half-hour wait in the arrivals hall to pick up our car. The smaller firms...Sixt, Budget, and Europcar... were far quicker getting their customers onto wheels.

There is an outlet park near Rodengo-Saiano (Italy’s largest, by all accounts) which houses many famous-name shops. Although it’s nowhere near the size of the Trafford Centre or Meadowhall, it does have some beautiful clothes leather, and ceramic outlets.

There is no way, however, that I would ever return to the Franciacorta Golf Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple