All reviews busy road lovely hotel lake como underground parking spacious clean rooms daily charge mountain view nice pool the upper floors short walk from the hotel coach trippers newmarket holidays swimming pool is surrounding villages small balcony stayed for nights half board
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 30 traveling through Lake Como for a two night stay. There was a fire in the electrical wiring in the ceiling lights in one of the rooms. The smoke detector did not go off, and when the fire alarm finally alerted the guests, hotel staff told us it was just the elevator alarm and to go back to our rooms. Because the room with the fire was one of our rooms, we received texts and calls to evacuate. The staff was terribly rude- yelling at patrons- refusing to call the fire department. They kept insisting there was no fire, despite the fact that several of us saw the flames and watched them use the fire extinguisher to stifle it. They were very worried about the inspection. The fire department finally arrived... it was a nightmare. They could have handled it much better and much more professionally.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Good hotel and the pool was super in July. Stuff was very friendly. Only wifi didn’t work so if you need to work it might be hard. I think the hotel was in very good place and good restorants were close.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Enjoyed a lovely week’s stay at the Lario in July 2018. Staff are wonderful, so helpful and friendly and the hotel itself is comfortable and clean with spacious rooms. A good choice as a base for touring on Lake Como. Bus stop in the village as well as a stop for the local road train.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon N
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Travelled as part of a Newmarket tour. Was not impressed to see my request for a lake view was completely ignored, despite having contacted the hotel directly, and I was given a room overlooking the extraction fans that ran all night. A request to change rooms was met with a fiery outburst from the girl on duty, I did afterwards feel sorry for her, as she was running both reception and the bar and dining room. At the time though, I found her to be very confrontational and aggressive. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, very good room service with the essentials replaced daily including towels and toiletries. The staff were pleasant and helpful and most of them spoke decent English. The swimming pool is fabulous and I spent many happy hours in there. The little garden at the front was lovely to enjoy a drink in in the evening, but it is on a busy road that a lot of locals tend to rave on. Now comes to the issue that would not have me recommending this hotel. The food. Dire. Breakfast passable but with no hot options and coffee from a machine. In Italy!! The home of coffee!! Dinner was a joke. Some sort of potato product, frozen veg and meat. Coated chicken, pork cutlet, processed turkey, no sauces , no flavour, no taste. One night my dads chicken was raw. Dreadful. This is such a shame because it really lets the hotel down. One last thing, I get the impression that this hotel cares more for the overnight coach trippers than week long stayers. I watched night after night as each new group were allocated lake view rooms. Would I return? Not sure, but if I did I would certainly go on a bed only basis.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank 415lindsayf
Reviewed 2 July 2018

the hotel food is not the best and you have a 30min walk along a very busy road with no footpath in either direction to reach anything the rooms are ok and it has a very small pool but i would not recommend a stay of more than one night

Room tip: NOT the attic
Date of stay: June 2018