US$211
US$142
  • Pool
US$174
  • Restaurant
Leixlip Manor Hotel and Gardens(Leixlip)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$169
All reviewstayto parkfamily packagenice hotelbar foodseparate showerbus servicedublin airportfamily roombusiness tripstayed here for one nightcity centretea coffeedouble roombooked this hotelbus stopenjoyable stayyogurt
Reviewed 27 January 2018

My brother took me to the Carlton Hotel for an afternoon tea , I found the following the reception lady was very friendly and helpful, the waiter was very polite the coffee was lovely and fresh, when the cake stand came it had 3 leaves to it on the bottom was the sandwiches middle was the cake slices also the fruit scones and your jam * cream then on top was your pastries and I enjoyed the sandwich the were lovely and I enjoyed the pastry's the were very much the were very taste . and I enjoyed the champagne it had a very nice taste I knew it was the nice one not the cheep stuff you might get in other places .
The manager was very friendly and very polite and charming .
I would love to recommend this hotel to go and you will have a very enjoyably time here I had but one bad thing to say PLEASE fix your direction as it was hard to find you but that's the only bad thing i would say

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
CarltonBlanch, Sales and Marketing Executive at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear bridgetbellew,

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea with us. We will pass on your wonderful comments to all of our team. In relation to the direction issues you had to deal with, there was a glitch in the system system and this has been completely rectified now. We hope that we can welcome you back to us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks and I have mixed experience. I would like to keep this review objective and compartmentalized.
Location-
The hotel is located in a small town called Tyrellstown. There are couple of chinese take out places and a fish and chips within walking distance. That's it. There are half-hourly bus service to Dubling city. If you are here for vacation and you dont have a car, your vacation is about to get really stressful. The people of the town however does uphold the Irish tradition of being courteous and helpful. But I doubt this place ever sees much tourist activity.

Room-
I stayed in a Executive room. Which had two twin beds merged together to make one. Unfortunately there was couple of inches of gap. It worked out for me because I stayed alone, but would have been very uncomfortable for a couple. Wi-fi, toiletries, safety deposit box etc were adequate. Laundry service was nice.
Tea-Coffee making facility meant an old electric jug (which was not clean) and tea bags/ instant coffee powder... poor.
Cleaning/Maintenance -
The cleaning and maintenance staff were nice in person, but seemed inexperienced. Once I requested the cleaning lady to clean my room a little early, because I had a call to take from room. She was very nice to do it for me. I would have given 5 stars to this person if there was such a section. But the Bed/Duvet cover was not changed while I was there (3 weeks). I know that because one corner of my bed cover was wrinkled and it stayed the same throughout my stay. Can't be coincidence.
Two small water bottles were provided daily. Extra water (and toothpaste etc) would have to be bought from a vending machine on the floor. Which surprised me for a hotel which has 4 stars in its name.
One day my ac wasn't working and repair couldn't be done on the same day.Which I was okay with, but the maintenance guy forgot to inform that to me. I waited for him to come back for an hour and then had to ask the reception to figure it out.

Restaurant-
There is a restaurant on premise. Very limited menu options and quite expensive. I was served food before my drinks, twice. Both the times I got a dry apology(you know, the kind of sorry, where the person is actually not sorry). Three times I went to the restaurant only to find out that it was only serving customers who had "late flights". Being in the hotel for so long and eating in the restaurant every night, I expected to be notified about this beforehand (for a hotel with 4 stars in its name).Breakfast was okay.

Front Desk-
The reception people seemed very very weird to me. I meant I have travelled quite a lot, I have never experienced such a passive hotel front desk. They were very mechanical and always looked stressed out.They rarely made eye contact with guests. There was never a smile or a cheerful hello.
My laundry was collected from room on the first day. Next day it wasn't. When I checked with the reception, they told me that I had to bring the laundry downstairs to them for collection. When I inquired why it was collected from my room first time, the lady just rolled her eyes. In another instance, the office shuttle guy took a day off and the reception arranged for a cab for dropping off the guests to office.Which was nice. But the cab driver waited outside for 10 mins and then finally started asking everybody in reception about who is coming. There were 4/5 guests waiting in the reception area with office bags looking out for the shuttle literally withing 10 feet of the front desk yet the reception people were too shy to inform them that there was a taxi waiting outside.
Talking about office shuttle, I had to find my own way back to hotel from office thrice because the shuttle didn't arrive to pick me up. Every time it looked like there was some sort of mis-communication between the front desk and the shuttle drivers. I called the hotel from office first time. They said that they are going to arrange for a taxi for my pick up. I waited for 30 mins in the office, there was no taxi. When I called the hotel again, they sounded lost and out of clue. I didn't bother asking for alternative transport for the next two times. I mean, I got stood up three consecutive days. Can you believe it?

Overall I would still recommend this hotel if anyone is coming for a official trip for a day or two. But not for any longer trips.

Room Tip: Always choose room with breakfast and the bar is good.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank hirakchatterjee

Dear hirakchatterjee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is with all guests reviews that we can continue to improve our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Hotel is well placed both close to airport and Dublin city centre, and can still enjoy a quiet peaceful night. The staff are very friendly and helpful towards local information, with great bar and table service. I have been staying 5 nights a week for the last 8 months, the bar staff have been exceptionally kind and courteous, from management down all members of the team are polite and very friendly to all guests and customers, my only issues were with the small and continuous menu available. As I have been here for a long period of time I would like to see a new menu every few months or possibly a seasonal specials menu available. In all my time here the daily staff in both the reception and the Hour glass bar have been exceptional, Manager Kevin and receptionists to bar manager Anthony and bar staff Elaine, Jessica,Lorena,Dean,Ozzie and Mark.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear cobrien2159,

Please let me take the opportunity to thank you for such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will pass on your wonderful comments to our team especially to Kevin, Anthony, Elaine, Jessica, Lorena, Dean, Ozzie and Mark. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

If you're thinking about booking the Carlton Blanchardstown stop thinking and book it now. This hotel has a great team of staff , good size rooms and bathrooms, excellent restaurant and bar/bar food. Breakfast is excellent, good food for all tastes/needs. It is convenient to business parks, leisure facilities, kids entertainment and marvellous shopping centres. There is a bus service from right outside the hotel to Dublin City centre and Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. The hotel can proudly boast free WiFi throughout the hotel and easy free parking. Book and enjoy whether for business or pleasure.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank fairplay_7
CarltonBlanch, other at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear fairplay_7,

We would firstly like to thank you for such an amazing review. We are so happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Here to comment on restaurant not the hotel..Im not a person that complains over silly things but had a carvery there on 2 occasions and food is nice enough quality but the majority of staff are quite miserable,hardly any smile and look quite bored or as if everything is a struggle..puts you right off your dinner. In my opinion they should be trained better to make people feel comfortable or don't call it 4* as the service doesn't match. You can go to most pubs that serve food and get a better service without the star rating.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple