“Amazing experience!”

Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Roscrea
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Have been here a good few times for different occasions and it is always exceptional. Portions are huge so bring an appetite!
Bar & reception area is so welcoming and comfy with fire always lighting.
Food is fab with steak to die for. Staff always so attentive and nice too. Always a great experience.

4  Thank Kathrine83

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We arrived and were very impressed with welcome and setting, it gorgeous and we had a good first impression.There was one vegetarian in our group, we had advised them of this at time of booking and again the day before to confirm but were not impressed when it seemed we were putting them on the spot about having any sort of vegetarian dishes and were offered the starters of goats cheese and spring rolls as main courses which were disappointing. Starters and main course were nice but I have had pub grub which is better. Very expensive also. Overall we wont be returning and would not reccommend to others. Pity,as we loved the setting and the house and the waitress was lovely.They should include more vegetarian dishes and be a bit more flexible with menu.

Date of visit: November 2011
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have been to Fiacrí House for many occasions and have never ever been disappointed with any part of the experience. I have been for family occaisions, girls nights out, and romantic nights and have always enjoyed the evening.
The menu is extensive and will suit everyone. There isn't too much of anything, in that if you like fish you have a wide choice, if you like meat you have a wide choice, veggies the same. The soups are so amazing, I've tasted soups here that I wouldn't normally choose, such as nettle soup (had this on an evening here when I was a little under the weather and I swear it made me feel so much better).
The starters are gorgeous, so tasty. Mains come with loads of potatoes and vegetables. But please save room for your deserts! the house plate! WOW WOW WOW! a little bit everything... a little bit of heaven!
Wines are wonderful, food is second to none. There is loads and they will give you a doggie bag if you cant finish something. The portions are quiet big so don't eat much before going.
I've attended the Christmas cookery course here also, and it is more than worth the money and I still make some of the dishes we learned.
I have to say I recommend Fiacrí House to everyone. It's a little out of the way but it is more than worth it.

Date of visit: December 2010
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I went to this restaurant for my birthday with my partner. Overall food was good, the rack of lamb was fab. However. The basic thing such as pot n veg were poor as I thought the garlic potatoes were definitely al dente! Atmosphere good very old worldly yet classy. I was also a bit cold there but they sorted the heating. I would recommend this place despite a little moaning!!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Visited Fiacri House with a group of 6 on a lovely autumn evening.
Had a drink in the small bar while waiting for our table and were then treated to a really great meal. Huge portions, all well cooked. Good wine list too.
Recommend highly.