Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews racket hall saturday night piping hot from start to finish bed was very comfortable old style carvery venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Had breakfast here terrible coffee asked for it to be replaced not any better. Breakfast freshly cooked ok self service for rest. Place feels tired dining room quiet dark friendly staff. I will mot be returning.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank robertjganly
Reviewed 18 February 2020

I got this as a deal on pigsback! It was €60 for the room plus a €30 supplement because it was a Saturday! Breakfast was included so as it was the day after Valentine’s I didn’t mind as it was a surprise for my boyfriend! However, when we got there we checked in at reception, where we waited about 5 minutes while the two girls at reception sat chatting, then one reluctantly addressed us and it was a brief encounter. After leaving our luggage in the room we headed down to the bar for a drink, unfortunately we had the same problem in the bar with being served, there was a group of staff gathered having a chat and they didn’t want to be in work at all! Eventually we got served! The night was a sleepless night for us both, as I’ve never been somewhere less soundproofed! There was some kind of gathering on in the reception room and not only could we hear the music and voices from that but we were woken at 5am by people in there rooms! These people were not shouting or screaming just having a chat which they were entitled to however it felt like they were in the room with us!! The next morning I got up for breakfast, my partner too tired after not having slept decided to skip this and I quickly realized he had the right idea! Again the same thing happened with the staff they were uninterested in work and instead walked aimlessly around, once I eventually got my buffet breakfast I had to wait 10 minutes for a cup of tea! After this we decided to leave and headed to reception to check out where again we waited 5-10 minutes as there was not a soul at reception in the end my partner got fed up, left our room key at reception and we left!! Over all it was very disappointing!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank daisyo726
Reviewed 22 January 2020

Stayed here for one night. I think I may have been one of the few people if not only guest that night which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it was really quite which is exactly what i was looking for. The room was good, it was a good size and warm, maybe a little dated but not the worst. Where it fell down was the bathroom; the floor was disgustingly sticky. The shower looked like it could have seen better days too. One other negative was the tv, terrible reception. Honestly I'd give this hotel a great mark if it hadn't been for the bathroom floor and if the shower could be updated. Other than that not a bad stay.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ReviewerLC
Reviewed 2 January 2020

We stayed at Rackett Hall for three nights, including over NYE when we had a family party in the function room. The staff looked after us from start to finish. The food was good and portions very generous. The rooms were clean and well kept and we loved the super large bed in the room! Thank you for a great stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

We stayed at Racket Hall for 3 nights over new year and had a fabulous family party. The staff were welcoming & very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean & cosy with super king beds. The meal for 60 was reasonably priced and delicious. We had an unforgettable family reunion and are very grateful to all the staff at Racket Hall for their help. We would recommend!

Date of stay: January 2020