2,331 results
All reviews dublin airport an early flight park and fly shuttle service free shuttle next morning wake up call overnight stay rental car one night stay spacious room ireland proximity bus convenience euro
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon arrival looked for other restaurants in the area but none to be had. So decided the inhouse restaurant was our only choice unless we called a cab and ventured out for the evening. We decided to stay in and ordered off the limited menu and we had the sea bass and a beet salad. OMG, the salad was tasteless and the fish over rice was even worse. No flavor and the sea bass was so thin and then overcooked. Was like eating cardboard. I asked for management but only another waiter came forward with no apologies. I asked him to box up the meal and have the chef use it for his dinner that evening. That way the chef could taste what he was serving us to eat. No responds from him. They did take off the bill the lowest priced item as a way to say I'm sorry. That was not good enough, so future travelers think twice about eating at the Carlton Hotel. airport location You now have been warned. On the flip side the rooms and the hotel staff were great and did an awesome job. The bus service provided to and from the airport was also very good and accommodating.

Room Tip: No tip on how to get a good room, what we were given was clean and accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Guest-Relations-CHDA, Director of Sales at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you liked your room, enjoyed our customer service and that the shuttle was very good.
I have passed on your comments to the team in the kitchen.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here the night before our flight out of Dublin to America. We stayed in a rooftop suite and the room was huge! Great sized bed for a comfortable sleep, and it had a lounge area with sofa and armchair aswell. There was also a small balcony where you could sit outside. We ate in the Kittyhawks bar and the food was delicious, and served in good time. They are renovating at the moment so it is a bit mad at the moment but the staff are doing a great job in assisting customers. The carparking and free shuttle to Dublin Airport is also a huge plus for this hotel as it is a five minute drive.

My only point where I would be disappointed is that I reserved my room a year previously and requested several times over email to have a room overlooking the airport as I am an aviation enthusiast, but upon checkin I was assigned a non airport side room which was disappointing to me as I had been assured I could have a airport side room.

However this does not put me off the hotel and anytime I need to stay before a flight from Dublin this hotel will always be top of my list.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Mikesimus,

Thank you for your review. Delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the Carlton Dublin Airport.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed a couple of times, but this time there were some significant changes: due to upgrade work the reception had moved to the other side of the hotel, the shuttle bus had moved round too and the restaurant was now on a completely different floor. Did that cause the slightest change in quality of service? No, the staff were calm and professional as always, with the same friendly welcome. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel makes a real effort to be more eco-conscious.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
639soneill, Deputy General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Stephen,

Many thanks for your lovely review and we are delighted you enjoyed yet another stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for one night to watch some rugby.
Big renovations ongoing so everything is a bit upside down.
Reception was painfully slow and unfriendly, a smile must have been extra!
Rooms fine although shower was rubbish, temperature kept moving went from hot to warm/cold shower constantly.
I was positioned right about the renovations although these did stop around 4:30.
Breakfast was below par, I have had better at the local cafe for a fiver.
To top it off they have charged me twice for the room.
Not impressed and will nicer stay here again. I chose the hotel for convenience but it was never worth the money.
Choose an alternative hotel is my advice

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Guest-Relations-CHDA, Director of Sales at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi ThyKingMaker72.

We are undergoing some renovations at the moment which will be completed in November. I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments.
We hope to see you again at the Carlton Dublin Airport when our renovations are finished.

Regards,

Brendan R.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel represented good value for money and was convenient to the airport. Staff not particularly friendly however were busy and renovations taking place near front desk. Breakfast was not great and gym lacked equipment. If you want a hotel close to airport with tidy rooms this does the trick however not outstanding.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Hi Gregorio,

Thank you for your review and comments. I will pass them on to the relevant departments.
We hope to see you again at the Carlton Dublin Airport