US$140
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$108
Priceline
Foley Arms Hotel - JD Wetherspoon(Malvern)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

Railway Inn(Malvern Wells)
TripAdvisor
The Brambles(Malvern Wells)
TripAdvisor
1,118 results
All reviewsmalvern hillsstunning viewswine listthe main hotelfresh milkhotel groundscoach housebiscuitsdinner menulovely hotellovely roomrelaxed atmosphereevening mealhigh standardafternoon teanew ownersshort break
Reviewed 11 January 2018

From the moment you walked through the door of this hotel you were aware that you had arrived at something very special.
The way my wife was welcomed whilst I locked the car and followed her in,to the immediate attention to make us comfortable in the bar area was superb.
A very welcoming bar staff attended to us,made sure we had menus to peruse.
The quality of the lunch menu was superb and for a couple like ourselves who have travelled throughout the world at our expense and in business at other people’s expense this was a meal we will not forget.
Thank you and please thank your staff for a great lunch on New Years Eve in a location it will be hard to better.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the view flrom the front of the hotel.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
TheCottageTeam, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your glowing review of you experience for New Year's Eve lunch. I have passed on your comments to the front of house team as well as the chefs. We love to welcome guests and make everyone feel at home so they can enjoy their experience with us and it is wonderful to have such positive feedback.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warm wishes
Julia and all the team here at The Cottage in the Wood

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Booked this hotel for a short stay in Malvern to visit the Morgan Motor Car Factory, ideally situated for this and the many other attractions that the area had to offer. Some earlier reviews has said the rooms were dated and poorly decorated but this was not our experience, we had a very comfortable stay and were met with friendliness and welcome by the staff. The restaurant offered a limited menu but the meals were exceptional. Although there was no dedicated Electric Vehicle charging point at the hotel the Manager made arrangements for me to access an outlet where I could charge my car. They could have said no sorry and left it that but went out of their way to find a solution to my request. Happily stay there again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank subarusam

Hello,
Thank you for choosing The Cottage in the Wood. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your comments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Julia and all The Cottage team

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Booked the 2night New Year package, our second time of visiting. Accommodation in the Coach House good, food without fault for all meals we had, staff very helpful and friendly. However the entertainment on the New Year Gala meal was very poor. Scruffy resident band, played for about half hour then went for a break! There was no background music or disco replacement, just silence which dampened the evening. Heard several guests complaining, not what we would have expected for the price paid and the event. Would dine here anytime but would not return for New Year.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melon58

Hello,
Thank you for choosing The Cottage for your New Year celebration. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your rooms, the food and service. I am sorry to hear your comments about the entertainment. We were equally disappointed with the band. The resident band had always been a hit with guests but unfortunately this year due to a change is some key members of the band standards have slipped. We are currently assessing bands so I can assure you that the New Year's Eve to bring in 2019 will be a fantastic event. Some of the bands that have shown interest in playing are brilliant! Obviously this is of little comfort to you and we would have much preferred you to have enjoyed the entertainment you received but I hope this helps to show that we take feedback very seriously and use feedback to improve the quality and service we provide.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Julia and all The Cottage team

Reviewed 4 January 2018

My wife and I, along with my brother and sister in-law stayed here between Xmas and the New Year and thoroughly enjoyed it! The hotel is in a splendid position nestled in the side of the hill and the views are absolutely stunning! The staff were all very friendly and the food in the restaurant, both at breakfast and dinner, was superb. We also liked the extra personal touches that you don't get at the big chain hotels, like little bottles of fresh milk on each floor for tea and coffee making! We will definitely be coming back at our first opportunity!!

Room Tip: Go for a first floor room in the Coach House for a great view!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David P

Hi David,
Thank you for visiting The Cottage and taking the time to write this glowing review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your compliments about the service and the food you enjoyed to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Julia and all the team at The Cottage

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stayed here as a group of friends over the New Year weekend. The food is excellent. High quality ingredients and the team in the kitchen clearly know how the make the most of them. Every member of staff was very helpful and friendly - couldn't ask for any more.

The rooms are clean but they are in need of modernisation. The decorating, the furniture and the bathrooms all need replacing. The bed had the softest mattress I have ever slept on to the extent that I awoke with an aching back every morning through lack of support.

The hotel is in a fabulous location with impressive views across the valley and being on the Malvern Hills guests have fantastic direct access to some good walking.

Would eat in the restaurant without hesitation but couldn't sleep in those bedrooms again until they've been sorted.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
TheCottageTeam, Owner at The Cottage in the Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hello,
Thank you for visiting The Cottage in the Wood and for taking the time to leave this review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry the bedrooms were not to your liking. Thank you for your kind words about the service and the food - I have passed these comments on to the team who are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes,