All reviews headingley cricket ground off street parking budget hotel test match an iron and ironing board tea coffee overnight stay bed was very comfortable rugby university pint concert
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Booking last minute this B&B was my only option. Place looked like it needed a full makeover. It was scruffy, looked tired and for the price of £34 I wouldn’t have even stayed there for free ! I never slept a wink !!! The bed and mattress were very old and creaked every time I moved. Also when other guests moved about - I felt the floor boards move. Plus the bathroom looked sad and needed a good revamp. Doors looked grimy. The dining area and bar were dark and uninviting depressing in fact. Breakfast well basic ! Get me home !!!! The only plus was a good bus service too and from Leeds and First Arena !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
MarkLowther, Owner at Boundary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for your review. I have shared your review with the team, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay, we do monitor standards regularly and can only apologies for the below par standards you experienced.

The shared bathrooms were modernised at the beginning of the year and generally receive positive feedback, we apologise it didn't meet your standards.
We offer a basic continental style breakfast which is self service but have a menu on each table suggesting many hot breakfast options. Again I can only apologise if the number of options was insufficient

We are a small family run hotel and do take feedback seriously, we are in the process of renovating the hotel.

If you would like to contact me directly so we can discuss this further feel free to email me on marklowtherTA@gmail.com

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Visited this hotel last week on business, staff could not have been more helpful. This is a budget hotel, so if you are expecting boutique and posh then this is not the place for you, but you will be very well looked after here.
Mark the owner is working steadily towards improving the hotel, and it is in a great location for Headingley Cricket ground and the university.
I will definitely come again - lots of free parking and a warm welcome.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at the Boundary Hotel.

We appreciate your kind words and have passed them on to the team. We are in the process of renovating the hotel, only to improve the standards further.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is probably the worst establishment I’ve ever stayed at. As it was quite cheap I wasn’t expecting too much.. however mouldy rooms with the ceiling caving in, broken windows, dirty floors and a shared bathroom for each floor which can only be described as an airing cabinet is not what I was expecting.

The paper thin walls allow you to hear your neighbour breathing and the windows that didn’t shut properly allowed me to hear every vehicle passing from 3 floors away. I then woke up to the sound of the cleaners blasting music while doing other rooms.

The only positives of this stay were the friendly staff and the fact that my room was cold enough to keep my bottle of water chilled.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I have shared your review with the team, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay, we do monitor standards regularly and can only apologize for the below par standards you experienced.

We are a small family run hotel and do take feedback seriously and are in the process of renovating the hotel.

We hate leaving on bad terms and would love the opportunity to invite you back to our more superior En-suite bedrooms, please do give us the chance to show we can get it right.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The Hotel is near to the cricket ground as you could possibly get, excellent location. Friendly staff especially Dan& James , rooms basic clean bit tired. Breakfast spot on proper full English and a pint if you want, parking at the rear safe & secure The hotel is also on good bus& Taxi route into city center would return to this hotel and recommend it. Thanks

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your kind words and have passed them on to the team. We are in the process of renovating the hotel to improve the standards of all rooms.

Hopefully see you for the England vs Pakistan test next year.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The good points included it was very, very convenient for the sporting venue. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The cooked breakfast was good value and pleasant. The internal noise was quieter than expected with a comfortable bed. We had two main problems one outside the control of the hotel. Ear plugs are needed because for some reason Leeds and Bradford airport are allowed flights arriving until well past 2am! This hotel is under the flight path alas. Second problem is the stupid fridge which is like a dripping tap noisy to those trying to sleep. Why you have a micro wave and fridge in this bedroom I do not know. For convenience and if we bought ear plugs would use this hotel again but would unplug the fridge.

Room Tip: Abbey apart from the fridge and plane noise was good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

The last flights into Leeds and Bradford airport are before midnight and whilst we are close to the flight path the noise is unlikely to have come from an aircraft.

Many apologies for the noise caused by the fridge it has subsequently been removed.

We hope that you choose to us again in the future.