All reviews headingley cricket ground off street parking budget hotel test match an iron and ironing board tea coffee overnight stay bed was very comfortable rugby university pint concert
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Well...from the moment my daughter and I walked in we were looking at each other thinking where the hell are we? The man on reception was incredibly rude demanding I pay even though the payment had been made through booking.com but he was adamant I hadn't paid so I had to go to the extreme of showing him my phone showing payment...no sorry no naff all.
Then we went to the room OMG!!! What a dump...we thought we'd been transported back to 1970! Talk about basics...this was taking the piss to say the very least . It was dirty and obviously had damp at some point probably in the 60s, not to mention the make shift head board and oh the insect detector under the bed which we found slightly disturbing!!! no on suit which by the way was not mentioned on the site in which we booked this nightmare place from. We couldn't get out and get into Leeds centre quick enough...the least time spent in there the better. Eventually the night was over and we had to return to our dismay...and on return we were subjected to what can only be described as possibly shrek in the next room snoring like an old troll! We also heard a fart at some point so needless to say the walls are paper thin!!, so if your a massive fan of the 70s decor, live in squalor and suffer from insomnia with a slight tendency to self harm this is the place for you otherwise avoid like your life depended on it!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank adele c
MarkLowther, Owner at Boundary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for your review. I have shared your review with the team, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay, we do monitor the cleaning standards regularly and can only apologies for the below par standards you experienced.

Paying directly to booking.com is a new service we had not signed up for knowingly therefore i can only apologize for my duty managers abruptness. Payment has always been taken at the hotel.

Following your review i have spoken to the manager on duty about his attitude etc... and have terminated his contract this is not a true representation of the customer service we provide.

Hotels with due diligence have insect detectors under beds for regular inspection. These are in place for preventative measures, not to show we have a problem.

We hate leaving on bad terms and would love the opportunity to invite you back to our more superior En-suite bedrooms, please do give us the chance to show we can get it right.

If you would like to contact me directly so we can discuss this further feel free to email me on marklowtherTA@gmail.com

Mark & The Team

Reviewed 11 March 2017

The Boundary Hotel is joint with the Butler hotel next door.... its run by the same staff.. single bed room unfortunately was in the basement, although it wasn't cold downstairs.... the bathroom was shared by the whole floor (approx 6 rooms) I don't recall seeing this when booking through Booking.com... considering I paid £35 for the room I can't complain... you get what you pay for. The breakfast was nice, help yourself to complimentary continental breakfast and pay for cooked breakfast (freshly cooked) the hotel location was perfect for me as I needed to be in that area early in the morning... the hotel has on site Bar open till late... they have slot machine and pool table for guest use... every room has TV (freeview) hair dryers/ tea & coffee making facilities... be aware that if you get a room on a higher floor, the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbour easily... also you may find you have to share bath/shower with other guests. Their is a car park for guest use too. oh and Leeds rhinos' rugby ground is next door.

Room Tip: ask for en suite
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
MarkLowther, Manager at Boundary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

MarkLowther, Owner at Boundary Hotel, responded to this review

Most doors along the corridor downstairs are for storage, the bathroom services just three bedrooms but we understand this is not clear and plan to to sign the rooms more clearly.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Snug bathroom and basic room but not expensive. Clean & comfortable. . Friendly staff. We nicknamed our room the cupboard under the stairs. For us this hotel was perfect. We would stay there again. On site parking. No lift.

Room Tip: Check where your room is if you have heavy luggage - no lift.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
MarkLowther, Owner at Boundary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

MarkLowther, Owner at Boundary Hotel, responded to this review
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at the Boundary Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Why not request one of our more superior En-suite rooms on the upper floors during your next stay...?

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Hotel is a bit basic but in a great location for visiting our daughter at Leeds uni. The room was clean and tidy, altough the walls are paper thin so you hear everything from the neighbouring rooms. Staff at the hotel are very friendly.
Breakfast can be a bit chaotic with queues forming. A more modern rotating mini industrial toaster may help.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

MarkLowther, Owner at Boundary Hotel, responded to this review
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at the Boundary Hotel, I have shared your review with the team.

We will have a look into purchasing a rotating toaster, great idea thank you!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Friendly welcome and bar person apart from that shocking. No heating in the rooms except small electric heater which you could not plug in anywhere safely. Our landing stunk of weed all night. The man serving breakfast in the morning and was very rude and walked away from us when we commented on the cold room an stink of weed. Would never go here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colkas

Thank you for your review. I have shared your review with the team, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Despite having a non smoking policy unfortunately some guests do not adhere to this, although we do try and police it as best we can.

Our chef would never intentionally ignore or offend a guest especially when it is a complaint about the hotel, we will speak to him.

We have central heating that comes on many times during the day and night, if prompted on an evening we are more than happy to boost or extend these times.

We hate leaving on bad terms and would love the opportunity to invite you back, please do give us the chance to show we can get it right.

Mark & The Team