“Unnecessarily rude”
Review of Riverbank Cafe

Riverbank Cafe
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a Cafe concentrating home cooking, good coffee with crafts & gifts. We allow dogs We do not take reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The manager lost their patience with me when I said I thought i'd just check if my table had become free yet (it had). When I tried to explain that I wasn't rushing her she continued to have a go at me. Weird and unnecessary. Didn't apologise, just took my money. Coffee was nice though. So 2 star.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (296)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice little cafe serving very nice food and cakes Helpful friendly staff doing their very best to follow Covid rules There isn’t much choice in Kinloch Rannoch but here is worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank drsusandunn
Reviewed 27 August 2021

At lunchtime today our family decided to eat at this establishment. I waited at least five minutes by the "wait here to be seated" sign while being ignored by the frosty faced harridan who " manages" the place. Then to be told that they could not seat four, despite there being a table for four in clear view with three chairs around it and several spare chairs which could have been used. It is not surprising that the cafe is quiet if others have had similar experiences. When the cafe was run as a community enterprise, the welcome was fulsome and the atmosphere cheery - no longer I regret to report. So sad.

1  Thank LancashireFlyfisher
Reviewed 12 August 2021

Stopped in with 4 friends and was told that tables of 5 'weren't happening'... and that 'I can see you eyeing up that table for 4' (You mean the one with plenty of space for a fifth chair?') Parting shot was 'I can do you takeaway coffees, but it will take 15 minutes'. Not a trace of regret, politeness or anything resembling a welcome. No thank you. Wouldn't return if you paid me.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

A lovely wee tearoom in an area where there aren’t many options at all for food or drink. The lady was friendly and welcoming and the cafe is spotless. Lovely coffee and very yummy freshly baked scones. Tearoom sells jams and gifts. Toilets were clean. We visited twice and would thoroughly recommend.