Lowest prices for your stay
US$259
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$270
PricelineUS$259
eDreamsUS$259
HurbUS$270
3,559 results
All reviews conwy castle cupcakes executive room the penthouse relaxation room sauna and steam room overlooking the marina leisure facilities modern hotel north wales lovely location the ground floor evening meal large bathroom fantastic views restaurant staff birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2020

We booked the Executive Deluxe room - room 268 in Tower 2. This is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. The staff were lovely - room amazing - food outstanding.
We used the pool (we booked an hour slot) So well organised.
Our room had the most amazing view across to Conwy Marina and also the Castle.
We will definitely be booking to go again.
We can't praise it highly enough.

Room tip: choose one of the towers with a conwy marina view
Date of stay: November 2020
Brid Collins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel & Spa.

I am so pleased to hear of your wonderful feedback and i am delighted you had a 'fabulous' experience with us!

I really appreciate your kind feedback which has been shared with the rest of the team!

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 9 November 2020

For years I have wanted to stay at the Quay Hotel in one of the balcony rooms overlooking the estuary and Castell Conwy. In August this year I booked ‘an executive deluxe room’ described on the website as having ‘stunning vistas of Conwy Castle across the Conwy estuary’.
Upon arrival, we were allocated room 275. Firstly I noted how small the room was - not my normal expectation of ‘an executive deluxe double’. But the huge disappointment was that there was absolutely no ‘stunning vista of Conwy Castle’. The room is on the ground floor, in an annex set back from the main block - this cuts out any view of the Castle. Also, looking at the fire escape plan, it is far smaller than any of the other similar rooms on the floor. I don’t understand how it can be designated in the same ‘executive deluxe’ category.
The hotel was full, so the only alternative was room 247. We accepted it because it is a large room, but no way is it ‘an executive deluxe room’. For example, the espresso coffee maker in room 275 was replaced with a simple kettle in 247. The décor and furnishings are gloomy, dated and tired, there are stains on the upholstery (not reassuring in times of Covid), a bedside lamp was hanging off its bracket, and the view of Conwy Castle can only be ‘enjoyed’ by peering through poky triangular windows. I was devastated that we ended up with this. The food in the restaurant was good but my stay was ruined.
I feel that we have been grossly short-changed – we were allocated the worst room within the category despite having booked the ‘luxury wine and dine package’ as well. What more does one have to do to get the room they actually paid for? My husband and I are in our 70s so it is not so easy to ‘write off’ these special moments as something we can easily repeat in the future. Our window of opportunity is no longer that big.
And to make things worse, I have emailed and phoned the hotel 3 times to explain my disappointment. I have had no response at all.

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank joydaviescaerdydd
Brid Collins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Quay Hotel & Spa.

I am sorry to hear you were left disappointed with your stay however, I do believe the team had dealt with the situation very satisfactorily on the day and had gone above and beyond to make your stay as good as it could have been under the unfortunate circumstances.

You expressed your dissapointment with the room allocated and unfortunately, we had no other rooms in that room type available.

You were shown another room which was larger in size but were made aware that the room did not have a balcony.

After inspection, you were happy with this change and we felt this matter was resolved.

Despite these unfortunate experiences, we hope that you will consider staying at the Quay Hotel & Spa again in the near future, so we may have another opportunity to provide to you a more memorable experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2020

Stayed at hotel last year for anniversary. Really nice hotel and location. So rebooked for this year. Week we were going received emails about what spar treatments.
The night before stay I contacted them to ask about check Inn times only to be told there not open. The person on the phone said they hadn't got round to emailing every one. He dint seem to care that I had not been informed. Really bad customer service for a hotel of this type

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mark t

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us at the Quay Hotel & Spa.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and unfortunately, due to the Welsh Governments 'circuit breaker', we had to close the hotel.

This is a very unfortunate and unusual period for us, and I sincerely hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future so that we can show you what we are capable of and restore your faith in our service.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

Loved the look and position of this hotel and was excited to book a night in a higher priced sea view room with a balcony through Booking.com at £204 for a special treat on 20/09. I called the hotel to check the spa arrangements and also check my room booking. Surprised to be told I’d been allocated a room without a balcony and was advised it would be raised with the manager… the hotel chose not to respond. I emailed my booking to the hotel to show both the advertised sea view and balcony… the hotel again chose not to respond. I called Booking.com, spoke to Drew who was very helpful, they advised that the hotel should honor the advertised extras and he emailed the hotel… the hotel chose not to respond to Booking.com either! Later Anna Marie at Booking.com was also really helpful and again called the hotel… the hotel did not answer the call from Booking.com! Anna Marie persisted (as we were close to the cancellation deadline) and she eventually spoke to Molly who advised that we could cancel if we didn’t like it! No attempt was made to resolve with an alternative or a reduction and Anna Marie said she felt the hotel response was unbelievable and so we agreed to cancel as we were not getting what we’d paid for. I was really disappointed and emailed the hotel through their own website to offer some feedback on my experience… disappointingly the hotel has again chosen not to respond! As several weeks have now past I wanted to share my experience… lets hope the hotel does the right thing and responds in a far more effective way.

Date of stay: September 2020
5  Thank HappyTravellerKS

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share this recent feedback.

I am sincerely sorry to hear of the inconvenience this had caused but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a room will have a balcony. This can only be made on request.

We were deeply saddened we could not accommodate you as unfortunately, we could not guarantee to you that the room would have a balcony.
As you mentioned, you chose to cancel the booking because we could not guarantee this,.

We have made contact with the third party agent to ensure the correct information is advertised.

We do hope we can welcome you in the future and please contact us directly to ensure we get the right room for your stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2020

We've not been away this year due to Covid so decided on a short 2 night break for our wedding anniversary/my birthday somewhere in the UK. The hotel looked lovely on line so we weren't disappointed when we arrived there, location is fantastic with great views. On arrival at the hotel we checked in with no issues and booked slots for breakfast having already booked a table for dinner that evening. Although requested a room on the 1st floor, our ground floor bedroom was excellent with a nice view of the harbour, small patio area outside too. Thought it might be noisy but we slept like a log, so quiet! We also managed to get in for a swim on both days, pool area was clean and warm, and very well organised. Dinner on the 1st night was good, food lovely and fresh. Breakfast service was well organised too, liked the pre-order form. Food was nice and hot, good coffee too!
The staff in the whole hotel, especially in the restaurant were friendly and very efficient. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: September 2020
Brid Collins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for the 5 star rating! and i am so pleased we managed to live up to your high expectations!

I am delighted you chose to spend this very special occasion with us and were not left disappointed.

Its great to hear you took full advantage of the facilities we had available to offer to you and overall, left satisfied with this and felt safe with the extra measures we have in place.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.