Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Lol.travel
Priceline
3,579 results
All reviews conwy castle cupcakes executive room the penthouse relaxation room sauna and steam room overlooking the marina leisure facilities modern hotel north wales lovely location the ground floor evening meal large bathroom fantastic views restaurant staff birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2020

Loved the look and position of this hotel and was excited to book a night in a higher priced sea view room with a balcony through Booking.com at £204 for a special treat on 20/09. I called the hotel to check the spa arrangements and also check my room booking. Surprised to be told I’d been allocated a room without a balcony and was advised it would be raised with the manager… the hotel chose not to respond. I emailed my booking to the hotel to show both the advertised sea view and balcony… the hotel again chose not to respond. I called Booking.com, spoke to Drew who was very helpful, they advised that the hotel should honor the advertised extras and he emailed the hotel… the hotel chose not to respond to Booking.com either! Later Anna Marie at Booking.com was also really helpful and again called the hotel… the hotel did not answer the call from Booking.com! Anna Marie persisted (as we were close to the cancellation deadline) and she eventually spoke to Molly who advised that we could cancel if we didn’t like it! No attempt was made to resolve with an alternative or a reduction and Anna Marie said she felt the hotel response was unbelievable and so we agreed to cancel as we were not getting what we’d paid for. I was really disappointed and emailed the hotel through their own website to offer some feedback on my experience… disappointingly the hotel has again chosen not to respond! As several weeks have now past I wanted to share my experience… lets hope the hotel does the right thing and responds in a far more effective way.

5  Thank HappyTravellerKS
Brid Collins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share this recent feedback.

I am sincerely sorry to hear of the inconvenience this had caused but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a room will have a balcony. This can only be made on request.

We were deeply saddened we could not accommodate you as unfortunately, we could not guarantee to you that the room would have a balcony.
As you mentioned, you chose to cancel the booking because we could not guarantee this,.

We have made contact with the third party agent to ensure the correct information is advertised.

We do hope we can welcome you in the future and please contact us directly to ensure we get the right room for your stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2020

We've not been away this year due to Covid so decided on a short 2 night break for our wedding anniversary/my birthday somewhere in the UK. The hotel looked lovely on line so we weren't disappointed when we arrived there, location is fantastic with great views. On arrival at the hotel we checked in with no issues and booked slots for breakfast having already booked a table for dinner that evening. Although requested a room on the 1st floor, our ground floor bedroom was excellent with a nice view of the harbour, small patio area outside too. Thought it might be noisy but we slept like a log, so quiet! We also managed to get in for a swim on both days, pool area was clean and warm, and very well organised. Dinner on the 1st night was good, food lovely and fresh. Breakfast service was well organised too, liked the pre-order form. Food was nice and hot, good coffee too!
The staff in the whole hotel, especially in the restaurant were friendly and very efficient. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: September 2020
Brid Collins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Quay Hotel & Spa.

Thank you for the 5 star rating! and i am so pleased we managed to live up to your high expectations!

I am delighted you chose to spend this very special occasion with us and were not left disappointed.

Its great to hear you took full advantage of the facilities we had available to offer to you and overall, left satisfied with this and felt safe with the extra measures we have in place.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2020

A return visit to The Quay was the final leg of our COVID staycation in N Wales and our fourth magnificent estuary view from a very good Executive King Size bedroom.
The Bar Staff were very helpful to order and assist with carrying two G&Ts to our room balcony which was very welcome in the afternoon sun as the Cove Bar was too busy to get a table with the socially distanced spacing.
We dined in the Ebb & Flow restaurant on our first night but were overall a bit disappointed. My wife's starter and Salmon Fillet main were very small portions but she did say the salmon was very tasty. My special coconut curry prawn starter was very good but the Superfood Salad was a bowl full of a glutinous mess, not of a similar standard. We dined elsewhere on our second night! Breakfast was good.
Good COVID measures were in place and well controlled, everybody seemed to be complying without any fuss.
Overall The Quay is a very good hotel in a prime location on the Conwy estuary with views to Conwy Castle.

Room tip: Estuary View rooms are preferred.
2  Thank Colin G

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel & Spa.

I am so pleased to hear you chose to stay with us for this well needed staycation break!

I am delighted to hear your room took advantage of the fabulous views that surround the hotel and the famous Conwy Estuary!

I am so pleased to hear the team at the hotel looked after you throughout your stay and enjoyed our tasty food in the Ebb & Flow Restaurant.

I appreciate you took notice of the extra measures we have put in place to keep everyone safe and felt assured because of this.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 29 September 2020

We ate there last weekend, and my wife and I probably had one of the best meals we've ever eaten in Wales. It's not cheap, but it's definitely worth it for the nice atmosphere and superb quality cuisine.

Recommended!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Brid Collins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share this amazing feedback!

I am so pleased to hear of the great time you had with us and I will pass on your comments to Chef Ian who will be delighted!

I hope we can welcome you again soon for another 'superb' visit!

Reviewed 28 September 2020

Our first visit and it won’t be our last. Comfortable with welcoming staff. We came for 3 nights, but would have liked to stay longer. The food was excellent and our room, 242 was cosy with comfortable beds and fab views from our balcony. Any request was quickly dealt with, by what appeared to be willing staff. COVID procedures were checked and sanitiser available everywhere. Looking forward to our next visit already.

Dear Guest

I am so pleased to hear of how well you were looked after by the team, who will always go out their way for all our guests!
And i am delighted to hear of how you got to take full advantage of the fabulous views that surround our hotel! They are truly breathtaking.

I appreciate the notice you took of the extra measures we have in place to make sure everyone is safe.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.