3,024 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suiterelaxation roomsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesmodern hoteloverlooking the marinanorth walesthe ground floorevening mealbirthday treatlarge bathroomrestaurant stafffirst classrelaxing breakfollowing morning
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Our suite was absolutely massive and probably worth the extra....evening meal 5 star...but very slow with the floating coffees....mixup with one of our parties disabled room that was given to someone else that caused a lot of extra haste after we had specifically asked for it...probably best hotel in area...breakfast also excellent...no health and safety issues for young kids...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

On arriving at Hotel, we where greeted like family, felt so Good, the whole ambionce of the staff are amazing, Sandra Pennington, is fabulous, so attentive, nothing is too much for her, brillant.Thank you.for our upgrade, and cup cakes, Sandra, so thoughtful of you.
We shall return numerous times This year, as we do, because, This Hotel is the Best.
The views, the walks, the food, the service, cleaness, everthing is perfect.

Room Tip: Try get room on estury side, Well worth the extra
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I’ve visited The Quay on many occasions, for holidays, weekends, Spa Days, meals in the restaurant and Afternoon Tea.
On our previous visit we thought the hotel was badly in need of refurbishment in both the bedrooms and the public areas (the chairs in the bar are threadbare). On our most recent visit we hoped to see an improvement, but everything was exactly the same, which was a pity.
We had Afternoon Tea on the terrace which was a disaster from start to finish.
When booking (4 weeks in advance) I was asked about food intolerances, I informed the member of staff of my requirements, but the serving staff were apparently not given this information, so I received an Afternoon Tea I couldn’t eat.
The waitress took it away and we had to wait 30 minutes for it to return. In the meantime our hot drinks were brought, we asked for tea which was served with no milk or sugar and the cappuccino was actually an Americano. When I asked the waitress for milk and sugar she tutted and rolled her eyes, she also argued that the Americano was a cappuccino, she didn’t know the difference between the two coffees. Eventually the problem was rectified but the drinks had been drunk by the time the food rearrived, so we asked for more, which arrived after The Afternoon Tea had been eaten and were both only luke warm!
There were no plates, cutlery or napkins provided with the food, so yet again I had to ask the waitress.
We were very underwhelmed with The Afternnon Tea, the sandwiches were freshly made, but the small pieces of Victoria sandwich cake were hard and stale, the meringues just had cream thrown on them and a quarter of a strawberry for decoration, the chocolate eclairs had very little filling and were dry.
We asked for a mocktail menu, the waitress told us they didn’t serve mocktails, I was amazed that they didn’t serve them. She gave us the cocktail menu and said to order a cocktail and the bar staff would make them just excluding the alcohol! I asked her to check with the bar that they didn’t have a Mocktail menu, she did and the bar assured her there was no menu. I have since found out that there is a menu.
To summarise, if I hadn’t had Afternoon Tea here in the past I would’ve thought this was standard at The Quay, but I know you can do so much better. I did mention the problems when we left but no one seemed to be in charge and basically no one cared.
The staff all need far better training, communication between reception and restaurant needs to be improved and the food provided for Afternoon Tea needs to be completely revamped.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank vacationgirl58
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Conwy is a gorgeous town which we happily visited for two days. Unfortunately we opted for this hotel decorated with total lack of taste, with very bad food in restaurant and breakfast. People allowed to smoke cigars under our bedroom window with the tremendous heat we were suffering no air conditioning and obliged to close our window because the manager could do nothing for us as he couldn’t ask his “guests” to move as we were not guests and needed to be treated with the same importance. That evening we had reserved a table overlooking Conwy Castle which was offered to me by the hotel on an e-mail. We reserved had their confirmation and when we arrived they sat us against a column with nothing to see but curtains. When I mentioned our reservation overlooking the castle the person in charge simply said he didn’t have this in the reserve so that was why he could offer!
We also had problems parking we had advised we would have a car and needed parking space which was also recognized by email, but once there as they always have weddings and events the parking is full and everything gets complicated.
The pillows were hard bed uncomfortable, we had pre payed otherwise we would of left. The hotel needs urgent renewal bathrooms are out of date and the whole place needs a decorators hand.
The only thing that saved our stay there was looking out of the window and admiring the ever changing scenery of the river and it’s tides and that way forget the sticky imitation leather sofa dirty moquete and hot room. That is why I give it one point, for the view. Beware if you decide to go and don’t have river view!!
The manager the only unfriendly person we met in Wales hope to never cross our roads again,

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SandraMay_16
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The staff are all extremely pleasant and the rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. The pool and sauna and steam room I used every day and I enjoyed relaxing after a hard days work.
Breakfast could be improved; bacon is over cooked every day and leathery which spoilt it. Breakfast staff I could not fault but I expected a little more choice such as omelette made to order and pancakes. I did request a hard poached egg one morning and was asked if I meant a boiled egg! I would have preferred porridge but it didn’t seem to be available. These are just little grumbles but this is supposed to be a decent quality hotel. Surprisingly it only had 4* hygiene rating so I didn’t risk the restaurant in the evenings.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
BridCollins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was delighted to hear that the staff were all extremely pleasant and your Room was comfortable and clean.

I was sorry to hear of your overcooked bacon, we would have gladly cooked fresh bacon if we had of known it was not to your liking. We are presently reviewing the Breakfast Menu. Our four star hygiene rating is still rated as good, unfortunately, at the time of the visit the Head Chef had taken some paperwork home to complete and it wasn't on the premises, thus the deduction of a star.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back where I feel certain you will find our services much improved.

Best Wishes