“Not sure I’d return ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: 01772643990
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I went with a few friends around Christmas time and after one of them had only ordered two drinks they refused to serve him anymore! I have been told they don’t like people getting drunk in there. It didn’t have the vibe a whetherspoons normally does and I don’t think it’s a good place for a night out drinking, maybe somewhere to go for 1 or 2 before going somewhere else. I went once before briefly during the day and it was alright, lovely outdoor seating area.

leylandlion, Manager at Leyland Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for the review, Christmas is one of our busiest times of year and I am sorry you think we are not a place for a night out drinking. As a responsible retailer of alcohol we have a policy not to serve anyone who is under the influence any more alcohol so this is possibly why your friend was refused service. I hope that your experience has not put you off completely and you may visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Not been here for a while but decided on our day of to go for breakfast the Leyland lion is a warm friendly pub but here's the but weatherspoons breakfast aren't as good as they used to be the quality seems to have gone down hill cheaper cuts cheaper sausage but overall visit the Leyland lion xx

leylandlion, Manager at Leyland Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks for the review and feedback, I am sorry to hear that you found your breakfast not upto our usual standard rest assured we have not changed any of our products and our sausages remain the same as they have always been, I do hope you come back again for breakfast soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

It’s your usual pub grub, can’t expect out amazing for price you pay but always good enough, tonight I had pizza, cannot complain was really nice, never had an issue on every occasion I’ve been here. Fab proces

leylandlion, Manager at Leyland Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I must admit I don’t usually visit weatherspoons and I most certainly never usually eat at them but I did this time and wasn’t disappointed. The food and service was good, making the all round visit pleasant. I must say I think with the decline of other Leyland pubs this was a great sight to see and the place hasn’t dropped its standards since I last visited a while ago. It is really clean, warm, friendly and value for money. For me there isn’t a better place to drink in Leyland now and I won’t be going anywhere else. I don’t want it to sound like an insult but it is a shame that other pubs can’t compete with the standards set by a chain pub brand. But they can’t and this place is great. Kudos.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

One of few places been where happy to take children as very friendly relaxed and good atmosphere. Prices excellent from English breakfast thru to dinner prices and fab collection of beers and draught beers. Free coffee refills and price for cappuccino only £1.20 and as many refills as you like, best value in Leyland. Highly recommend great food too and friendly helpful staff.

leylandlion, Manager at Leyland Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018