“Take a great sausage and whack it in the fryer! ”
Review of Yum Yums Cafe

Yum Yums Cafe
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Bexley
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food was good only cold, the sausage in my breakfast was however hot as it arrived, I did witness my food on the hot counter for a time, couldn’t have been hot enough unfortunately, my colleagues breakfast was good but unfortunately cold too, no sauces offered no top up on drinks offered as the food took a little longer than expected it would have been nice. Table service was non existent, no table check etc. Opportunity to get me another drink, maybe an area to improve on. Hope it wasn’t because we were wearing work clothes, maybe if I turned up in casual wear with the family I would have been treated better. Next time? Better cafes in better places I think. May give this a miss next time.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Once again, totally spoilt by all the staff at Yum Yum's. The meal was brilliant and service as always outstanding. We love coming to this Café and are always made to feel quite special.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I would avoid this place like the plague, booked an afternoon tea for 8 for 3/3/18 and all paid £5 deposit tried calling them on the 1st to ask to change the date because of the snow and couldn’t get through and it said closed on their fb to then be told on the 2nd we can’t change it tough luck we lose our deposit but if we want to pay again we can re book then because we left a review of being disgusted by their attitude they removed them and blocked us and now removed their closed notice ! They close but expect customers to risk roads that are sheets of ice and unsafe to drive on then have the nerve to offer £20 refund as they said the food had already been prepared the day before so much for our fresh cream teas

Date of visit: March 2018
Angie W, Owner at Yum Yums Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

We wish to thank you for spending your time on writing a review, of course its not common place that we receive a 1 star review. After looking closely at the situation and tally to staff it came to light that our facebook page was posted that we would be closed on Thursday from mid lunch time to avoid disappointment for customers travelling in the snow to the village.
We did in fact stay open as local residence didn't stop walking through the door (much to our pleasure) we had been taking phone calls all day for customers cancelling their lunch table bookings, so we were here for phone calls, facebook and emails. Your situation is a new problem for us and future slimming world customers as you know by attending group, some of the dishes require certain ingredients that we cannot purchase in the village.
Certain dishes require setting times i.e. Cheesecake for overnight setting due to the low fat ingredients to set and other cakes.
We host many afternoon teas including slimming world customers and our success rate is very good. We will not stand for any of our staff having a tough luck attitude, due to the adverse weather conditions we felt it was only fair we only charge for the ingredients we couldn't use. That's why as a good will gesture we only charged half of the deposit.
Thank you once again for your comments we are truly sorry your experience has not been a good one. We will highlight our cancellation terms & conditions to future customers.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

My friend suggested we have lunch here, she had been 3 times the previous week and said it was lovely.

I had 2 poached egg on toast which was cooked perfect. There was so much to choose on the menu that I could of tried a few different things but I was going out to eat in the evening so didn't want too much. I will be back to try other things on the menu.

The only thing I will say is that it isn't very big and it was full so you do feel like you are sitting on top of the next table and there isn't much room around you to move but apart from that it is a lovely place to eat.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve trawled TripAdvisor countless times to find a decent cafe that’s open on a Sunday. I’m ecstatic to say that I’ve now found this place. The big breakfast was absolutely spot on - all great quality, with a generous portion and cooked to perfection. This is definitely now my go to place.

Date of visit: January 2018