“Great food in a friendly atmosphere!”
Review of Il Cris Ristorante

Il Cris Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Lenno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Telephone: 0344-55131 Our hotel, Hotel La Perla in Tremezzo, recommended this restaurant as having a more local flavor. I was surprised that is wasn't already in Tripadvisor, but went based on their strong recommendation (Hotel La Perla is well reviewed...appropriately so...on TA. We spent two weeks in italy, and ate at many highly reviewed restaurants in Tuscany, Firenze, and Lake Como, and this was the best food we had anywhere. They clearly cater to locals and, as our hotel said, it is not a quiet spot. That said, it is filled with families and couples, and has a pleasant "buzz" about it...not a chaotic din. HIghly recommended!
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We have visited this part of Lake Como 4 times, having developed some excellent friendships over the years...we have just found a new friends in, Ivan Bordoli, owner of Il Cris, and his staff; Illana, Victoria, Elisa and Bernadette. Il Cris is a "local" ristorante...with a friendly atmosphere, great food and wine...it's comfortable...if you are having a difficult time choosing a meal from the extensive menu...ask Ivan for his suggestion: you can't go wrong. He is a genuine restauranteur -nothing is too hard to organise and his goal is to make you happy...just a pizza or one of his signature dishes! It's fantastic watching Ivan work the restaurant...greeting and chatting with all the guests...new friends or old regulars.If you are in the Sala Comancina, Ossucio, Lenno or Tremezzo area...you must visit Il Cris.

1  Thank George W

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I've been to Italy many times, I've travelled to Amalfi coast, Tuscany, Rome, Florence, Venice...awesome places..but nothing is comparable to gorgeous lake Como!!! I'm from San Francisco and I can define myself a Foodie, obsessed with food and always looking for the best. When I was visiting Lenno I ended up at this restaurant..I believe that destiny brought me there!!!! When we entered the place the charming owner welcomed us as we were bff..wow! The ambiance is warm, welcoming, simple but with style..a perfect place for every occasion: a date, a family dinner or a friends reunion. Now the food: as I said I'm a Foodie, picky and annoying but the owner helped me out and took with a smile all my crazy requests, FIRST TIME EVER IN ITALY!!!!!! We got 3 appetizers, a pasta dish, pizza and dessert...let me say that every bite was taking me high in the sky close to heaven!! There are no words that can describe the flavour, texture and presentation of those incredible dishes..I bet they use just organic and fresh products..I can picture the chef as an Italian Mozart who creates simphonys for the mouth with undubted geniality!!!! We have been around lake Como for a week..and every night we went to "il Cris", no matter how far we were!!! Please mr Ivan..come to San Francisco and open a Cris 2!!!!!

1  Thank AshelyGrey
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is quite simply the best ristorante in a 20 mile radius.
The owner is a maestro maitre di and his chefs second to none
Used Mainly by locals and people in the know that says it all, please go you will not be disappointed
Van Davies of old London town
Forza Milano

Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed at Bellagio and were very upset by the service provided in the area. So we travelled to Lenno and by chance found the restaurant "Il Cris". This is an ultimate place for locals with exceptional food and attitude. There is nothing special about the decorations but the staff and great food make the place! The owner is so helpful, welcoming and handsome that it is really a problem to leave this place!!!

1  Thank Katya K
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The concierge at our hotel (La Perla, in Tremezzo) suggested Cris when I asked for recommendations for local restaurants. She described it as having a lot of "energy" and a place that is frequented by local families and couples. She said that if we were looking for a quiet, romantic spot, this wouldn't necessarily be it. As we were with our three teenage kids, we thought it sounded perfect. It was. I think we were the only non-locals there, and while not fancy, the restaurant has a great feel and atmosphere. Most importantly, in more than two weeks throughout Tuscany, Florence, Cinque Terre and Lake Como, this was some of the best prepared food we had anywhere in Italy, regardless of price. It was clear that they care about the product. From the bread to the deserts, everything showed a lot of thought and care. It was also easily the best value we experienced on our trip.

Highly recommended.