“Very good typical food”

Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant Ermita is privileged enough to be located in the best part of the hotel with all windows having a direct view over the mountains. For lunch and dinner you will have the ability to choose between our daily menu, or the "A la carte" menu offering typical French and Catalane dishes, prepared with fresh products by a team of young chefs. An enjoyable moment can be shared in the restaurant that offers a rustic, cosy atmosphere with plenty of ambience. The hotel Ermita offers different packages including accommodation and meals catered to your needs. Just ask our friendly team for the various options. For the younger diners, high chairs, cushions and a children's menu are available.
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We went here because other restaurant we wanted to go was fully booked and this was a very nice surprise.
The staff was very nice and helpful. They got us a table with no reservation despite the restaurant was almost full but the highlights have to go to the food.
It was simply delicious. I had grilled lamb chops and my wife had duck with mushroom risotto. Both were amazing. We will definitely be back if we get the chance. The price was quite reasonable.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We were here for dinner. We chose the set menu which included a mushroom risotto, meat and dessert. Very good value for money. Food was freshly cooked. Restaurant is quiet with a lovely setting.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We've eaten here quite a few times and have been impressed by the combination of range, value and quality of the food available in this charming restaurant, situated within a hotel of the same name. It's often busy with people who are not residents but who make the journey to the village of Meritxell just to eat here. For our latest meal (dinner) at Restaurant L'Ermita, we went for the top price set menu for a very reasonable €29. For this we were able to choose from starters like foie gras or smoked salmon (see pictures). Mains included rib of beef (to share for 2), grilled sea bass or steak haché. Puddings included chocolate brownie, pear flan with ice cream or cheese. We drank recommended bottles of Spanish red and white wine at €15 each. We considered the whole meal excellent value. The service from the local couple who run the hotel/restaurant, and their hard-working staff, was faultless.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

We went to l’Ermita following Tripadvisor’s recommendations, all reviews were good…
We came here for lunch, and looking at the menu we decided to have the “jamon” and salmon for starter, but the waitress told us there was none because they just opened after some days of holidays! I must say, if half of your menu is not available, then wait and open then next day. We wondered if we stayed or we moved to another restaurant, but we were hungry and we stayed, wrong choice… finally we took the “foie gras” to start with and the “chuleton” (T-bone) as main course. I have to say that the foie gras was not ok, my wife had some stomach problems afterwards, and this only happens if the foie gras is not fresh (I can guarantee you because my wife is French and she can distinguish a fresh foie gras from one that is not). The meat was average, not bad, neither good.
Regrettably this one not the only issue we had during our meal. I ordered a good “Ribera del Duero” bottle to complement our lunch, I know this bottle and is a rather good wine, but this time it was too warm! It is a shame for such a restaurant to don’t even have a cellar to keep their wine at the right serving temperature…
To finish our calamitous meal, I ordered the plate of cheese, only to discover that some of them were outdated! When I asked the waitress about the name of the cheeses I was (trying) to eat I was told it was a “brie”, when I told her it couldn’t be, she went in to the kitchen to ask someone and told me back it was supposed to be a “reblochon”, but if it was a real reblochon, the taste indicated that it should be in the bin since a few days rather than on a plate.
Finally we paid our far too expensive bill for the meal we had and left without even having a coffee, just in case…

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great food and first class service. Good selection of of local and euro dishes freshly cooked in a lovely setting next to the Sanctuary at Meritxell. Good value for money. Delicious taste of Andorra.