Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$101
Hotels.comUS$101
Orbitz.comUS$101
CheapTicketsUS$101
eDreamsUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
All reviews small pond trout nice bathroom waterfall trail savegre hotel cloud forest two nights meals bird lodge possibilities quetzal feet vegetables lodging network trees
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2019

Granted, this is a relatively modest establishment - the wooden cabins are charming, but in need of a little bit of TLC. However, the staff at this Hotel were the warmest, friendliest, and most accommodating of any we had encountered during our time in Costa Rica (and that is quite an accolade given that everyone we met in Costa Rica was very warm and friendly), and they will bend themselves over backwards to accommodate you, and make your stay enjoyable. In particular I have to give high praise to Ami, who was delightful and a credit to the place. The coffee and the food was the best we had during our time in Costa Rica - the breakfasts were divine, and the dinners would not be out of place in a fine dining restaurant! Their chef is a genius. The grounds are beautiful, and the mountain scenery splendid. Be aware that the Hotel is located at the end of a long winding road that descends steeply down neck-breaking hairpin bends so, if you are driving, I would recommend arriving during daylight hours. There are a number of hiking trails in the area, of varying degrees of difficulty. I am not sure that there are enough activities to keep you occupied for more than a couple of days, but, if you are visiting Costa Rica, I would definitely recommend making San Gerardo de Dota a pit stop on your itinerary, and if you do, choosing Suenos Del Bosque.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Valentina S
Reviewed 12 April 2019

I went with my parents 2 weeks ago to this Hotel. Our experience was the best: the beautiful infrastructure, the amazing little lagoon, the good dishes at the restaurant, the hanging bridge, and the souvenirs shop. Also, the hotel provides an excelent customer service, we felt comfortable and absolutely satisfied.
One tip if you come to this Hotel: very close from the hotel (400 meters) there's an amazing river & waterfall: it's named Rio Saveegre. It is the cleanest river in Costa Rica :)

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 2 April 2019 via mobile

Directed to a dead end with a heavy bag! Had to find my own room.
Cabins freezing cold. No heating.
Shower so weak it’s hard to get wet.
Free WiFi never worked once.
No TV - some rooms for my colleagues did have one. Wire and bracket were there.
Resturant not open for dinner.
“Breakfast starts at 7am” is not true. Waited outside until 7:10 for them to even let me in the resturant. No apology or even acknowledgment.
Other than location and the lovely gardens, not much I can say was positive above this place.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sim0nPT
Reviewed 4 March 2019

This was my favourite accommodation in Costa Rica. Modern chalet style accommodation build in Austrian or Swiss style. Very clean and well appointed rooms. Good food and great location for birding.
Would stay again.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tripb0y2000
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I really loved this place. The nature is wonderful. The hotel has everything to have a great vacation. There are bridges, rivers, forest, places to walk, waterfalls, birds, boats many things to enjoy. I hope to go back soon.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple