“A wee suprise”
Review of Totara Lodge Motel

Totara Lodge Motel
Ranked #2 of 15 Levin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Doing a road trip 3am start and a ferry trip had me too tired to carry on wanted somewhere that was clean quiet and budget as only one night
That what we got have to say would recommend thanks for a good night

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Bo A, Owner at Totara Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank You for staying with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is a wonderful motel... We have stayed numerous times now, always beautifully clean and warm, and as it is away from the Main Street and railway it is very quiet. Wonderful thoughtful hosts, and everything you need plus some delightful little extras.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Bo A, Owner at Totara Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for your kind comments. It makes our efforts to provide the best of facilities and services worthwhile.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

It might look an old building but inside is sparkling clean, immaculate all round, nice new appliances and very comfortable. Being one block back from the main road it was very quiet, beds very comfortable and lots of thought given to little extra details. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Bo A, Owner at Totara Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you so much for your comment. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about the look of the outside of the building except keep it looking it's best.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I think I've been extremely lucky to stumble on this little gem. I do however really disagree with their three star rating, it should be five. The room I got was inmaculate and the shower was absolutely bliss. The hosts, well I find it hard to find words to describe them, the closest is absolutely amazing. They were friendly, helpful and very welcoming. This is my second stay and if I could afford it, I'd stay here once a week. Lovely place, quiet, COSY and very homey, easy location with exceptionally amazing hosts is how I'd sum this place up. Oh and I forgot to mention, they're even walking the dog for me while I go do the walking event I'm up here to do.! Now that's way beyond the call of duty if you ask me. I don't have enough thumbs to give it the thumbs up it deserves. Highly recommend this place as your first port of call if you're ever staying or passing through Levin.

Room Tip: Book in advance to get the choice of room best suited for you, it's a popular motel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Leesheridan
Bo A, Manager at Totara Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Thank you Lee for your lovely comments. We really enjoyed having you,and your dear little dog. Look forward to seeing you again.
Jane

Reviewed 4 March 2017

This would be the second time we've stayed at Totara Lodge Motel and both times my sister and I found the motel to be clean, spacious, light, well-equipped and peaceful. Bo & Jane were great hosts and made us feel very welcome. Would highly recommend their motel when passing through or staying for a while in Levin. A home away from home!

Stayed: February 2017
Bo A, Owner at Totara Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thank you for your kind comments. Our aim is to provide friendly and homely atmosphere.