Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$79
TravelocityUS$79
Orbitz.comUS$79
CheapTicketsUS$79
Destinia.comUS$82
TripadvisorUS$79
All reviews great view arenal volcano la fortuna costa rica junior suites infinity pool air conditioning minute drive pot holes overlooking the lake rental car san jose hidden gem off the beaten path wheel drive road views
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2020

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the La Fortuna region. The hotel is in a great spot on top of a hill overlooking the lake on one side and the volcano on the other. The room was spacious and clean. There's air conditioning, a TV, and a safe. The hotel's restaurant was okay, but nothing to write home about. The problem is that this hotel is really far out from everything else, such as restaurants, stores, etc. During the day it's not so much of a problem, you just have to drive a lot to get around, but for those who don't like to drive at night, it can be an issue. We wanted to have dinner at a restaurant in La Fortuna, and on the way back the roads were really something. If it wasn't so far away, I'd give this hotel a better rating, but the location is a big point.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

The property itself is very beautiful, and the view of the volcano can’t be beat. We lucked out and arrived when we had clear sunrise views of the volcano both mornings.

Otherwise our experience was quite underwhelming and even disappointing in some ways.

After check-in there was no offer to help us with our luggage and we had to lug our bags up a flight of stairs to get to our room. No one showed us to our room, they just gave us the key and pointed to the building.

The room itself was basic which we expected, but there were two overhead lights that we couldn’t for the life of us figure out how to turn off which led to a very poor sleep the first night. When we asked reception the next day they just said we had to fiddle with different light switches to eventually get them to turn off. No one volunteered to come help or look at it for us. Luckily we were able to get them off for the second night.

I had been looking forward to the restaurant due to its positive reviews but felt very underwhelmed by the selection. I was very relieved when we had the opportunity to eat in town the second night. Breakfast options were also few.

The location is remote by area standards and we had to pay quite a bit extra for tour pick ups and drop offs due to the location. We would choose to stay in town in the future.

We didn’t have a chance to enjoy the pool but it did look quite beautiful with panoramic views.

Unfortunately I can’t recommend this property despite the beautiful photos I was able to capture here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank heathermM2358BP
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

My husband and I have been trying to visit Costa Rica for a few years. When this hotel popped up as a suggested property in the area we were looking to visit, I jumped on it just because I couldn’t believe the price and what was being offered for it. So we booked it and I’m glad we did. This was definitely a magical experience. Costa Rica is easily the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen and this hotel definitely shows it off. The views of the Arenal volcano and the lake are just stunning. Every room comes with a view and the views from the restaurant and the pool are just as incredible. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Big thanks to Brian who arranged transportation and tours for everything we wanted to do and see. The restaurant on site was good and the bar was well stocked. The pool and jacuzzi were also very beautiful and we spent a lot of time there since we were lucky enough to have great weather. Some things to know before you go...

-this hotel really is off the beaten path and a good 30-40 minute drive from La Fortuna. Having a car would have been ideal. If possible, get a private transport from the airport to La Fortuna and pick up a rental car there. I really wish we would have done that, it would’ve made getting around so much easier.
-As wonderful as the property is, there’s so much to do and see in La Fortuna and having some variety in meals is desirable. After the third or fourth day there, we were tired of the same restaurant as they didn’t provide a ton of variety.
-The room is incredibly spacious and clean and the WiFi works well. However, as other people mentioned, it’s tile so you hear every noise and the beds are noisy. Comfortable, but noisy. If you’re a light sleeper like me, you’ll wake up a lot.

I would’ve loved it if the pool bar was actually a pool bar. It’s set up like one, but there was no server there, didn’t appear to have refrigeration or taps, so I guess it’s not functional. Definitely something we would’ve loved. I also would have loved a fitness center. I always work out while I’m on vacation, and the tours we took gave us some great cardio! But just a space with some weights, stretch/yoga area, maybe a couple of cardio machines really would have been appreciated and for me would’ve bumped the review to 5 stars. Overall, it’s a tremendous experience, the property, staff and rooms are lovely. If we ever go back to Costa Rica, I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank slmyers79
Reviewed 20 February 2020

Spectacularly located hotel with fantastic view on Arenal lake and Arenal volcano. Separate hotel houses, great and bright rooms as master suites, quiet, parking place just in front of the door, Small, but convenient swimming pool. Restaurant on the top, close to the reception, nice food, prices bit high, but still OK. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 31 January 2020

The room was very average. The bed was hard with a wood frame that made nose if made any slight movement. Anna at the front desk was very nice with good recommendations. We ate dinner, pasta and soup which were both good. Breakfast had nice choices of the typical and basic eggs,ect. Location is a bit out of the way for some activities.

Date of stay: January 2020