Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2016

We've been there two times and will come back for sure. Fully equiped cabinas with Kitchen, decent size fridge, AC in the bedroom, wifi, and a safe for your valuables. Wake up to the sounds of birds of all kinds and monkeys, have your coffee in hamacs on the front patio and then head out to the magnificent playa avellanas. There's a gate protecting the property so it feels very safe. Surfer friendly, Robert knows every spot around and will help you find the best surf. Isabel the owner takes care of this place very well and makes sure that everything works properly. She speaks Spanish, english and french. You are in the Guanacaste country side but only a 20 minutes drive to Tamarindo's lime light, restaurants and shopping options, the best of both world. For a few days or longer stay I recommend this place and If you ever need a car for your stay, ask Isabel, her brother rents some at a decent price. PuraVida!!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Please read to the end before renting there! I spent 2 weeks in Costa Rica. Totally loved my trip and experience minus the 24hrs I spent at Las Avellanas Villas. I had rented the place for 6 nights, stayed only one.

The first thing I noticed when I checked in the villa was the degree of dirtiness of the place. Many little things caught my attention such as a pile of dust/leafs/hair left in the middle of the living room, dirty windows, dusty kitchen counter, dead cricket in the shower... But the major thing was the dried out diarrhea on the toilet seat.

Not the best thing to come to when your on vacantions, although I can deal with a dirty place. What made me leave this place in a hurry was the insect infestation. There were ants and ant nests all over the villa. Small and wood ants all over the furnitures, floor and walls, including toilet paper, toilet, kitchen appliances...Giant grasshoppers and lezards have also been seen in the villa and the owner advised me to shake the pillows before going to be in case a scorpion was hidding in the pillow case.

The owners streched the fact that insects are everywhere and I would have the same issue in any other hotel.I quickly came to the opposite conclusion after asking many people staying in the same area who had not seen any of these species inside their rooms or villas.

Other small facts that everyone thinking about renting there should know: the beach is a 20 min walk away from the villas, A/C is not included in the price ($10 extra per night), BBQ is rusty and unserviceable, the villas are in the middle of no where and there is no lights on the street. It is really dark and dangerous to walk after darkness.

Final point, the owners are antipathetic, not open to accomodations and almost rude. Run away from there!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Jeennash
LasAvellanasVillas, Owner at Las Avellanas Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2016

Thank you Jeennash for your feedback,

we both know that you noticed the first night that Avellanas is a very quiet and natural place with not much "nightlife" around.
So first you told me that you actually want to stay in Tamarindo because Avellanas is too quiet for you and your friend.
I told you that we are in high season and I have to charge you the 3 nights if I don't find another guest...

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

They treated us badly without good manners or willing to help, it says walking distance to the beach but it's very far, they wanted to charge us for everything - not nice people don't stay there. The photos of Facebook are completely fake, it doesn't look like the photos at all. There is a nicer place and with a trail to the beach very near called Cabinas Las olas go there instead

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank najide

Reviewed 25 December 2015

If you are expecting resort accommodation this isn't it. We liked how close it was to several attractions and places to eat. We rented a car from owners and drove all around, like to Tamarindo and Santa Cruz. We had ants but only when I was careless and left out food. A little bug spray bought at the supermarket in Tamarindo took care of this. We like to mingle with the locals and we were able to do that more here. Although, there were Americans everywhere!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2015

We stayed here at the end of September, our plan was staying for 2 nights, but we only stayed one night -- the "villa" was in a very poor shape -- bad maintenance -- the toilet didn't even have the seat - there were ants all over place - it looked dirty - cheap linen & terry. I had even to shower with my flip-flops on because it seems that they haven't done a deep cleaning - i know is a very "cheap" option where to stay - like backpacker style - but come on they can do a better job in cleaning, and maintaining the place in a good looking.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank monicaa470
LasAvellanasVillas, Owner at Las Avellanas Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Hola Monica,

Thank you very much for your recommendations.
Now we have a new cleaning staff and quality control.
This change has already shown great results.