Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 December 2015

If you are expecting resort accommodation this isn't it. We liked how close it was to several attractions and places to eat. We rented a car from owners and drove all around, like to Tamarindo and Santa Cruz. We had ants but only when I was careless and left out food. A little bug spray bought at the supermarket in Tamarindo took care of this. We like to mingle with the locals and we were able to do that more here. Although, there were Americans everywhere!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2015

We stayed here at the end of September, our plan was staying for 2 nights, but we only stayed one night -- the "villa" was in a very poor shape -- bad maintenance -- the toilet didn't even have the seat - there were ants all over place - it looked dirty - cheap linen & terry. I had even to shower with my flip-flops on because it seems that they haven't done a deep cleaning - i know is a very "cheap" option where to stay - like backpacker style - but come on they can do a better job in cleaning, and maintaining the place in a good looking.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank monicaa470
LasAvellanasVillas, Owner at Las Avellanas Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Hola Monica,

Thank you very much for your recommendations.
Now we have a new cleaning staff and quality control.
This change has already shown great results.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

Isabel is easygoing and this place is simply gorgeous and so affordable! I felt in a nature sanctuary! Preferable to have your own car and good to be able to have a kitchen. I surfed everyday and loved coming back to this cozy spot.
I saw some of the other places but if you want to be amongst nature and some seclusion this is had place for you . 2 minute drive to the beach. Eat at the beach box and la ventana in negra for some epic organic food ( open in low season also)

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

So good to be welcomed by Isabel's wonderful hospitality once again! It's been 8 years since my last visit and it is more beautiful than the first time!! Waking up to howlers and huaracas never gets old!! Walking to the beach through the mangrove and estuary whether for a surf or just time on the beach :) resetting my circadian rhythm with the rising and setting sun was just what I needed! See you again soon!!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2014

We stayed there for one week. And I would recommend this place to everyone who likes some quite time in a modern home.

The villas are nicely set up. Kitchen with everything you need for cooking (a small supermarket just around the corner) and a small couch to read a book. There's a spacious seperate bedroom and also a big enough bathroom. Two terraces to eat or just hang out. The garden around the villas is beautiful and you can get fresh limes from the trees.

Alejandro the owner is very nice and can help with anything - transport etc.

If you surf there's e beautiful path threw the mangrove forrest and in about 15 minutes your at the beach.

Date of stay: December 2014