Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$115
PricelineUS$115
Expedia.comUS$115
eDreamsUS$115
TravelocityUS$115
StayForLongUS$118
All reviews surf lessons surfers costa monkeys beach playa beginners rocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

Loved our daily visits to Cabinas Las Olas for breakfast and dinner. The staff is AMAZING. Julio is such a great guy - he gave us some amazing recommendations for the area. We highly recommend a surf lesson with Julio. We will always visit when we come to Playa Avellanas to say hello to Julio. Also want to say that we loved our morning chats with Johnny who waited on us for breakfast. He is a great kid!
We have tried many breakfast restaurants but this is by far our favorite.
We found it because my husband stays here on his surfing trips. It is a perfect place to stay for surfing trips. The wooden walkway to the beach is amazing and quite enjoyable. Anyone who complains about it does not enjoy the outdoors.
The beach at the end of the walk is pure paradise! No crowds and beautiful sand and waves.
See you next hear Julio and Johnny.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Buzzyfogg
Reviewed 26 April 2019

Wow, beautiful place, If you want the Marriott, with everything plowed over and paved and fancy pools and all that crap, go to New York City. If you are looking for peace, relaxation, great food, drinks, awesome walk to the beach, monkeys in the trees and iguanas running around, with owls and all kinds of life, place in the jungle then this is it. Food is spectacular. Drinks are the best we have ever had. Josue' is a master waiter and bartender. Nobody can make a better Daiquiri, Pina Colada, or Mohito. All of the crew was super friendly and went out of their way to help us any way they could. Great surf instructors as well Than you too Juan. All speak english as well. Great little shop for all surfing needs, boards too.

Room tip: Can view them online
Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 11 April 2019

Rustic rooms, in the jungle. iguanas, monkey's and wild life abundant. Walkways to the beach are a bit of a hike, however the walk through the mangroves is magical and a perfect spot on the beach called Lola's is 10 minutes away. The main attraction being a 700 pound pig who digs the surf.
what really made the place shine were the people who work there. Ramone, Julio and the owner Roger were terrific hosts. Kind friendly and acommodating. To top it off, the food we had was sensational. Fresh tasty and well prepared. Thank you las olas.

Reviewed 31 March 2019

The staff is super friendly and chill. The porch hammocks are sweet, the walk to the beach is spectacular and the beach itself is perfect. If you are looking for a laid back relaxing spot, or a spot to surf, this is it. The Howler monkeys in the trees, huge iguanas roaming the grounds, and identified trees really add to the vibe.

Room tip: The walk to the beach on the boardwalk thru the mangrove is the best walk to the beach ever.
Reviewed 20 March 2019

I stayed here solo for the last 2 nights of my 12 day trip to Costa Rica and it was the PERFECT place for me to finish my trip! If your looking for a luxury hotel then this isn't for you but if your looking for an affordable, private, comfortable, safe place that is close to nature and a gorgeous beach, then Las Olas is for you. When I wasn't at the beach, I spent most of my time reading in my hammock and watching the wildlife. When I was there I saw lots of howler monkeys (including some adorable babies), iguanas, geckos, birds, and fruit bats. The property also has many big beautiful trees that provide shade over most of the cabinas even in the dry season. My cabina didn't have AC (by choice, I hate it) and even in the heat of the day it wasn't too bad with the doors and windows open thanks to the shade provided by the trees. The staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast and other meals served at their restaurant are delicious. Also some friends I made there took surf lessons through them and had wonderful things to say. Overall it was a wonderful stay, nothing fancy but I prefer it that way.

Room tip: I stayed in #5 but they are all the same really.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo