“LOVED IT”
other travellers have booked this property
View from Balcony Main Room
Gorgeous Swiming Pool
Gorgeous Swimming Pool
Dinning at the Village Center
Dinning at the Village Center
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
carolinak...
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Our vacation in St. Martin was just okay - not in our top 10 destinations.”
Reviewed 17 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

Apartment was clean, kitchen well-equipped, and there is a great ocean view. The owner was responsive to our inquiries, before, during and after our stay. Don't drink the tap water. It's okay to drink the tap water. After mixed reports on the water quality, we opted to purchase our drinking water. All TV broadcasts are in French; the TV input jack for our MP3 player was not working, so there was no music. Fortunately, there was good wi-fi and Netflix movie selections seemed better than at our home in the U.S. The bed is a queen and it is very, very firm (as in very firm). Availability of parking is a problem at this complex. I would not recommend it for the elderly or handicapped. Very aggressive driving habits on this island; narrow and pot-holed roadways. We feared for our rental car and definitely advise you to buckle up.

Liked best: Ocean view
Liked least: Availability of parking
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
kandjtrip...
Marinette, Wisconsin
“LOVED IT”
Reviewed 23 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Perfect for our needs. Just exactly as it was described and a wonderful experience. Comfortable, spacious (especially the bathroom) and well maintained.

Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 5 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Cleow2013
Barrington, Rhode Island
“The Good, The Bad and the Ugly”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This was our first experience renting a unit vs. going with a hotel or even time-share so in all fairness I think we were not very well prepared. The room was very well maintained in terms of furnishing and was very sparsely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the view felt like you were on a cruise ship upon entering the studio. As you got closer to the balcony you then saw the poorly maintened section of Orient Bay. All the seaweed on the beach…I couldn't believe how much seaweed was there. Since these were condos and not a hotel - nobody maintains the beach so it gets over-run with seaweed. Very disappointing for me as I had not been to Orient Bay for 11 years. The condo is actually in Cul-Du-Sac and not Orient Bay - which is not a problem, however the road to the condo was very bumpy and ill-maintained. The actual complex of Mont Vernon was also in need of some TLC and the lobby area that is now used as a parking garage in the back looks like some Zombies could be roaming around. We were really put off when we were going to meet the manager to get our keys for our unit. We were late and the phone number we were given we weren't able to contact her on to let her know that we had gotten lost trying to find the complex. We finally were able to stop at the laundry mat on site and they were able to ring the manager to meet us. We were 1/2 hour late and worried about getting the keys to our unit. Once we finally got into our unit, we felt much better about what we rented. Joanna has a very well-equiped unit with full range of items in the kitchen and towels etc. So here are some of our warnings: 1) be prepared to travel with toilet paper and bath soap etc as only 1 roll of toilet paper is provided regardless of how long you stay! It would have been nice if the unit supplied more than one roll as well as paper towels and a bar of soap! 2) get the manager's phone number, unit number on site as well as email address. We had some issues with the washing machine and the shade in the balcony not working properly and we had questions about where to throw out trash, how to figure out the stove etc. I emailed both the owner as well as the onsite manager and it was radio silence. To this day I never heard back from them in regards to any of our questions or issues. Thank god my husband was able to fix the balcony roller shade (rolling door) off the balcony. It got stuck and wouldn't come down at all and it was the only curtains we had for our room. This happened on day 2 and we stayed for 5 days.
This might have been a gated community in the past, not so any more… there are gates to the area - just nobody at them… anyone can come in. We did see secruity walking around the property as well as one security in the well-maintained pool section of the complex. There was really no concerns about safety at all in this complex so no need to sell it as a gated community.
I think overall it was an average experience, just not my cup of tea. I'd much rather stay in a hotel and get service (concierge to book restaurants and excursions, pool/beachside drink service, address any issues) than do it on my own. I would recommend this to travelers who are experienced with renting condos/apartments for vacations.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the view outside upon entering the unit
Liked least: the complex was very run down and the beach had too much sea weed
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
2OldSalts
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful unit at reasonable cost”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Once we finally arrived, we were delighted to find the renovated unit very clean and a absolutely beautiful view. The proximity to the beach was excellent and no bugs! Very quiet location with an enjoyable walk to Orient Beach. There were a number of other units being remodeled, but we didn't find this to be a noise factor or problem of any kind. Glad to see everyone is making improvements. Hopefully, the exterior of the common areas will be next.

Hard to find a somewhere away from the resort type environment with crowds, where you have peace, quiet AND oceanfront. Wouldn't hesitate to rent this unit again! Enjoy your stay, we did!

SECURITY: We were not out on the beach at night and so I can't elaborate about safety in the evenings along the beach. Safety at Mount Vernon was fabulous. Security was continually walking the parameter and located at the pool to maintain the amenities for "guest only".

GETTING AROUND MT VERNON: Walking in and around the premises does require traversing a number of stairs and hills. Anyone with ADA or special needs might reconsider their stay at Mount Vernon. For myself, recovering from knee surgery, I found myself to be slow, but no problem. Wonderful exercise.

PARKING: We opted for a locked space which saved us the hassle of trying to find a parking space every time we came and went. Well worth it. Fare warning: Driving on the island is like taking your life in your hands. Between the erratic local drivers and motorcycles, it is an experience I will not forget. Rental cars - we returned our jeep for a full enclosure car and were much more comfortable. No problems with security, although we did not leave anything in the car.

POOLS: The pools had been recently resurfaced with a liner product (not a hydrozo finish). However, they were very clean and the water was clear. Lounge decks were spacious with some shade. Lounge pads are needing to be changed; beginning slight mold buildup but for the most part they are fine. Being a private facility, nudity or topless bathers are evident. However, this is not a problem for most people. You are welcome either way.

FURNISHINGS: The bed and recliner chair were very comfortable, futon's I'm not a fan. The industrial style metal chairs intended for sitting and use with the patio table were extremely uncomfortable. We either found ourselves using the bed most of the time or when want to sit outside, used the futon pillows or towels for a cushion. Adding chair pads would reduce the ware on the white bedspread. Loved the full window wall opening.

KITCHEN: Absolutely wonderful. We did purchase a pitcher for beverages and making ice tea (which we left for the next guest) . We also found ourselves making ice cubes from bowls, etc. as there was only 1 very small ice cube tray. White coffee cups seem to stain easily from coffee and tea after setting an hour. There was no dish or hand soap in the unit and although I did buy some, it was not strong enough to get the stains out of the cups. I ended up using some of my travel size "Tide" which worked perfect.

AMMENITIES & ELECTRONICS: Fantastic Wi-Fi service and plenty of outlet adapters, in fact, I left one or two extras. The only problem I had was offsite attempting to make phone calls home from my cell. Yes, I had international service, but still seemed to have difficulty getting service. Transitioned to using texts back and forth, which worked great! AC worked perfectly.

SUGGESTIONS: It was necessary to lock the front door with a key in order to keep the door shut. If a flip over door latch were added to the front door, it wouldn't be necessary to lock the door every time with the key. Or, maybe a deadbolt with a twist lock on the inside.

REFUNDABLE CLEANING DEPOSIT: Checked out on December 14th with flying colors; Paul & Joanna noted on TripAdvisor that our Damage Deposit was being released for refund Dec. 25th. Today is Jan. 30th and we have not yet seen a refund on our credit card. Currently have an email in to TripAdvisor as to the status of our refund. I am confident this is a product of Trip Advisor processing delay and not a delay on the part of the Owner. If I have further problems obtaining my refund, I will make sure to post elsewhere on Trip Advisor. If this is a result of the Owner (which I doubt), I will follow up and update my experience here.

Hope you all enjoy your stay here at this wonderful location.

Liked best: Island Location & View
Liked least: Security Deposit Delay
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing