“Fine French Restaurant Masquerading as a Beach Bar”
Review of Waikiki - CLOSED

Waikiki
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2015

An food experience to satisfy the most discerning palate and only yards away from the crashing waves, this French restaurant serves some of the best food we have ever had. When in St. Maarten we go there at least 3 - 4 times, especially for the sumptuous gourmet lunch buffet which, at 18 euros per person, is one of the best dining values on the island. Lunch, sans buffet, is pricey especially with euros to dollar conversion. The margret du canard (duck) is fantastic but tops the financial charts at 32 euros. The french fries are so good you will never want to go back to McDonald's again. Sunday buffet is expensive at 38 euros per person but the quality and variety of food is incomparable. Lunch buffets during the week are the value here. A word of warning, however; Orient Beach is topless-acceptable so be wary if you bring children. The restaurant closes at 5 PM (menu) and the buffet closes at around 3:30 PM. The bar/restaurant opens at 9 AM. Definitely a destination restaurant that you should not miss!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Their buffet is a 10/10 nothing to say at all besides that the service was excellent, the food selection was on point... We are definitely going back and we recommend that restaurant to anyone who wants great food..

Reviewed 20 October 2015

Dropped in for lunch one weekday. We were offered a hot buffet or a specials menu and decide to go for the latter. I was advised that my choice of Sea Bream came as a filleted fish with rice. The reality was goujons of bream and no rice. My first thought was that I had the wrong order and I called the Server over - but no this was what I had ordered and the rice would be extra. It was actually beautifully cooked but not what I believed I had ordered.
I decided on a couple of scoops of vanilla Ice Cream to follow - it took over 30 minutes to finally arrive. When it came to paying my Credit card was taken away to the cashier. The server came back and demanded to see my passport which headed in the same direction - but this time with me in tow. There are better and cheaper restaurants on the island.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank Bearair52
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

I've been here many times and really enjoy the food, service and scenery. But t today we celebrated a birthday and it was a blast! They come out with dessert and a sparkling candle on it along with Stevie Wonders happy birthday song which is our favorite!! Great place to spend the entire day. Great selection of music

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Food, chairs, umbrellas, great service and fabulous beach. Go to the boutique or get a massage! What could be better?????

Date of visit: February 2015