4 people are viewing this hotel
US$477
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews beach bar restaurant fantastic beach croissants feel right at home moment you arrive every morning breakfast was included on premises favorite hotel restaurant staff saint martin view from the balcony room was spotless the entire hotel wonderful week beautiful hotel small supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

My stay at La Playa Orient Bay was absolutely fabulous! It’s a beautiful hotel with the most gorgeous beach that’s freshly combed every morning. Katy and the entire staff went out of their way to make it a most special birthday experience and we loved it!

The day I arrived, my room was filled with bougainvillea petals in every imaginable color and a chilled bottle of champagne. Very nice touch! Katy and staff suggested the most fabulous restaurants and coordinated the reservations for dinner and taxis seamlessly. They also arranged a massage in the comfort of my room.

My room (Room 301) had a gorgeous Caribbean view from the third floor. The bed was very comfortable. Like sleeping on a cloud. Even the bathrooms were lovely.

On the beach, the chair and umbrella service was perfect. The chairs were very comfortable and Nicholas tended to our every need. He made sure we always had our favorite food and drinks as we soaked up the sun. He’s a master at placing the umbrellas at the perfect angle. And as the day went by, he continued to adjust it to shade only what I wanted. There was always a gentle breeze to keep us cool and make some waves to play in. I could spend an entire year on that beach!

On my birthday, I returned to my room after a day on the beach to find more bougainvillea petals, champagne, and gifts from loved ones. It was such a lovely surprise coordinated by Katy and the wonderful hotel staff.

Absolutely love La Playa and didn’t want to leave. They treated us like family and we will definitely be back!

Room tip: Book directly with the hotel to ensure the best experience. Call or email Them and they will ensure your every need is met!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank laventurier18
Franck Tournus, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Good morning,

Thanks so muchn we appreciate very much your comments regarding your stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

La Playa is like a second home and you confirm it. it was a pleasure to take car of you and welcome you

Thank you and we look forward to host you again in our hotel.

Sincerely

La Playa Orient Bay

Reviewed 9 June 2021

Now for the details. I am a very picky traveler with exceedingly high expectations. EVERY aspect of my stay at La Playa, from check-in to check-out was incredible.
Check-in went seamlessly – the warm and welcoming staff at the front desk had everything prepared in advance of my arrival. They explained in detail the layout of the property, dining options and hours, beach and pool access, and nearby restaurants and activities. When they said "do not hesitate to ask for anything you need", they not only sincerely meant it, but followed through on the offer by immediately acting to satisfy any request throughout my stay. COVID safety measures were in place and followed by staff and guests.
The room was ready upon arrival - it was clean and modern with a fully stocked kitchenette, comfortable bed, great A/C, and a gorgeous view of the beach and sea. The grounds were meticulously maintained with beautiful flowering plants/trees at every turn.
Breakfast on the beach with your toes in the sand was a great way to start each day. The stretch of beach along Orient Bay is perfect for an after-breakfast walk. I spent most of my days relaxing on the beach; two comfortable padded lounge chairs and an umbrella were included. The beach servers were spectacular, they always came by to make sure you had everything you needed, even brining extra ice throughout the day to ensure bottles of water/wine remained chilled (awesome rose selection!). Lunch on the beach was fresh and delicious - I highly recommend the poke bowl! The water was clear, calm, and refreshing.
La Playa is steps away from Orient Village (excellent dinner options from casual to fine dining) and other restaurants/bars, grocery stores, and bakeries. Grand Case and Marigot were a short taxi ride away for shopping, sightseeing, entertainment, and other beaches. The hotel and the surrounding area always felt safe and secure.
The hotel even arranged on-site COVID testing poolside (or in the comfort of your room) which took all of 15 minutes. I was grateful that we didn't have to lose half of a day of our vacation taking a taxi to/from Marigot, waiting in line for testing and then waiting for results. It was also a fraction of the price.
Although I tried, I honestly cannot convey in words just how amazing my vacation at La Playa was. I have highly recommend it to family, friends, and colleagues, and cannot wait to return!

Date of stay: May 2021
Franck Tournus, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Good afternoon,

We appreciate very much your comments regarding your stay with us. i was so surprise when i read your comment and see that you had a beautiful time with us.

Thank so much again we love so much what we do that is so pleasant to read your message

Don't hesitate to contact us when you would like to come back
take care and stay safe to come back
Sincerely

La Playa Orient Bay

Reviewed 7 June 2021

We had a delightful experience staying at La Play in April 2021. The staff were all kind and incredibly helpful, but also friendly. We plan to stay there on our next trip as well. Our room was clean and had every amenity needed, including a small kitchenette. It was in walking distance of excellent restaurants and grocery stores. The pool was the perfect size for the small hotel. Their breakfast was delicious!

Date of stay: April 2021
Franck Tournus, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Good afternoon

We appreciate very much your comments regarding your stay with us.

Thank you and we look forward to host you again in our hotel.

don't hesitate when you would like to come back to contact us if you have any questions

best regards

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

We chose La Playa for lunch and a day at the beach during our stay on the Dutch side of St Maarten. The service was excellent, food delicious, and beach chairs were very comfortable! I would absolutely come back here again and recommend it to anyone.

Nudity warning: While we didn’t mind that Orient Bay is a semi-nude beach, we walked a little too far to the right and encountered quite a few fully naked sunbathers before turning back around.

Room tip: Parking was plentiful when we showed up around 10:30 am, but completely full when we left around 2:30.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KymW74
Franck Tournus, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

Good afternoon Kym

it wasa pleasure to welcome you

So glad that you spent a good time with us

don't hesitate to call us when you would like to come back

best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2021

What a wonderful experience we had at La Playa Orient Bay!! Of course the location is absolutely beautiful and, per the locals, on the best beach on the island. And the rooms were beautiful, with great air conditioning, stylish, with comfortable bedding, a cute hidden kitchenette with all necessary appliances to cook your own meals.
However, what made La Playa the best was the staff. We came to St Martin for my sister's birthday, and being that it was a decade birthday (I won't name which lol), my family and friends and I really wanted to make it an extra special experience. Not only did Katy, who runs the hotel, arrange for our rooms to be close, with special deals for our group, but I have never worked with someone so thoughtful and accommodating. She communicated with me via email prior to our trip multiple times with very quick response times, as well as many times in person and via email once we arrived. She helped to arrange for champagne, flowers, food, a massage certificate and a beautifully decorated room for my sister's birthday. My sister absolutely loved it, and it was definitely a lot to coordinate, but Katy made it seem effortless. She even had a pancake birthday breakfast with a candle for my sister as a surprise before we left on a boat trip for her birthday! We didn't even have to ask her to do anything like that, she is just incredibly thoughtful and kind. Additionally, both her and her husband helped us to set up some last minute dinner reservations at fabulous restaurants on the island after having recommended several excellent options.
The entire staff at La Playa was always courteous, kind, friendly and accommodating. This also includes the staff at the bar/restaurant and the beach. Nicolas provided us with exceptional service on the beach every single day, again, always with such courtesy and care. He was so attentive and thoughtful, always working to ensure our group had enough chairs and umbrellas and re-arranging them each time it was requested. He also went above and beyond to ensure we had a wonderful vacation and felt welcome. We had quite a few requests from our group in order to make the experience special, day in and day out, and they truly went above and beyond to make that happen, and always with smiling faces and kindness.
They are really incredible people, and I would never stay anywhere else. I highly, highly, highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the island who wants an incredibly warm and friendly experience. I cannot think of anything else they could have done to make this a more incredible experience. Truly, their hospitality is unmatched. We really appreciate everything they did for us and would welcome them to come and visit us in the US so that we may be able to return the hospitality!

1  Thank akpow1027
Franck Tournus, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Good afternoon,

i lost all my words when i read your feedback, i would like to say thank you from me my husband and all our staff, i spent nice moment with you, your friend and your family, it was a pleasure to welcome you and organise all you want with your family friend.

i hope you go back safe at home and hope the wetaher is not too bad (lol)

we really hope to welcome you in the soon future

take care , stay safe an healthy

see you soon