Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$361
Free cancellation until 31/07/21
US$362
Free cancellation until 31/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$362
US$302
Free cancellation until 26/07/21
Expedia.comUS$361
eDreamsUS$362
TravelocityUS$361
All reviews beach bar restaurant fantastic beach croissants feel right at home moment you arrive every morning breakfast was included on premises favorite hotel restaurant staff saint martin view from the balcony room was spotless the entire hotel wonderful week beautiful hotel small supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

We chose La Playa for lunch and a day at the beach during our stay on the Dutch side of St Maarten. The service was excellent, food delicious, and beach chairs were very comfortable! I would absolutely come back here again and recommend it to anyone.

Nudity warning: While we didn’t mind that Orient Bay is a semi-nude beach, we walked a little too far to the right and encountered quite a few fully naked sunbathers before turning back around.

Room tip: Parking was plentiful when we showed up around 10:30 am, but completely full when we left around 2:30.
2  Thank KymW74
Franck Tournus, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

Good afternoon Kym

it wasa pleasure to welcome you

So glad that you spent a good time with us

don't hesitate to call us when you would like to come back

Reviewed 27 May 2021

What a wonderful experience we had at La Playa Orient Bay!! Of course the location is absolutely beautiful and, per the locals, on the best beach on the island. And the rooms were beautiful, with great air conditioning, stylish, with comfortable bedding, a cute hidden kitchenette with all necessary appliances to cook your own meals.
However, what made La Playa the best was the staff. We came to St Martin for my sister's birthday, and being that it was a decade birthday (I won't name which lol), my family and friends and I really wanted to make it an extra special experience. Not only did Katy, who runs the hotel, arrange for our rooms to be close, with special deals for our group, but I have never worked with someone so thoughtful and accommodating. She communicated with me via email prior to our trip multiple times with very quick response times, as well as many times in person and via email once we arrived. She helped to arrange for champagne, flowers, food, a massage certificate and a beautifully decorated room for my sister's birthday. My sister absolutely loved it, and it was definitely a lot to coordinate, but Katy made it seem effortless. She even had a pancake birthday breakfast with a candle for my sister as a surprise before we left on a boat trip for her birthday! We didn't even have to ask her to do anything like that, she is just incredibly thoughtful and kind. Additionally, both her and her husband helped us to set up some last minute dinner reservations at fabulous restaurants on the island after having recommended several excellent options.
The entire staff at La Playa was always courteous, kind, friendly and accommodating. This also includes the staff at the bar/restaurant and the beach. Nicolas provided us with exceptional service on the beach every single day, again, always with such courtesy and care. He was so attentive and thoughtful, always working to ensure our group had enough chairs and umbrellas and re-arranging them each time it was requested. He also went above and beyond to ensure we had a wonderful vacation and felt welcome. We had quite a few requests from our group in order to make the experience special, day in and day out, and they truly went above and beyond to make that happen, and always with smiling faces and kindness.
They are really incredible people, and I would never stay anywhere else. I highly, highly, highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the island who wants an incredibly warm and friendly experience. I cannot think of anything else they could have done to make this a more incredible experience. Truly, their hospitality is unmatched. We really appreciate everything they did for us and would welcome them to come and visit us in the US so that we may be able to return the hospitality!

1  Thank akpow1027
Franck Tournus, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Good afternoon,

i lost all my words when i read your feedback, i would like to say thank you from me my husband and all our staff, i spent nice moment with you, your friend and your family, it was a pleasure to welcome you and organise all you want with your family friend.

i hope you go back safe at home and hope the wetaher is not too bad (lol)

we really hope to welcome you in the soon future

take care , stay safe an healthy

see you soon

La Playa Team and Katy

Reviewed 24 May 2021

This place will not disappoint you ! From the minute we arrived till the last second at Laplaya oriental beach we felt at home! Katy and her crew made us feel welcome, relaxed and taken care of. They thought of everything : from a welcome drink to a promptly scheduled nurse appointment who takes care of the covid test right at the pool. You get a delicious breakfast on the beach, there’s plenty of choices to pick from and their bar is right there for an early tropical drink! We had lunch right at our beach chairs, you can also sit at the table under the tent if that’s what you prefer. Their lunch menu is incredible , sushi / sashimi is out of this world with fresh fish / shrimp etc
There are a bunch of places to have lunch / drink nearby if you feel like it .
At night there’s a lots of restaurants in a piazza /
“village “, walkable distance ( 2 min)
We had a great time
Thank you again Katy( your vibrant personality and sense of humor made our experience unforgettable!) Elena , Nicholas, Jeffrey , thank you Guys for working so hard and make it look so easy !
We are definitely coming back !
XO

Good morning Larissa,

Thanks so much for your feedback in your stay. it was a pleasure to welcome you and share some funny moment with you.
I won't hesitate to share your comments with all our team.
We hope to welcome you very soon and don't hesitate to contact us when you would like to come back if you have any questions

Take care and Stay safe

Reviewed 13 May 2021

We had the best time during our stay at La Playa! They had our room ready as soon as we arrived (1pm). The staff was incredible- helped book a sailing trip, got the nurse to come give us our coronavirus test by the pool, and we easily were able to extend our stay an additional night. I loved the walk to the beach and found the landscape beautiful.

The beach itself was such a pleasure. We had a delicious breakfast looking at the ocean every morning. We even had lunch on the beach a couple of times and it did not disappoint.

There are a lot of vendors that come by to offer you massages, jewelry, and clothing. We had already had a massage and bought jewelry within the first two days of our trip so it became a bit hard to relax ourselves when we had to constantly turn down services.

It’s across the street from a multitude of amazing restaurants so we never really had to go far to get a great meal.

Overall, I had an amazing stay and I would absolutely recommend this place!!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Directeur LA PLAYA, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2021

Good afternoon

thanks so much for your kind feedback.

it's a always a pleasure and be sure that we will share it with all our team

we hope to welcome you very soon

take care

Reviewed 5 May 2021

My husband and I decided last minute to go on a trip. We could not have chosen a better spot to re-boost ourselves after a year of Covid! We have all been affected by it, so I won't go on! The location and rooms were very nice! The location of the hotel is great as it is within walking distance to lots of bars and restaurants. The island is not super busy, as the island has been affected by the times (covid) and therefore has less tourists. If you are worried about how to get a test, before returning to the USA leave the island, Katy , the manager, made it very easy for us . She arranged for a nurse to comes to the hotel and for $40/person, you get your test and results within 30 minutes.

The Rooms are redone and very clean with beautiful floors, the bed is comfortable, and I loved their mini kitchen (great efficient design). We were on the second floor with a balcony, overlooking the ocean. Great A/C and there is even a TV in the room. The view is not straight onto the water, as the hotel is placed a bit on an angle, but we could still see it plenty well! The restaurant and chairs are right on the beach, and it's a 2 minute walk from the room to a great spot! I recommend having breakfast there in the morning! The staff at this hotel added to the fabulous week. I felt like I was visiting family! Kathy, the manager, goes above and beyond, helping us with dinner plans etc! Nina had just started and she was super sweet and helpful as well. The restaurant/beach staff are great! Chris, Alexandra, Guy Pierre, Nicolas and the bartender are there all day and working very hard to make sure everyone is happy! Thank you very much!

Room tip: 2nd or 3 rd floor. Choose the lower floor if you don't want to walk upstairs.
Date of stay: May 2021
Directeur LA PLAYA, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2021

Thanks so much for your very king feedback. it's always a pleasure to receive it and to share with all our staff.

don't hesitate to contact us when you would like to come back. take care stay safe and see you soon

all the best