Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$319
View deal
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 22/06/21
Expedia.comUS$273
eDreamsUS$319
FindHotelUS$372
All reviews beach bar restaurant fantastic beach croissants feel right at home moment you arrive every morning breakfast was included on premises favorite hotel restaurant staff saint martin view from the balcony room was spotless the entire hotel wonderful week beautiful hotel small supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

This was my first time at La Playa (for my birthday) and I have to say, from the time we arrived until the day we left everything was perfect!! Katy was amazing as was the entire staff…I cannot say enough nice things about them all. From the receptionists and the office staff to the bar tenders, servers, and beach attendants, they were all amazingly friendly and helpful. Honestly, this was the best staff I have ever encountered in my entire life.

The rooms were amazing as well. The AC was cold and the view was so relaxing from our balcony. The kitchen area was amazing with anything you could need to have a meal in your room if you wished. The shower had amazing water pressure and was roomy. The beds were very comfortable and I slept really well there.

The on-site restaurant and bar staff were absolutely amazing and the food was ALL delicious. We never had a meal that wasn’t perfect and that wasn’t cooked to perfection. Do yourself a favor and get a burger and a poke bowl there. Breakfast is included with the room and the breakfast does not disappoint!! We never felt the need to grab breakfast or lunch anywhere else if we were not out exploring. When we wanted to relax on the beach, the beach attendants were great guys and took really good care of us.

Since we had to get COVID-19 tests to enter St. Martin and to return home and Katy arranged for a nurse to come out to the resort and do our tests there to return home. As I said, she went above and beyond and we really appreciated all she did for us.

I highly recommend La Playa to anyone who is looking for the perfect place to stay in St. Martin. This was my best birthday so far and the staff definitely helped make it one I will always remember by sharing my cake with us, including one staff member who shared my birthday! We will definitely be staying at La Playa again as soon as we can! Thank you to them all for making it such an wonderful vacation.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Directeur LA PLAYA, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

Good afternoon Michael

Thanks so much for all your compliments, it was a pleasure to share those moment and thanks so much because your comment was writing on the 03rd of may and it was my birthday so very nice.

don't hesitate to contact us when you would like to come back if you have any questions

all the best

Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

What a nice place! We are a family with 4 teenager boys and we really liked it here. Nice beach club, renovated very clean rooms and a good restaurant. All personnel is really looking after you to have a great time.
The best for us was the great kite surf location. The hotel is on the beach and we had great 15 knots on shore winds. The kite school is nice as well.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Directeur LA PLAYA, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Bonjour

thanks so much for your feedback, it was a pleasure to welcome you. don't hesitate to contact me when you would like to come back

bestr egards

Reviewed 26 April 2021

La Playa Orient Bay definitely ranks up there as one of my favorites - if not THE favorite hotel of any I've stayed in. Visually - it's near perfect. It occupies a wonderful location right on the beach and is accented by beautiful landscaping that follows you from your room to the beach. Palms, flowing shrubs and grasses give it a truly tropical feel. The room was spacious, airy, and modern and very well thought out with a clever kitchenette and refrigerator built right in. The mattress and furniture were very comfortable and the view from the balcony was amazing (if you can, splurge for a second or third floor room). The facilities were also top-notch - from the lobby and pool all the way through to the bar and restaurant (with it's amazing food) right on the beach overlooking the turquoise waters of Orient Bay.

And while all this seems great enough, what really puts La Playa above and beyond is the service. Katy, the manager, could not have been more accommodating and helpful from our initial emails to book the room through check-out. Chris and the staff in the restaurant were fantastic, Nicholas on the beach seemed to anticipate what we'd need before we even asked and GP's cocktails and sense of humor can't be beat. Every staff member (I wish I could name all of them here!!) seemed to go above and beyond and it's what transformed what otherwise was a really nice hotel to one in a class of its own!!

Date of stay: April 2021
Directeur LA PLAYA, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

Good afternoon Thomas

Thanks so much for your feedback. it was a pleasure to welcome you and your friend in La Playa. you and all the team are very friendly and so kind.

I hope you had a nice trip to go home. don't hesitate to contact me again when you would like to come back

take care and see you soon

best regards

Katy and Franck

Reviewed 22 April 2021

La Playa is one of my FAVORITE hotels located on the French side of the island. The grounds are beautiful and lush with greenery. The rooms have gorgeous views and are chicly decorated along w/ being super functional with kitchenettes should you need them. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom has the best lighting!

La Playa Bar & Restaurant, situated on the beach, serves amazing drinks, delicious sushi, & creative daily specials. They also serve breakfast right on the beach if that's your preference. The vibe is cool and they music is good. Laurent and his team are always cheerful and remember your name when saying hello.

Lastly, the staff is absolutely wonderful from the moment you arrive and the manager, Katy is always accessible and will make you feel right at home. I've just had my third stay and cannot wait to get back!

Date of stay: March 2021
Directeur LA PLAYA, Directeur général at La Playa Orient Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2021

We can not wait to welcome you, it 's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. i hope that you had a good flight to go home

see you soon

all the best

Reviewed 20 April 2021 via mobile

My wife I wanted to do something special after getting vaccinated. We chose Orient Bay on the Island of St Martin. We chose La Playa because the rooms are right at the beach. Bar and restaurant are on the beach. The room are great modern and clean. Check in and out are very easy. Jiaro and Kathy at the front desk are awesome. Very friendly, helpful and excellent english. GP is a great bartender. the food was excellent at the restaurant. Nice breakfast on the beach every morning. Nicholas does great job taking care of you while using the chairs on beach. He will bring food drinks and anything else you need to you. Dinner at the restaurants at the square every evening.
The weather was great mid 80s with a light breeze.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good afternoon

Thanks so much for your feedback.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you and we look forward to host you again in our hotel.

We really hope to welcome you very soon

don't hesitate to contact me when you would like to come back if you have any questions

take care