“Lovely lunch”

The Fireplace
Ranked #9 of 15 Restaurants in Kumeu
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Dined here for lunch with a large family group and was very happy with the service and food. Menu has plenty of options for young and old. Service was quick and staff were polite. Prices were very reasonable. Lives up to its name for a cozy place to spend a wintery day.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Usually we love the fireplace, it's warm and never too busy. My partner and I were celebrating so picked this place as it's local. I called to book a table by the fire but was told it was already reserved, no one sat there the entire time until we were about to leave. The service is always slow here but this night it was appalling & we were not the only ones complaining. No one ever asks if your drinks need replenishing, the steak meal was $36 and not worth it, very expensive for what we got (however their chips are always delicious and my chicken burger was yum!) $13 for a hot chocolate with Baileys in it?? I did write to management regarding my concerns, I did get an apology but sadly we will look elsewhere in Kumeu.

2  Thank WinesieTime
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Had an hour to wait so visited the Fireplace for early lunch and to warm up! Good menu choices ! Sat next to the fire and chose seafood chowder to warm me up ! Was delish ! Full of seafood with 2 pieces of ciabatta..... had a coffee to finish . Left feeling full and warm .. lovely staff
Great ambience warm and welcoming ! What more could I ask for ?

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We went to the restaurant to celebrate Valentines dinner but were not impressed. It took 10 min and 2 reminders before one of the girls came to take the order. Food arrived late and the quality and quantity was not up to the mark. Overall no value for money spent. Never going back

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Tried The Fireplace for Lunch as they had a $12.99 Lunch special. I had the Fish and Chips RRP$20 glass of wine and I think it was all up $18 for Lunch. Fish was beautifully cooked, staff were friendly, It wasn't busy which is a shame for them but it was nice and quiet. Was so impressed went back again a fortnight later. Will be back again. :)