All reviews the managers dive resort great diving nice sea view sunset view clown fish sound of the waves swimming pool snorkeling trip star fish short swim nice clean rooms other guests read a book during high tide soft and hard corals clear water
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I just came back from the the resort which was in all respect beyond my expectations. They arranged my transport from Manado Airport to the resort at a reasonable price; nice welcome; very clean room with air conditioning; nice food - all inclusive of the stay; twice daily diving/snorkeling tour at very reasonable price; equipment rental; camera room for camera maintenance; and most of all, great friendly helpful staff.
I really would like to thank you all for your help and definitely would come back.

One tiny drawback - mobile network and wifi are not stable. Would love to see an upgrade.

Room Tip: All the rooms are facing the beach
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Bastianos1, Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Hey Toru!

Thanks a lot for leaving us this excellent rating on TripAdvisor. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and the daily snorkeling trips with us!
We would like to welcome you again so that next time we can even introduce you to the magic world of scuba diving. Have a safe journey back "home" to Jakarta!

Take care & cheers,

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very well located for diving on Bunaken islands not the middle of the best dive sites very close by and basically for diving. It's not a 5 star hotel but has all the comforts like A/c, hot and cold *fresh* water, restaurant, pool, small spa etc. At the end of the day it's a welcome comfort. The staff are very courteous and nice and go out of the way to help. Food is ok. Nothing exceptional but good. Probably all thanks and due to the super management of Max and Romi who not only are a great manager pair but great divers too. Credit to them and the diving staff too who were absolutely outstanding whether spotting or guiding or serving on the boat. Super place to visit to dive.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Bastianos1, Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Hi Harsh!

First of all thanks for your nice review! It was such great fun to have you here and Rhomé and myself we are happy that you enjoyed your dives so much. We are working hard to constantly improve all our services.
We hope to welcome you again soon with all your diver friends from your dive club - I know already that would be a lot of fun underwater as well as at our little beach bar :-)

See you soon, take care & cheers,

Reviewed 9 September 2016

I spent now the 4. time at Bastianos over a periode of 11 years and changes are obvious. Bastianos Bunaken is a top place for relaxed snorkling and diving. Located right next to the beach and a nice coral reef it's at any time possible to enjoy the great underwater world of Bunaken. Bad luck, the local people of the region don't see the tresure of the great nature they have on their front door. The amount of plastic drifting in the sea is rising and quick business with hundreds of chinese "Snorklers" stepping on coral in the shallow water seems more important than protecting a fragile nature and at the same time a long lasting business. The resort made good improvements because of the condition of rooms and bungalows. Since there is not much to do in the evening, they could do more for the offers in their bar. Bintang beer is not great but alternatives like a Gin-Tonic without Gin or a Tequila Sunrise with Orange- syrup is more than poor and no improvement when I came first time 11 years ago. In oposit to this standard the improvment of prices were more significant. I hope the Management will lift the standard at the Bar in the same way they did to the rooms. Also I hope they sensetize the local government to protect the place and reactivate the National Park. At the moment a great place with amazing diversitiy worth to visit and a great team at Bastianos will take care of you to give you a pleasent time. Not sure how long it will be like this.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Bastianos1, Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Hi Jan,

Thanks a lot for your detailed review. We appreciate feedback at all times to improve our facilities as well as the services we provide.
It was great fun having you here and I really enjoyed listening to your stories how Bunaken and Bastianos have changed over the years.
Rhomé and myself as the managers together with our team of diveguides, boatmen, crew & co. we see it as our personal quest to do as much as we can to preserve this paradisiac island. I personally believe it can only be done together as a strong team. We are trying to raise awareness of the local people that they need to protect what they have before it is too late. This is a common problem within Asia but I am positive that a lot can be achieved.
I want to apologize that our little beach bar did not always have in stock what you were craving for - it is honestly sometimes quite difficult to get even the simplest things like Gin as we are on such a remote island.
Last but not least I want to say thank you again that you did choose Bastianos so many times over the years and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We booked through Agoda and had an issue with the booking that was quickly rectified. Really enjoyed the food.
The views, especially sunset are fantastic.
And, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Also, they were very kind to my son and seemed to enjoy playing with him....
We were only there two days, but they were good days!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Bastianos1, Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Hey Jeff!

Terima kasih & thanks for choosing us for your short escape. We are very glad you enjoyed staying here with your family :-)
Be safe and see you again!

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

The resort is very nice and the staff really warmful. Food is always good. I would suggest to add some local food randomly.
The "key" point in Bunaken is the diving that is awesome! Reef is in pristine conditions and dive guides are very clever in founding and showing to guests all the underwater creatures. Diving activities are very well organized.

organized

Divin

Stayed: August 2016
Bastianos1, Manager at Bastianos Bunaken Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Hey,

First things first: thanks a lot for staying with us and leaving us all those nice words!
We are very glad you enjoyed the underwater world of Bunaken so much and that you were satisfied with all the tiny creatures our guides spotted for you!
I will speak with kitchen chef and try to convince him to be a little more bold and cook some more local style food - local cuisine from Manado & Bunaken can be very spicy that's why sometimes they hesitate to cook it although it is very very tasty :)

Hope to see you again, take care!