See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Stayed in the resort for a night and dived. Accommodation was ok - a little worn but not too bad.
My partner and I booked in for a dive. The equipment was very poor - My LPI hose connector was leaking constantly prior to entering meaning a far from full tank - the replacement was also far from full! My partners equipment also leaked from then tank itself - both of these things needed prompting to be corrected prior to entering the water. We are both inexperienced divers and did not feel 100% safe, on previous dives we felt much more comfortable. The dive site chosen was also very very busy.
Would recommend seeking a dive elsehwere as others seemed to have had a better experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

WARNING : dive at your own risk with them...

We decided to dive with Immanuel Divers aka Daniel's Resort when we arrived in Bunaken, standard prices, close to the village, easy for us.
Once we were on the boat and did our predive safety checks, the dive guide "Divemaster" jumped out of the boat with an empty air tank... Fortunately for us, the dive went alright except a leak on my buddy's LPI hose connector with BCD, which wasn't a great deal as we inflated manually when ascending.
The other group of divers on the boat reported an unexpected 45m dive (!) completely jeering at the 20-22m depth planned during their briefing ! As a consequence of this crazy descend, even if it was an accident or for emergency, no emergency decompression stop for 15 minutes was made ! No oxygen on the boat in case of DCS/DCI..
I double checked for the tanks on the boat, not all of them have been set for revision : no stamps printed on them.
When we came back, I wanted my logbook to be signed (he said he was Divemaster), I searched for it on PADI's pro-check, the guy gave me an Instructor's number and therefore wasn't his !

Please avoid this place, dangerous methods, bad equipment, unskilled staff, and manager even asks for extra payment after diving/snorkeling trips !

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank rdasset
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Well... There really isn't anything good I could say about this place... :(

I arrived there very late and to be honest got there a bit by chance. I just really didn't want to stay for the night in Manado and get to the island. So I've managed to get a late boat ride on one of the fishing boats and the man just dropped me off at Daniel's.

Initially I thought it wasn't so bad. The manager that welcomed me was ok and friendly. I had a dinner and the room was nothing special, but ok. I'm not really fussy. Also it was meant to be a budget accommodation, so really you can't expect fireworks.

I was asked the first night if I'd be interested in diving, and since most of my trip was about diving I was happy to find out they have their own Diving Shop there. The next morning I met my guide who seemed to be really super young chap and didn't seem to be very experienced. I asked him if he was a Dive Master and he replied with a weird smile that he was. Well, I didn't think so!

Then I started trying out the equipment. Everything was in a really bad condition. The wetsuite was ripped apart, the shoes were literally falling apart, BCD damaged and the connectors rusty/covered with limestone or something. It really didn't look good. Do I really want to get in trouble when on 25m depth? I refused to dive with them. I felt really disappointed as it meant I'm loosing 1 day of diving.

Fortunately I've found Two Fish Dive Centre nearby, so at least I've managed to catch 1 afternoon dive that day. I've also booked another 2 dives with them for the following morning.

The next morning when I was having breakfast I was approached by another manager of Daniel's Homestay. He was really quite rude and unpleasant right from the start. He asked me if I'm diving. I said yes, but with another dive centre. Then he went sort of mad, screaming at me then if I don't dive with them then I can't stay in that place. I tried to explain that I really tried, but all the equipment they have is in a really bad condition and I have no intention to rick my life. He was yelling at me that I have to get out of the place. Eventually I lost my patience and told him that now I'm going to dive with another Dive Centre and obviously I don't want to stay in that place, so once I'm back I'll pack my stuff and get out. As I finished my breakfast I stood up I headed towards my room. He just screamed at me that I will not have any lunch in there either! Wow! I think in my whole 6 weeks in Indonesia I got to believe that Indonesian people are the nicest people on the planet, but my faith got slightly shaken here. Fortunately I didn't change my opinion. This was just a weird exception.

To be honest I couldn't really get the point what the problem was about. At the end of the day they could be making money on the rooms if not on diving. It really wasn't my fault the equipment was in such a bad state. But it seems the management is really trying hard to put people off this place!

It's a shame. I think the island has a lot to offer and the diving there can be spectacular, but I was quite upset after what happened that I decided to move on and go somewhere else. Might need to come back to Bunaken one day, but definitely to another home stay.

Whoever is the owner, I'd suggest getting a new managing staff to run the place! When properly managed, it could be a nice place.
For now: AVOID THIS PLACE!

Room tip: Go to another home stay. This place is horrific!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The homestay and bungalows are a great value for your money.
The downside is that the food is less than average, but if you're on a tight rope budget-wise it's a good place to be in.
The diving center is in good shape and had a great time diving there.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Best stay in Sulawesi for me . Came alone and left with a family.
The staff is so nice, the place is heaven.
Thank you so much to Ily, Brian, Tony, Enrico, Peta and all the others. It was just great .
You guys must never change, you are great.

Date of stay: August 2017