The Royal Head
US$121
US$110
US$94
  • Restaurant
Glen Usk Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
US$135
US$121
Gregynog Hall(Newtown)
Hotel Commodore(Llandrindod Wells)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed at the royal head for 1 night on the 25th of October with my son. Stayed in the ensuite room. Tea and coffee making facilities, bottled water & lovely biscuits. Fab little bathroom and THE most comfortable pillows I have ever slept on!!
Not to forget the 2 lovely labradors in the bar downstairs.
A great stay
Ps. Where can I buy the pillows you use?

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I was a bit wary of staying in a pub as I've not done so before. I needn't have worried as the staff and landlord were very welcoming. The room was excellent value for money - I had a double for £35 per night, including a huge, freshly cooked breakfast with proper coffee too. The street my room faced onto is pretty quiet but sometimes you could hear people outside the pub - could be an annoyance in the summer but it didn't bother me. Tea and coffee and biscuits in the room. The room had a couple of bits of cleaning that had been missed and the stairs needed sweeping but overall I would rate it as very good value in the heart of a beautiful little town with an excellent range of facilities. The lady in the library who helped me to find this place is to be thanked. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Bed and breakfast in a pub. Very nice welcome. There is a new Landlord in the pub and he has made some welcome changes. I have visited before and had the same room which was clean and neat. Two chairs have been added which is a great improvement. The decor has been updated and it all looks good. A small bathroom with a shower but plenty of hot water. The landlord Tony met us as we came in quite late in the evening and asked us what time we would like to eat in the morning. The breakfast was wonderful and cooked to my taste. It was full English and contained everything which could be expected. The meal was nicely presented and the place settings were done tastefully. It is obvious that the landlord believes in checking the details. There was also a plate of croissants with jam and marmalade which was an unusual and pleasant touch. In this day where everyone seems to be hiking their prices through the roof the bill was still a pleasant surprise. It is nice to pay less than a travelodge price for an individually set up room. My compliments to Tony. Keep up the good work and keep your prices reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel K
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A motorbike trail riding weekend. The room and bathroom were very clean although basic but at £50 per room per night for two,with a fabulous breakfast it was great value all round. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends