All reviews wedding venue beautiful venue amazing wedding bridal party recently attended a wedding wedding reception main meal an absolute credit nooks and crannies treated like royalty dream wedding function room wedding cake young staff from start to finish second to none every guest
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I never write reviews ever on anything but I feel compelled to write about how amazing Bellingham castle & its staff are.

We got married there in December & had the most amazing day of our lives. From when we arrived until the moment we left – we were treated like royalty. The best way to describe our feelings is that the staff made us feel like we were the only people to ever get married in the castle. Anything we asked for was absolutely no problem.

I had remarked during our pre-wedding meeting that I had been to a wedding previous in Bellingham & I had loved the slider burgers. On arrival I was met at the door with a plate filled with slider burgers just for me . This for me emphasises what Bellingham is all about. They listen to everything you say even the tiniest details are not missed.

The staff at Bellingham all all fantastic and the standard of training provided to them makes for absolutely amazing service.

Ciara who was our wedding coordinator is the Cristiano Ronaldo of the wedding business and made us feel at ease from the first moment we met. I have never met anyone as good at their job as Ciara is. She went out of her way for everyone to ensure a magical weekend was had by all who attended. Mine and my wife’s crazy emails at 2am we’re replied to within 5 mins, nothing was a problem for Ciara - anything that she couldn’t do she came up with an alternate solution for us. She is that good that if you were to tell me she was on a salary of a million euro a year - I would say she deserves a pay rise.

The standard of food at Bellingham is second to none & so many people have said to us that they felt they were been served food from a michelin star restaurant it was that good.

I feel giving a rating of 5 stars is not enough for the wonderful weekend Ciara and all the staff at Bellingham provided us with.

The staff are so well trained in every aspect & make the castle have such a family atmosphere. We recently returned for a friends wedding and we were so well looked after by staff constantly waiting on hand and foot for us. It was great to look from afar and see how the staff look after guest . Everyone at our wedding said the exact same thing that the staff took such care and pride in providing everything they needed. The point I’m trying to make is that every guest is treated like royalty in Bellingham

We stayed for a second night after our wedding and on the Sunday I really wanted to get the premiership football on the TV for us all to watch. Elliot went out of his way to help me set up my PS4 on the big TV in the Bar early the next morning so we could all watch the games. So big shout out to Elliot for that - he made the Sunday for me anyway.

We also dealt with John on a number of occasions when we were over in the castle pre wedding and he was also excellent and very helpful. When we arrived back at the castle for our friends wedding after not seeing him in months, he was waiting there to greet us & he insisted I let him carry our cases to the room we were staying in.

Another staff member who deserves a mention is Jack. He is absolutely brilliant and he is great with people and he made us feel special every time we came to the castle pre wedding. He always addressed us by name and we felt like he made a big effort to get to know us. While we were at our friends wedding recently- a glass dropped on our table and Jack was over within 1 second to sort it out like a ninja. He is a young man going places.

I just wish we could do it all again.

Thanks so much to everyone in Bellingham Castle. I am counting the days until my next slider burger.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rog310
Reviewed 21 July 2018

This is more than a hotel. This is a experience of a lifetime , Great Food , Service second to none,nothing was issue and undoubtedly . The crown Jewel in Ireland. The experience starts when u turn the corner and goes on and on . Congrats to all the hard working staff for making this such a memorable experience for me and my family. what a day Great Wedding Ruari and Siobhan

Ray

Room tip: all rooms are excellent
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ray D
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Had the pleasure of attending a wedding here, from start to finish the whole day was just fantastic the castle is outstanding and the meal was excellant the service at the table was excellant especially from Anne who attended to our table, all the staff are so polite and helpful

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Outstanding for any wedding. Don't book anywhere else believe me.Gardens are super for photos. Rooms are to die for. Fabulous castle altogether. Food is excellent with many menu's to choose from. They will do anything to help you on your big day.long halls and a fantastic breakfast room to top your stay off what more could you ask for. It's the cream of Co. Louth for a wedding castle. 5 STARS .

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kate m
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Bellingham Castle played host to our Wedding reception on 16th June 2018. From start to finish, the staff had attention to every last detail, and every single one of our guests were made feel special, and wanted for nothing the whole day/Night. The Management team Patrick, Ciara, and Jack were excellent, and a pleasure to deal with, nothing at all was too much trouble. We thought Disaster struck early in the afternoon, when my Brides Veil got blown off her head by a gust of wind, and ended up in the river, and covered in green slimy moss, however Patrick saw this happen from afar, and came running to the rescue with a brush, and we got the veil recovered and sent to housekeeping. We thought maybe we would get the veil returned to us in the morning but NO, it was cleaned, dried and back on the brides head within 15 minutes! And clean as new. If that wasnt bad enough, the Best man lost one of his cufflinks, amidst the partying later that night. The next morning, the Housekeeping emptied all of their hoover bags, just to find it!! And of course, we got it back. These are just two of the very impressive examples of the staff, i dont have enough room for every single one.

The Food was spectacular, and every one of our guests could not get over how much food there was, from the welcome Canapes (which were to die for) to the main meal, and then the evening buffet... And of course there was the Buttery kitchen which always had a healthy stock of cakes/shortbreads etc and tea/coffee. The Buttery kitchen was a nice quiet retreat during the evening for some of the older guests, who wanted a little peace from the music. Bellingham castle also had no objections to us bringing some home made tray bakes for our guests, for the buttery kitchen, which we liked.

Both during, and for several days after the wedding, we heard feedback from most of our guests, and they all said that it was the best wedding they had ever attended, and many of these guests have been to countless weddings!!

Bellingham Castle is nothing short of spectacular, set in a beautiful location, and very good value for money. We loved the privacy and intimacy of the venue, as the venue is strictly private for wedding functions. The management and staff will certainly have you feeling like royalty the whole time.

I would highly recommend this venue, we loved it
from the moment we viewed it first. It is a bit more expensive than the other venues around, but it really is a bargain for the service and quality you get, and there really is no comparison on any other scale. If i could recommend anywhere I would say look no further than Bellingham Castle. I have travelled a lot of the world, and yet nothing can compare...

I cannot thank the Management and Staff enough for making our day so special and memorable.

Date of stay: June 2018