“It's been better”

Price range: US$8 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited the Stanley Gate at about 5.30pm yesterday. Although the restaurant was fairly quiet there was only one member of staff trying to do everything. Chef brought our meals out as he did others. So service was a bit lacking until other staff arrived although I don't blame the poor waitress who was there on her own. Food was nice, I had the seafood grill which was tasty although the fish was over-cooked. We have been several times before and it has always been very good but last night didn't match our previous visits. On the plus side nice to see some vegan options on your menu.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped here to try their Wednesday night burger deal (burger and drink for £10). I wish we hadn't. The service speed was poor; one girl trying to do the work of 3. She was the greeter, the waitress and the barmaid! She was very pleasant but had too much to do. The food quality/quantity was poor. It was a small burger served with bendy/soggy chips. Where was the crunch? The food was brought out by the chef, presumably to help the waitress. The cleanliness was poor. My wife's meal was served on a very dirty plate which had dried on food stuck on the top and bottom of the plate. I don't think the dishwasher is working properly. This was a very disappointing experience which we tried to resolve that night with the manager; unfortunately he was unavailable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic food, very friendly staff a pleasure to go there. Very dog friendly. Lovely beer garden. In the ladies toilets there is an extra special touch that i have never seen anywhere before, there are an assortment of things like deodorant, wet wipes styling mouse, hairspray, dry shampoo etc

Review collected in partnership with Chef & Brewer
Grant P, Manager at The Stanley Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Sami S for the great review!!! Its lovely to see that the little touches don't go unnoticed.
Hope we see you again soon
Kind regards
Grant

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have recently visited the Stanley gate with friend’s for lunch
and we were very disappointed with the service. We had to wait a while to be served and then the attitude of the manager who served us was terrible. She gave us no eye contact and was very abrupt.
The food was average and the portions small.We will not be coming again nor would I recommend to any of my friends or family.

Hi Part28 im really sorry that you didn't have the visit either of us would have expected! The team member has been spoken too and re-trained, your experience is not what I expect and not what ill accept.
I really hope this hasn't put you off returning as your feedback and custom is greatly appreciated and has helped us improve.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having visited the Stanley Gate on a number of occasions over the years, I today offered to take a friend for lunch. However, I came away feeling very disappointed on this occasion. My friend and I found the service from both the waitress and the Manageress to be far from satisfactory. Everything seemed to be a chore to them, they failed to make eye contact and kept us waiting for too long to take away our empty plates (around 25 minutes), before we asked if we could order desserts. The response to this was the manageress bringing our bill!! We asked for two of the new gin fizz cocktails from the drinks menu, only to be informed that there was a supply problem and the gin was not available. The requested tap water was not forthcoming until we reminded the waitress that she hadn't brought it. The only saving grace was that the food was lovely. I won't return in a hurry.

Thank you Viv C for taking time to let me know about your visit with us. I can assure you this is not the standard I expect from my team as I pride myself on the lengths we go with our customer service. The two team members on duty at the time have been spoken to and are under no allusion as to what is expected of them.
I can only apologise for your experience and hope you return so I can rectify this experience for you.
Kind regards