1,383 results
All reviews kids club water park salad burger great holiday main pool family holiday all ages adult pool plenty of food kebab after reading reviews exchange rate cleaned daily hotel is spotless evening entertainment pirate ship
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

So we arrived at around midnight 2 adults 4 children they had a burger bar open we was given two disabled rooms with wet room these rooms were close to the pools and stank of rotten egg (not nice ) marble flooring is everywhere so accident were an hourly occurrence. Being our first holiday we saved for this and feel totally ripped off. The food is the same morning lunch and dinner mystery meat, salad and bread basically. Ice creams are only available for around 2 - 4 hours a day not spread out which was really disappoint. The nurse doesn’t speak or understand English. Queuing for food was crazy people pushing in shoving and even pushing kids 7-9 is dinner times and they were packing away by 8 pm so if u did find something nice it was crazy to get it. Eftalia island is good but the lack of entertainment at the hotel is disgusting. WiFi is terrible at the hotel even when you do get it it’s gobe again in seconds. Hardly any of the staff understand English
The flames are manned by one man usually so you can imagine the incidents the life guards are on their phones most of time anyway. The pools and flumes are not locked at night so people climb all over them including small children. My daughter ended up with a torn ligament in her knee due to slipping on the ground due to marble flooring EVERYWHERE. We barely ate for two weeks. I am so disappointed with all the money I wasted. The Sunday market is crazy same thing over and over. The bazaar is good but can be over baring
We had the Asian a la cadre was nice but was meant to have one per week and only aloud one not two like we was meant to have. We have all been bitten by ants all over. Bedding is rough. Pirate ship excursion was really good. Big kral it was called.
Sorry about the way it reads but there is just too much to write.

1  Thank Kat J
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Eftalia Aqua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Kat J,

Thank you for your review.

We value all comments from our guests, both positive and negative, and regret to learn when their expectations are not met. We understand your disappointment for the inconveniences during your stay and we ask sincerest apologies for not reflecting the standards we pride ourselves on and that our customers rightly expect. We have shared your comments with the head departments involved so that we can continue to enhance and improve upon our performance for all of our guests. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and regain your confidence in our services.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We as a family decided to book a 2 week holiday to eftalia aqua resort. There were 15 of us all together. 10 adults and 5 kids. We have never stayed in this part of turkey before, we always stayed around bodrum and kuşadası. We arrived quite late to turkey and had over 2 hours to travel from the airport to the hotel which was fine as we already new about this. Some of the hotels that we passed on the way to our hotel looked amazing. When we arrived at eftalia aqua which was around 1.30am we where advised that we could go and get a bite to eat before checking in which was great as we where all hungry. Once we got checked in we where shown to our rooms and the hotel workers brought our cases up. The room we had was spotless and had everything that was needed. The air con was amazing as the weather was very hot. Our room looked out over the main road and the sea. I have heard a lot of people saying that the noise of the traffic from the main road was too loud which kept them awake at night. I had no problems with this as I'm a heavy sleeper. The maids always came around 9am and they where amazing.always kept the rooms very clean. The hotel itself was spotless and very clean. The fridge in the room was stocked with 2 bottles of water, 2 bottles of coke and 2 bottles of fanta everyday. Bathrooms where great with everything in them that was needed. Fresh towels daily if needed, toilet, bath with shower, hairdryer. Breakfast was served between 8 and 10 in the morning. Cereals, toast, crusty bread, jams, fried eggs, omelette, fresh made pancakes,etc.. We never ate lunch in the hotel as we spent every day over in the island as it was near impossible to get a sun bed at the hotel. The first day we arrived we spent the day at the hotel at the slides which are great, but the ground is very very slippy and the entrance to the pools are very slippy which resulted in my mother slipping and ended up with with a massive bruise on her arm and leg. It was a lot easier to get beds over on the island and in my own opinion had a lot more to offer. At lunch time on the island the chill out bar opened and served snacks including chips chicken nuggets chicken kebabs and salad. The a la cart resteraunts also opened and served lunch. We where told that we would be given an eftalia aqua arm band to wear and a blue jet2 arm band which we where led to believe gave us the opportunity to get spirits for free on the island but this wasn't the case.all bars except one refused to serve us unless we ordered beer or wine. The pools and slides where great on the island although 5 days out of the holiday the kids pool was closed as someone kept using it as a toilet.the kids pools where great as they where nice and cold. The large pools where also good but got quite warm. Dinner time in the hotel was a bit mental. Anyone going to stay here just beware that people don't que especially the Russians. I don't want to get into a big thing about it as not all of them where rude,but a good 90% of them where. The food for dinner in my opinion was tastey but became repetitive,but still tasty. We had 2 people in our company who have ceoliacs and found it very hard to find something to eat. Mainly just rice and chips. The bar serves beer gin vodka rum(when they had it) Bailey's whiskey white wine and red wine and some soft drinks. There was only ever one bar man behind the bar most times even when the queues where very long.some of the bar staff where lovely and others clearly need to go on training to learn how to deal with customers as they where just clearly rude,but changed there ways where there boss was around. In very warm weather which was great and a very large hotel you would expect there to be ice to keep your drinks cool. Not the case. There was never any ice, when there was you got one tiny cube which melted by the time you Sat down. One night we where told by the bar man that there was no ice, so we asked one of the guys collecting glasses if we could get some. The guy disappeared behind the bar which told us there was no ice and returned with 2 glasses full of ice. Later on we returned to the same bar and we were told there was no ice. My mother then went to reception to find out why which resulted in the bar manager coming over to explain that the machine was broken. We tried to explain that the other guy was able to get it for us but the bar manager stuck to what he was saying and didn't give in. 2 minutes later we where presented with another 2 glasses full of ice.????? This went on for most of the 2 weeks. There wasn't a lot of entertainment at night. There was a thing on every night for kids down by the big pool but the kids in our company wernt interested as it was the same thing each night. About 6 nights out of our holiday we went out of the complex to go to a resteraunt. The guys that work in the tattoo place arranged for us to be picked up at the hotel and brought to the mona Lisa resteraunt and returned again. Wasn't the best night. Decent enough food but wasn't fussed on the atmosphere. We came across a bazaar at the end of the island beside eftalia village which was great. alot of shops and a few resteraunts. One was the ruzgar resteraunt which was great.very nice food. And then there was the town a few miles up the road called avsallar which was amazing. Loads of shops and plenty of places to eat. The resteraunt we went to was called rainbow restaurant and cafe. The staff where great and the food was amazing. There was also a market every Sunday just outside the entrance of the hotel. The hotel has a spa which you can get towels from everyday which is really handy and the staff are very friendly in there. The lower part of the hotel also has a shop which sells cigarettes drinks and souvenirs, also a hairdressers a clothes shop and a leather shop. If you are looking a cocktail you have to pay as you are buying the brand names but trust me you get more than your moneys worth as the measures are incredible. On our last full night we went out for dinner and when we got back we sat in the lobby for a few drinks.as I went to the bar there was about 5 bar men behind it having a chat which is fine but as I ordered the drinks I didn't order a vodka and fanta( which is what my mother was drinking, the woman who had complained about the ice). I noticed the one guy talking in his own language to the other bar men.the only bit I understood was him saying vodka and fanta,which was when they looked over at my mum and they all began laughing.i took my drinks and left. If I was in my own country it would have been a different situation because I can assure you i wouldn't have walked away. I just thought this was very unprofessional, especially for such a large beautiful hotel. I know I have done a lot of complaining about my stay but I did have a great holiday and there where a lot of good things about this hotel. But some bad parts aswell. Be prepared to listen to Celine Dion my heart will go on and ed sheran perfect on repeat every night while you eat your dinner. And it would have been a lot more comfortable eating at dinner if there where fans above where you eat as it was uncomfortably warm. I would definitely stay in this part of turkey again just not in this hotel, I would maybe stay in the eftalia ocean, the newest of the hotels. But I would defenatley stay in the area of avsallar.

5  Thank michaelbelfast27

Dear michaelbelfast27,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your recent stay at our hotel!

We are glad that you had overall a pleasant stay with us, but sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced. We constantly work on improving our guests’ satisfaction; therefore, your feedback, positive or negative, helps us to see our product through the eyes of our guests and is highly valuable to us. The sadder we are to read that your stay was disturbed by the loud music at the pool. Please contact us the next time directly so that we are able to resolve this problem right away.

Again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback – we would be more than happy to welcome you again soon to offer you an even better experience.

Best regards,

Eftalia Aqua

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Room Tip: Cleaners were early so if u want a long ly u are out of luck
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Eftalia Aqua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Food in this hotel was disgusting the staff were very very rude everyday to us.. would never ever ever go back here again it was a nightmare for our family Thomas cook need to downgrade this place to a 2 star. Plz do not go near eftalia splash resort if your looking a nice holiday go else where we have just returned home from it and are disgusted and angry with Thomas cook...

3  Thank Jim M

Dear Jim M,

Thank you for choosing Eftalia Aqua Resort.

Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we wish to apologize for any shortcomings you encountered on your stay. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
We as a hotel definitely had no intention of making any guests’ stay disappointing and we have taken all notes, due to the fact that these are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continuously.
We will review all the facts with the staff involved to correct whatever is necessary to prevent this from happening again.
Also the Thomas Cook staff do their very best for our guests and we will discuss this with them do ensure standards met all time.

Thank you for the time you took to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and be able to restore your faith.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Previously stayed in eftalia aqua for 2 wks, yes food is repetitive, yes not all alcohol choices are available and yes meal times are busy, it’s an all inclusive hotel!

Cleaners and staff are all very friendly and helpful, weather is amazing and the pools and slides are why we book this hotel.

We are flying out again next week and would possible like to try the Eftalia Ocean, would you be able to advise if there are rooms available for us to do a possible upgrade ?

This is a great hotel, great staff, lovely weather and all at a good price, I’m struggling to see why people are complaining. If you want 5* treatment book and pay for 5* accommodation!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Lorraine W

Dear Lorraine W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful full recommendation and for stating us a "fab hotel." This means a lot to us!

It is a pleasure to see that you had a great stay and that you mentioned our hard working and helpful staff. We will share your kind words with them as a remember for what they do best!

We would love to be your host again!

Kind regards,