“Stunning seafood!”

Ranked #20 of 139 Restaurants in Porto Cesareo
Price range: US$23 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Il ristorante è in pieno centro a Porto Cesareo, a due passi dal mare, con cucina tradizionale locale a base di pesce e anche di carne. Inoltre è anche pizzeria con forno a legna. Ampia scelta di pregiati vini locali e italiani.
Reviewed 9 October 2020

We visited late September, to celebrate two special birthdays. Friends of ours who live locally say this is their favourite restaurant in Porto Cesareo, and now I know why!
The best seafood I think I've ever eaten. Fabulous fresh mussels. The seafood risotto was perfect, and the king prawns with three sauces were so large my daughter couldn't finish them (so I did!).
Not expensive for the quality of the food and excellent service. Worked out around £30 a head including wine, starters, desserts, water etc. Great pizzas too, in fact you could have a superb meal here and spend a lot less.
The restaurant gets busy, with people waiting outside for a table, so booking is a good idea.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank Mattnicks
Write a reviewReviews (2,770)

Reviewed 22 October 2019

If you are looking for super fresh ingredients, cooked to perfection, with outstanding service, you won’t be disappointed.

On our first visit, of an evening, we both had prawns to start, which were amazing. As a main, my husband had sea bass, which was baked, in a dish, with potatoes and other vegetables. No idea how they did it, but everything was perfectly cooked and delicious. I had the swordfish, which again, was cooked to perfection. I really can’t remember the last time I has such a fresh, tasty piece of fish.

We returned, of a lunchtime, a couple of days later, On this visit we ate inside, which was welcome, given the heat of the day, plus the decor is very relaxing. This time, we went for the pizza,... again, we were in for a real treat. The quality of the dough was outstanding, with that well developed flavour, you only get from an accomplished pizzaiolo. The deserts were great, too, with my husband, opting for an affogato, which has an excellent liquore with it. Our waiter, was brilliant. He spoke little English, but communicated perfectly, a skill in itself. He bought over the local liquor/digestif that had been used, which we made note of and bought on the way home, in the vain hope of being able to recreate something similar.

We were in Porto Cesareo for seven nights and tried a variety of different restaurants, but none of them came anywhere near the standard of Antimo.

1  Thank Samantha A
Reviewed 28 September 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed the variety of choices across the apps, first and second courses. Really enjoyed the fettuccine with clams, they brought a really nice bruschetta to our table to start. Wine choices were great. Our table had a wide selection of apps, pizzas and entrees and everyone enjoyed their choices.

2  Thank TravelFoodLive
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

We had to wait like 45 minutes because it was fulllll while all other restaurants where almost empty.. but it was al worth it.. we have tried every where the anti pasti mix.. but without doubt I can say they had the BEST one!

1  Thank sep_Sepi
Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

For english, spanish, germans, french and all the others...believe me this is the BEST PIZZA here in Porto Cesareo. The price is right. Writer: an Italian

Date of visit: August 2019