Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2019

The cottages are modern and comfortable, but the real attraction is the gorgeous setting in a lush botanical garden. It is very private and peaceful and the beauty of the grounds makes it a perfect place for centering and meditation. Very good for the spirit. While you feel miles from reality, it is actually not far from a major highway and grocery stores, etc. very nice!

Date of stay: July 2019
AtHome_128, Owner at Quinta das Acacias Rural Accommodations, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2020

Thank you for your nice compliments! We have included a Zen like sit down area with fountain for you to calm yourself within.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I had the wonderful opportunity of staying at this wonderful place for my vacation! It was absolutely breathtaking! Surrounded by lava rock walls and secured by a huge gate at the entrance that opened to this beautiful paradise. From the manicured lawns, to a different array of beautiful plants and flowers, to the sculptures to the benches to sit and relax. It was like being in my own little park and while relaxing you could see the ocean so close by. Just walking around the Quinta grounds was so relaxing..........you felt so at peace. The cottage I stayed in was immaculate; so clean and spotless. My hosts made sure I had everything I needed to make sure I was comfortable. I was welcomed with fruit and souvenirs. The owners treated me with such great respect and catered to my needs. I felt so special! Senor Ed (as they called him) and his lovely wife Bonita were the gracious of hosts. The city of Ponta Del Gada was so close by and convenient for stores and great for tourists. The view of Ponta Del Gada from the Quinta was spectacular! When out and about during the day, it was a pleasure to return to this beautiful paradise. And when the gates closed behind you, you knew you were safe. Staying at the Quinta das Acadias felt like I was in my own little world; heaven on earth! I will definitely be making another trip back to this wonderful place and can hardly wait to go back! I fell in love with this place; fell in love with the Azores. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a vacation spot. Truly awesome!

Room tip: whole area is quiet.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
AtHome_128, Owner at Quinta das Acacias Rural Accommodations, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hi Carol,
Thank you for such detail in your review!
Just a note to other single ladies vacationing. Carol had access to call a taxi or use bus services nearby or just a nice walk to the beach 2.5 km away. The gated community has privacy and security and you get your own remote to come and go as you please.

It is much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2018

When my husband and I first drove through the gates we were in awe of the surroundings. I seen pictures but being there was so much prettier, it felt like you arrived in paradise. We were greeted by owners Bonita and Ed who welcomed us, showed us around and were very accommodating. They took us to our cottage and made sure we knew where everything was. They also showed us on a map that is left in the cottage where all the great places to visit on the island were. The cottage was very clean and you could tell everything was well maintained.
The island was more beautiful than I had imagined. We went to quite a few of Bonita's recommended places to get a feel of how these islanders really live such as restaurants that make such great tasting food that is authentic to the Portuguese traditional food. We toured the island and loved the mineral springs that Bonita recommended, so relaxing. If you ever get a chance to vacation here at the Quinta you will not regret it!

Room tip: Really any cottage is good!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review! Your time to write this was much appreciated.

We prepare the cottages as if we would be living in them so we work to have everything as best as possible for our guests.
We prepare a map of Sao Miguel with all the tourist spots and restaurants we recommend for the guests to start their first day.
We are available always at any time of the day or night. We live on the property so stop by our home or email or text us if you need any questions answered.
Until your next visit, have a great year!

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Grounds were pretty and it was quiet but the guest house itself had a problem with cockroaches. We found the first cockroach while pulling down our bedsheets then upon searching the apartment the night of check-in, found a large roach in the curtain and another small roach in the sink. We became uncomfortable and left, emailing the owner as it was the middle of the night, only to receive back an angry reply for only emailing and not calling her (US phones do not work in the Azores). Her response - “oh, it must be the fault of the people who stayed here before you” then refused to fully reimburse us, stating she had to use our 40euro “cleaning fee” to clean the apartment.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alidira22
AtHome_128, Owner at Quinta das Acacias Rural Accommodations, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Sorry to hear Alex and Antoin had a disappointing experience in our guesthouse!

We have received rewards for the cleanest vacation homes on the island. The property of the guesthouses is surrounded with gardens, grass, treed areas as well as places to rest and be at peace (nature) and are enclosed by traditional stone walls for privacy and security.

We have had guests in the guest house of Alex and Antoin throughout the summer and for the last 13 years with great reviews . However, roaches are on the island as they are in most countries. This does not mean they are normally in the guest houses or an uncontrolled pest issue. We take all the possible precautions to prevent situations from arising.

This year, the extreme heat and drought had caused unusual visits from insects that are not normally seen near the guesthouses. They can get in through an open door and hide. Guests like to leave the doors open while they enjoy the light breezes during the summer. This is not in our control. We encourage guests to fully enjoy the gardens even through the screened open windows.

I was disappointed, not angry to find Alex and Antoin left without notice through the night and that we received an email at 2:30 am. We have never had a guest walk out without a word or in all these years not have a chance to be able to help a guest . We live on the same property as the guests houses and close to the entrance gate in which guests must depart through. We always let our guests know that if they need anything to call, or see us on the property. If we had received a visit to our house at whatever hour it is, we could have moved Alex and Antoin to an available guest house immediately that night.

The final cleaning was held because these guests checked in mid afternoon, and didn´t leave until 2:30 am, the guest house was used and needed to be fully prepared for the next guests.
Out of good intentions, we refunded the full rental amount through the booking channel. Because the guests did not give us a chance to solve the problem, the booking channel told us we were not obligated to refund any amount back to the guest.

American phones can and do work on the island with Whatsapp, Skype and some American service providers will permit usage in Europe but only if Americans check with their provider before they leave their country.

In all sadness, we are sorry for the guest not being happy with our accommodations because we get many repeat guests who are excited to return to our guesthouses each year. In this case, the guests would be more comfortable staying in a hotel.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay here. Bonita and Ed are very nice and attentive. Close to airport and only a 5 min drive to ponta delgada. The cottage was clean and the grounds are gorgeous. Bonita was able to secure me a rental car with no issues (must have a car). My only issue was the couch was too small for a family and not comfortable to lounge on during down time. I would recommend staying here and plan on returning soon.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
AtHome_128, Owner at Quinta das Acacias Rural Accommodations, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you very much for your review. Glad you liked our home.