Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$190
US$117
TripAdvisor
All reviewscheck in was quickgreat showerfull scottishdouble roomunder new managementrosslyn chapelcraigiebieldedinburghmoisturebeddingxmastomato
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Had my wedding there in july my new wife stayed the nite before and loved the place staff where excellent nothing was a problem made her feel relaxed knowing that most brides would be stressed to max . Wedding day was superb the management team organised whole day/nite was so flawless me and the wife had a relaxing day when its meant to be stressful lol staff was like as my daughter said like big kids as they always had time to speak to them so kids decided to pull them into photo booth at nite and made her nite food 10/10 cant thank the staff enough for a superb day nite

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

Work booked this hotel and upon reading some of the reviews I was not looking forward to my visit, after a very long drive we got there to be welcomed by smiling staff, they couldn't do enough for us, quite a contrast to what I read, my 2 night stay was great, staff very friendly, even the locals were friendly, food good, my room was clean, ( that's very clean as I'm a clean freak) ok it needs some tlc but I found it warm, welcoming, and of character.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2015

After a long day, we were exhausted and just wanted to get some rest at our hotel. Yet this was not to be. First of all, when trying to check in, we found a little girl sitting in the front desk doodling. The hotel’s “front desk” is actually the bar. Once we finally managed to check in, we went up to our room - as we climbed the stairs and passed the deserted hallways, we were sure the hotel was haunted! Our room was very much dated and in need of some cleaning! There were scraps of paper in the drawers and the bathtub hadn’t been cleaned. We went downstairs for dinner because, as the woman at the bar/front desk/restaurant told us, there wasn’t any other choice for food around there. We quickly ordered and one of the dishes that we ordered had been sold out. Ok, so we ordered another dish: rib-eyed steak. We asked for medium-rare. It came back hard as a rock, cooked thoroughly. We had it sent back to the kitchen by an unhappy server, but same results - very hard piece of steak. Upon arrival, we requested an extra fold-away bed in our room; however, the pull-away bed was made in another room! We ended up having to pull out the fold-away bed ourselves, only to find spiders on the mattress. Around 10pm, we went downstairs only to find that the bar and front desk were closed. Further, within a few minutes, all the lights were switched off, the staff went home, and we found ourselves locked inside the hotel. So glad we hadn’t gone outside the hotel or else we would have been sleeping in our car! My family and I wish we had never arrived at this “hotel."It was a complete nightmare!

Room Tip: Just don't.
3  Thank em5759
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We had the misfortune of staying here for 2 nights. Don't make the same mistake.
What has been billed as a hotel is little more than a local (and rather rough) pub with rooms attached. The reception area is pretty much unmanned and the only way you have of getting service is by going to the pub next door.

Our room had no bedside lights (so main light was either on or off - not a relaxing atmosphere at all) , no phone down to reception and no TV. When we asked the barman about the TV (as no one on reception) he told us they get removed because 'they are broke' and he would try and find us another one from another room (I assume if they are ever fully booked this isn't an option!). He found one for us - which was about as old as the four poster bed and offered a few terrestrial channels.)

With little in the surrounding areas we were forced to eat dinner in the pub both nights. Both nights we had to ask to have the table that we sat at cleaned and in fact saw rubbish under the table that was the same for two nights in a row and had not been cleaned at all.

We were warned once we had booked that a rock event was taking place 'next door' but that it would be finished by 11pm. In fact it was taking place IN the hotel itself which meant that all the rock festival goers used the toilets allocated to the bar and restaurant. There was no attempt to clean these up during the night so it soon felt like we were in a nightclub toilet with the floor wet with beer and glasses everywhere. And the noise continued well past 11pm. The food was poor and the service indifferent.

We had asked for a room with a bath and accepted that this appeared to mean no proper shower - we had a hand held shower instead .- although evidence of an old shower had been left over the bath - I assume this had 'broke' too. But when we tried to fill the bath we found the plug didn't fit. Back to the bar again. The bar tender didn't seem surprised and said he would 'try to find one from another room' and 'hoped it would fit' It didn't.

Dinner again the second night consisted of constantly going up to the bar and trying to get attention in between the bar staff chatting to their mates/the locals who were propping up the bar which wasn't a pleasant experience. Neither was listening the the bar staff swearing behind the bar.

In general it seemed like the staff running the place were happy enough to serve you once this was requested but in order to get service you had to run the gauntlet of the mob of mates at the bar or ask them to stop having a fag outside to come in and serve you.

Generally the whole place was run down, the restaurant area was little than a greenhouse lean to. Read the other reviews - other people seem to have had exactly the same complaints and obviously nothing is done about it.

The fact that the hotel doesn't seem to have responded to one review here says it all I think. They just don't care and it shows. Believe me you want to avoid this place.

Room Tip: Don't even bother!
4  Thank Schizo
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We arrived at this hotel as a guess, as our tour company had not told us which hotel we were booked in with. We were greeted by a friendly face who wanted to help us figure our situation out. As we had to wait for the tour company to open to phone them, he suggested we sit down and have a pint as we were both frustrated and tired from a ridiculous day. His kind words and friendly attitude turned our first day in Scotland from a horrible situation into a pleasant experience and lesson in Scottish hospitality! Though we learned we were booked elsewhere, he was kind enough to let us use his PC to print out details of our trip once we received them!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple