“Excellent sea food restaurant.”

O'Grady's on the Pier
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Barna
Price range: US$1 - US$87
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017

My wife and I were recommended this place by the B&B we were staying at (Abbeyville in Barna).
What a quaint place, right down the end of the road at the harbour.
Staff were so friendly and helpful.
Food was fresh and local, my wife had the sea food linguini, I went traditional with fish and chips.
Consider booking a table, it is a popular place, we had to wait a few mins and that was in the middle of the afternoon, which was not an issue for us, and well worth the wait.

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

One of the two best dinners we four had during our week in Ireland (the other at Fade Street Social in Dublin.) beautiful setting, fantastic staff and chef, meticulously prepared seafood! Absolutely worth the 10-minute drive (or cab) to Barna for a memorable meal!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I went with high expectations to O'Grady's which may have been my downfall. The food my family & I had was good but very pricey for lunch time. I was surprised at the lack of atmosphere in the pub/restaurant. The bar staff hardly looked in our direction upon walking in & the waitress was not definitely not welcoming. The ladies bathroom is ridiculously small. Got the feeling this place has such rave reviews that maybe they are taking their customers for granted. One of the things that make a vacation is the interaction with the locals ...hopefully we were just unlucky on this particular day!!

Date of visit: August 2017
3  Thank Surfbox
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We happened upon O'Grady's whilst on a leisurely drive along the Galway coast on the last day of our holiday in the West. This is the perfect seafood bar & restaurant. We had Killary mussels cooked in cream, white wine and garlic with main courses of sea bass and plaice. The downstairs bar has a wonderful atmosphere and the service was spot on with very friendly people. I don't think we've ever had a better meal anywhere in the world. You can't say better than that.

Carol & Phil White.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My daughter said she would love to eat at O`Gradys as it had been recommended when she had been at NUI 3 years ago doing a course. As it had also been recommended to me by a local, we made a reservation for when we were going to be in Galway and were delighted that we had. 5 of us had lunch there and every dish we ordered (oysters / salmon / fish and chips etc) were delicious. Definitely worth a visit - we sat upstairs with a lovely view out over Galway Bay. The service was superb.

Date of visit: August 2017