All reviews six senses teething problems juice bar family pool garden view hotel is beautiful kids club tacos cod sashimi gluten free pool beach turn down service concierge service great details adult only pool mexican restaurant
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Have just returned from a 4 day stay at the Nobu and I would 100% return. It is stunning. The pool area is beautiful and clean and the staff are attentive and friendly. Our room was gorgeous and I absolutely cannot fault the place. I have read some of the recent reviews and I wanted to highlight that we had an excellent experience at the hotel and I would recommend it highly. We didn't have any problems whatsoever just a wonderfully relaxing stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear esteemed LaurenFluhhalp

thank you very much for taking your time reviewing your experience at Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay.
We are more than glad to read that you enjoyed your days with us and that we strived to offer the service your expected. We are proud working in this wonderful hotel and hope to deliver our guests this feeling. We are consious that there have been some dificulties in the beginning and we appreciate every single comment of our estimated guest but we believe that now, only two months after the opening, things are going smooth and our clients enjoy the very special atmosphere all around.
Hopefully we can welcome you another time in a not too far future, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with your bookings.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel! The staff all extremely friendly and made you feel very at ease. Was concerned that it would've been a snobby hotel but it exceeded my expectations. Would recommend to everyone if you're looking for a relaxed and lovely hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Gabriella_sprague99

thank you for taking your time reviewing your experience at Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay.

We are glad that the relaxed but luxurious atmosphere of the hotel was exactly what you were looking for and that we reached to exceed your expectations. Our clientel is mixed - clientes ready to go out to the close clubs to party, families with kids, individual guests, guests looking for relax and wellness treatments, etc. and we think that our various installation are perfect to host all of them.
Since our recent opening we are working very eager and full of iluision to give all our guests the perfect individual service they are looking for.

Hopefully we could welcome you again

Kindest regards

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Recently booked a little trip to the Nobu Ibiza Bay Hotel for 4 days with my wife for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. Before travelling we were a little concerned about the reviews of the hotel being so new and service suffering and that perhaps there where not enough staff. I have to say though, we were completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of staff and how welcome we were made to feel - They really do have the personal touch! Even at the pool, they have a girl who is responsible for finding you a Sun Lounger and you only have to lift your head and someone is there to take an order from you. The facilities where so good at the hotel such as restaurants, juice bar and a huge balcony at our room that we spent most of our Ibiza trip at the hotel!

Room
We stayed in a Delux Junior suite with sea view which was amazing and had all the latest technology including an Android tablet where you could order room service on, book a Spa appointment, get a copy of your bill or organise for Concierge to collect your luggage. There were windows on both sides as we were in a corner suite so lying in bed there where views of the sea from all sides!

We really looked forward to breakfast each morning which was available until 11am which was all very fresh and the chef cooked me and really nice omelette on the last morning. (Point to note would be try to get your breakfast included when booking like we did as it is a bit pricey at €35 each) We also ate in the Nobu restaurant which is some of the highest standard of food we have tasted.

Pool
The pool really is out of this world and I was surprised how late on you could get sunbeds. Most of the beds are full sized double beds and all you have to do is lift your head and someone is over to take your order where you can literally order anything to your sunbed including Drinks and food. It is so peaceful and tranquil and everything is really clean.

We were both really impressed by how personal all of the staff made our stay as we received a nice little note wishing us Happy Anniversary along with a bottle of Paul Roger Champagne and loads of fruit. When I left my iPhone in the taxi on the last night I would have to commend the the staff and especially the security as there was literally 5 people checking security cameras to find the registration of the taxi, then called the taxi company and had my iPhone delivered back to the hotel. There was real urgency shown and I am truly thankful.

Beach
The Hotel's location is right at the waters edge and you can literally choose whether to swim in the sea or in the pool as they are that close. The beach isn't somewhere you would sunbathe but there is literally no need as they hotel may as well be right on the beach. I appreciate the hotel could probably do some work on the beach but I can understand that this may attract many unwanted visitors sunbathing on the beach and ruin the tranquil experience by the pool.

Pricing
I would say the price of the hotel is absolutely justified in terms of price of room but when you get there it is quite expensive around the pool but after eating in a few other restaurants in Ibiza, pricing seems to be in line. If I was going to offer some constructive criticism then I would recommend Nobu remove the €2.50 per person cover charge at the restaurant (We asked what this was 1 day and a member of waiting staff said "Its for use of the Cutlery, glasses and plates during your meal" - This should surely be included)

To be honest, I wrote this review on the way back on the plane to Ireland on 23rd August and was just about to upload it now when I saw some of the reviews loaded on this last couple of days and have to say I am astounded how bad some of these reviews are considering these people must have stayed at the same time as us - They personally sound like Sabotage as they have all been written in a similar format > this was in no way our experience! We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and trust me, this hotel is up there. There may be a few teething problems with it being a new hotel but we couldn't speak highly enough about Nobu Hotel and its staff. We also spoke to other people there who had the same great experience as us.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the upper floor Sea view rooms as less mosquitoes and much better views!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 525harryg

Dear Harry g,

Thank you so much for these absolutely wonderful comments. We feel honoured that you enjoyed your stay at Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay and that we could add our bit to this very special trip. We try hard to fulfill and exceed the expectations of our clients and our aim is to offer any of our clients a truly wonderful and luxurious 5*experience.
We will have in mind your constructive criticism and will forward these points to the responsables of the Nobu Restaurant.
Hopefully we will have you back in a not to far future and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with upfront bookings.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Visited the wonderful Nobu Ibiza for the first time. The hotel looks stunning with two pool areas and a wonderful deck going out to the beach. We went for a quick look around in the morning and were given a warm welcome and a tour around and then went back for dinner in the Mexican restaurant the next evening.
The deck is evening more stunning at night - beautifully lit and magical. The service was truly attentive and friendly and our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and made good suggestions. It was busy but calm and relaxed - not always easy to find in Ibiza! We had a great night and a delicious dinner. A gorgeous new place to visit on the island. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

, Office Manager at Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay, responded to this review, 4 Sep 2017

Dear richmondsarah,

thank you very much for this nice line on your visit to Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay.
I is wonderful to read that you like the design and decoration and that you enjoy your dinner at Peyotito. This mexican restuarant is just one option out of 4 and maybe during your next visit you would like to take the delicious mediterranean food at Chambao, an exquisit japanese kitchen at Nobu or what about a glutenfree and healthy treat at Celicioso? We would be very glad to help you with your table bookings.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Usually, I never write reviews on tripadvisor, but mainly read them for review purposes when planning my vacations or business trips.
I have travelled the world and stayed worldwide at the Four Season, Ritz Carltons, St Regis... So I know service when I see it.
Unfortunately Nobu Hotel Ibiza is certainly 'NOT' a five star hotel or not even a four star hotel. As the hotel opened a month ago, there is a huge amount of problems with the facilities as explained by previous reviewers. Most of the rooms in the hotel have problems with ventilation and air-conditioning as the restaurants fumes are somehow redirected to the rooms ventilations. So if you like smelling roasted meat all day and night long in your room, please stay at the Nobu. The supposed 'garden view' rooms are in fact a view on dirty construction site next-door and view of the main busy street.
The hotel main restaurants are extremely overpriced for the quantity and quality of the food you receive. I cannot imagine that anybody from the International Nobu Hotel Management has audited this hotel before opening it to the public.

The beach is non existent, there is NO beach. Its basically a dirty 2 meter wide stretch of dirty sand and garbage, close to the sewers.
The pool area is in fact the only thing going for it.
I tried Nobu restaurant twice and its not to the standard of other Nobu restaurants I experienced in Malibu and Miami Beach.
I have stayed several times at the Hard Rock Ibiza in their suites and I can say its overall better value for Money than the Nobu.

There are far better hotels to stay at in Ibiza !
Avoid at all cost

Room Tip: ask for a room central above the main pool/reception area. all the other rooms are horrible and have defects.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul S
NobuHotelIbizaBay, Public Relations Manager at Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We always aim to use all honest feedback to better the Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay experience.
We are incredibly sorry to hear that your time with us was not received well and we humbly apologise.

As with all our guests, we value each and every one. We, of course, remember when you arrived and were so upset with both Deluxe Garden View rooms that we upgraded you to our very top tier, and incredibly special, Royal Suite. Unfortunately, as this was not to your satisfaction we then moved you to a Deluxe Sea View Room which we were happy to see you were pleased with. On top of that, we offered you quite a generous compensation on your reservation as we tried our hardest to do everything we could to ensure you had a wonderful stay. You seemed incredibly happy that we offered you this which is why we are rather saddened to read this review and we really are very sorry we let you down.

With regards to your question of whether our International Nobu Hotel Management have visited I am delighted to tell you that we, of course, have our owners visit on a weekly basis (in fact they are here now) and our directors of Nobu Hospitality actually also set up Hard Rock Ibiza globally, and are happy to say that Nobu Hotels will also be expanding internationally.

Thank you for your kind comments about Nobu Malibu and Nobu Miami Beach, we actually had Chef Thomas from Miami and Chef Jay from Malibu overseeing our chefs at Nobu Restaurant Ibiza. Our Head Chef Giacomo is from Nobu Milan and our Head Sushi Chef Satoru is from Nobu London. We also have our Global Director of Nobu restaurants from New York currently overseeing the team. All of whom have worked closely with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa (who also has visited the restaurant as has our other owner Meir Teper). We take great pride and such passion in our work and strive to deliver this in our multi sensory gastronomic offering.

Concerning your comments about the state of the beach, this is a public beach which stretches out along Talamanca bay and as with all public beaches, looked after by Ibiza government. We have created our own relaxation beach alongside our two beautiful pools, to add more options for you to unwind and sunbathe in.

We apologise again for your unfortunate time with us and we do hope you give us a chance again in the future.

Best regards,