“Golfing”

Club De Golf Son Termens
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Bunyola
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

First impression that i got was that the maintenance was not to good, everything was a little bit old. Balls on the driving range, golf carts.
The prices where pretty high anyway, we payed 85/per and that was cheaper than normal, than you had to pay 45/ euros extra if you wanted a cart.
We walked one day 18 holes and it's very hilly and I can say I'm in pretty good shape but that was a tuff walk.
The golf course is not that long but what makes it hard is that it plays very narrow and uphill.
It's a very nice scenic view, especially the back 9 holes.
It deserves a 3 for clubhouse, driving range, carts.
The golf course gets a 4.
If I come back to Mallorca I would play here again.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"goats"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 September 2016

I've read a few reviews of this course now and I suppose I need to take a little bit from a lot of them. Some simply do not tally with my experience, but let me offer a couple of bits of context: first, I was quite hungover. Secondly, I was on my own (billy-no-mates here was the only one keen enough to get up to play that morning). Thirdly, the £ is so bad against the € at the moment that everything feels like poor value. Finally, I was first out on the course at 8.15am.

Here though are my thoughts:

1. Reception/ambience - dead. As a doornail. The Pro Shop wasn't open before 9am and there was one member of staff sitting at his desk (in darkness) who couldn't quite find my booking and seemed mildly put out by my simple request for a bottle of water.

No greeting in the car park, no food or drink available for my buggy, no tees. It felt like I'd arrived on a public holiday and this guy drew the short straw to work that day.

2. Buggies - definitely take one, despite the price. You'd need a stern pair of walking boots and Olympian stamina to do this on foot. From green to tee is often longer than from tee to green. The problem is they know you need one so at €40 hire, perhaps complimentary water should not have been too much to ask. The buggies are also still basic and petrol-powered so be ready for the haze of fumes following you round the course (this bit wasn't great for the hangover).

3. The Course - really interesting. Some imaginative holes; some faintly ridiculous (and definitely not for high handicappers). Great views from tee of several holes. Many goats. Tight fairways and shortish Par 4s that may tempt the big drive but often respond better to a well-placed iron and wedge. Couple of great par-3s. Spongy slowish greens, but true. Good sand. I played at the end of an unusually dry year so all the natural water features were bare. I imagine that in full bloom the ravines and burns look quite spectacular, but the ground staff were doing everything possible to keep the grass on the fairways green so I was fairly accepting of this. It's a fair course and not an especially difficult one, provided you are straight: there is a lot that can go wrong on the back nine.

4. The little things - At €90 per round, plus €40 for the buggy, and no added extras, it's an expensive round for an average experience. Coming from Scotland I know what a good round feels like (I know what a snobbish club feels like to visit too, mind) and Son Termens doesn't quite stack up.

Given the context of my visit I may have noticed the little things less had I been in company, but - for example - the scorecard (with its cheap paper and heavily pixelated photo) folded in half down the 11th instead of after nine. Who doesn't notice that when they design a scorecard?

I think Mallorca, in general, has a long way to go with its golf tourism, but if they can sort out the service and the "feel" round the club, then this course, at least, is a winner.

1  Thank Argyll6
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Small welcoming club house. Front 9 very tight, in fact sometimes dangerously tight. Strange mix of holes with 2 par 5's back to back. From hole 10 you are in for a real treat. Some awesome looking holes. Definitely need a buggy unless your mum was a mountain goat. Still waiting for a ruling on how to play from the bunker at the 18th (see photo).

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Very warm welcome from everyone at the course, including the goats!! Club rental was reasonable as too was the cart and range balls. Would advise a cart if your playing the full whack as the back nine is a little bit "hilly". The course has a special character and great views which warrants making the trip. Really enjoyed the round and would return.