All reviewsueno parkfree wifiwalking distancejapanese style roomwashing machine and dryerbudget travellershotel is locatedsubway stationprivate bathroomjapanese standardsquiet areaconvenient storeconvenient locationtokyo skytreeoakenglishluggage
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Since my flight was 22.30 PM I asked the hotel for late check in and they waited for me til 1 AM pass midnight. They answers my e-mail promptly and staff is efficiency at English. I stayed at Female dorm and I totally loved the blanket. it was warm n cozy. the room and toilet was clean and tidy as Japanese style. they are many convenience stores nearby. 10 mins walk from JR UENO. they will keep you luggage on check out date for free and charge 500y per luggage per day.

Highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 10 November 2015

We stayed here four days last year, going to a couple of other hotels for the rest of our time. This year we decided to stay the seven nights at Oak, being familiar with the location, rooms and facilities.
As reviewed previously, very small rooms but suited us, only needing somewhere to shower and sleep. Excellent air conditioning, free wifi, reception staff friendly and helpful.
One disappointment this year, our room had new bunk beds and they're not as comfortable as the old ones - they've built a barrier on the bottom bunk which means you cant sit on it like you can the old ones .... next time we'll book either room 18 or 20, hopefully they wont put new bunks in there! With the room being so small, you need to have somewhere to sit.
Great to have the kitchen, good for saving money.
Short walk to lots of budget restaurants, convenience stores have a great range of meals and snacks, always fresh, just up the street.
Recommend the Oak for budget place to stay.

Room Tip: rooms 18 and 20 have older style bunks, no barrier on the bottom so able to sit on like a couch.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela E
Reviewed 22 October 2015

hotel is very near to subway inaricho station. Tatami room is very smelly and very small, avoid that if your nose is sensitive. Wifi is very weak and can't connect all the time. Most of the staff quite nice but with my bad luck one girl of them is very lazy and Unpolite which make my trip a bit upset.

Room Tip: Tatami room is very smelly and small. Two single bed room is bigger choose 419 if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Located less than 2 blocks from Inaricho metro station, this is a great cozy hotel. Nice wifi, walking distance (30 min) to Akihabara, 1 station away from main Ueno station.
Didn't have a lot of interaction with people working there, but receptionists were really polite in the few occasions we talked.

Would easily stay there again when back in Tokyo, and it is an easy recommendation for anyone looking for a fair priced and not too small of a room.

I stayed in the single room. Even though mine was facing the street, it was completely silent.

Room Tip: I got a room just for myself, but they got options for big sharing rooms, for 4 - 6 people.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Great location.5 minutes walk from JR station. Clean and well decorated hostel. Nice staff. There is a kitchen for cooking , bicycle for rent. It's near convenience store also. It's great hostel , valuable.
I stayed in private room with bathroom for 4 people . It's recommendation for Tokyo travellers.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends