All reviews sensoji temple asakusa station tokyo skytree minute walk business hotel non smoking nakamise street extra space short stay bed was comfortable location is great free wifi family room three nights single room japan proofing
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Good service with prior confirmation by Email and fast response by clerks. Professional and friendly reception desk. 【Non-Smoking】Family Room is clean but the room rate is not so friendly. For family with children and foreigners who like to go shopping, location is a little bit far from train station.

Room Tip: 【Non-Smoking】Family Room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Flyer809023
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Good and nice hotel, about 10 minutes walk from Asakusa Subway Station. lots of food around, nice and clean room, bathroom clean.
Sensoji temple only 2 minutes from hotel.
Very helpful staff, they even accepted our lugages even we have not check in yet. (Suitcases sent from other city). Recomended for all travellers.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The price of this hotel was very good and unusually for a unit in Japan, they have some rooms that will accommodate 4 people. We stayed there four nights. The location is about 500 metres from the Asakusa Metro station and not far from the local (rebuilt post WWII) temple. Rooms are clean but be aware, smokers are permitted in some so you should be prepared for that telltale smell when first entering some rooms. Recommended.

Room Tip: Higher is better, to get a view and avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I only stayed in this hotel because it was the starting point for a tour of Japan. As I had an early flight arrival the travel agent suggested I book a room for the night before so I could catch up on some sleep, take a shower etc. Well what a complete waste of time/money !! By the time I got to the hotel it was 9am. The room I was given was poor. A tiny box (even by Tokyo standards)that absolutely reeked of smoke. Nowhere to even place a suitcase other than the space leading to/from the entrance door. The bed linen , pillow etc all smelt of smoke - disgusting . Tried to get some sleep but within 2 hours the phone was ringing off its hook. A lady at the other end of the phone demanded that I move immediately to the room allocated to start my travel tour. Why they didn’t put me into that room at the start I have no idea. Reception staff were poor & nobody with an authority around to discuss situation with . Breakfast was reasonably good with a varied selection of food. But small dining area with limited seating at key service times. Close to Senjoji Temple & other sights. I have stayed in much better hotels in Tokyo in the past albeit at a higher price. Maybe it is a case of you get what you pay for. Would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank CAMLap46
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I stayed in Via Inn Asakusa for three nights for leisure. Since my budget was tight, the alternative was a "business hotel" (tiny hotel for business traveler typically in need to just sleeping one night) such as Apa Hotel. I chose Via Inn over the nearby Apa Hotel (which I heard is pretty good as well) since the room was larger, and I found a great deal with a room. I am very happy that I made this choice. I would think about staying here again, especially if I find a great on-line deal again.

Pros:
(1) Location is great. The hotel is basically behind Senso-Ji, the main attraction of Asakusa neighborhood. All the touristic places in Asakusa are within a short walking distance. Asakusa station is several minutes away.
(2) Large(r) room. As I wrote above, the room I got (and I think these are their typical rooms) is 15sqm, which still small but is much larger than the typical business hotel (11sqm). In a typical business hotel, you can open your suitcase only on your bed, but that wasn't the case with Via Inn. I am happy with the extra space. Still small, but decent for a cheap hotel in Tokyo.
(3) The hotel is probably not very new but clean.
(4) Free Wifi.
(5) My room even had a view of Tokyo Sky Tree!
(6) Efficient staff. Check out is also efficient (you can check out by yourself with a ATM-looking machine next to the reception).
(7) No safety box in the room but the reception keeps your valuables in a sealed envelope without extra cost.

Cons:
(1) Still small, but I cannot complain with the price!

Stayed: March 2018