All reviewsedo museumsumo stadiumshuttle bus to disneylandjr stationthe hotel staffsmall fridgegreat view of tokyoconvenience storerooms are cleansubway lineground floortriple roomnice hotelcoin laundryskytree viewgood sizeexcellent location
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Miracles do occur.......if you put enough work into it. I was in Japan on business and found out there was a sumo tournament happening, of course vastly sold out. After trying to find a hotel in the Ryogoku zone I miraculously got a booking via Hotels.com for the Dai-ichi and really didn't care much about what was going to happen other than it was close to the sumo. I was pleasantly surprised.

Check in was smooth and efficient and the staff spoke competent English (though he did remind me three times that check out time was 11am). I was happy about this because all I wanted to do was run to try to scalp a sumo ticket.

The room was small, but not by Japanese standards, and efficient. The bed was comfy and clean. Ever important to the biz traveler, the wifi was solid and easily accessible. There were two complimentary water bottles in a small fridge which is a nice touch. The view was pretty nice, aimed right at the Skytree from the 24st floor.

There is good access to subway stations from the hotel.

I will stay there again given the chance.

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank michael n
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent location for Sumo tournament as well as easy access to Skytree. Most of the staff were wonderfully friendly except when we requested an extra pillow for the night. We were promptly told no by the English speaking staff member. As the pillows are feather they squish to nothing leading my partner to have a sleepless night. We then asked the lord very lady cleaning our room who promptly organised 2 for us with a lovely smile.

Some +, the view and size of the Twin room, excellent.

The cleanliness is of the room, excellent

Getting tickets from Concierge for Skytree, meant no queue.

The concierge who organised our taxi, excellent

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

A clean and quiet hotel, located just next to the Tokyo Metro subway exit. The hotel receptions were very attentive and their services were excellent. The hotel sales explained to me how to reach the hotel and reserved my family with a complementary bus shuttle to Disneyland. I like the Skytree view very much ! Overall, we enjoyed the stay in this hotel very much. We will choose this in my next trip to Tokyo. Thank you to all the excellent services provided by the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Highly recommended to choose the skytree view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2017

My family stayed in early April. We booked this hotel due to their good reviews, larger room size and close location to the Ryogoku train station.

In Japan, A/C may often mean "centralized air" which means the whole hotel runs on a central system and you aren't able to individually control your room temperature. The first night we were there, the centralized air was on heater. The room was HOT the ENTIRE night and we barely slept. We complained at 5am and they said there was nothing they could do, and suggested opening the window (there's a very small panel that cracks open, but you can hear all the street noise) or opening your door. WHO WOULD SUGGEST YOU LEAVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM DOOR OPEN WHILE YOU SLEEP? Absolutely not.

Needless to say, we were not pleased. We requested to speak to the manager when they arrived and instead spoke again to a nice front desk person who tried to explain the situation in English. With barely any sleep on our first night in Japan, we accepted their apology and breakfast voucher and fans. The next night the heater switched off and the temperature was bearable with our fans on.

Besides that, the rooms are spacious by Japan standards, the location to the train station is very close and there are a few convenience stores and restaurants in the area. Unfortunately, most everything else we came to see was quite far away, so we spent all day and night out and returned to our hotel to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

If you are looking to stay in Ryogoku, this is a great choice. Very close to metro exit and have tons of restaurants within ten mins walk. Walkable to Sensoji, one of Tokyo's main tourist attractions.

Rooms are clean and neat. Great view looking at the Skytree, and it's not exclusive to Skytree view rooms they charge extra for. Staff all helpful and friendly.

Tip: save yourself hours of queueing time and buy a Skytree ticket at the hotel reception, if you do plan to go. because this hotel is part of the Skytree friendship programm. Very convenient.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family