All reviews neighborhood line shops koenji tokyo
Reviewed 6 October 2016

I stayed at the Mets during September 14 and tried to book again just now however it was full. Situated right on top of Koenji station of the Chuo Sen line- this Hotel is very popular, clean , extremely convenient , and with good staff. Rooms are newish, comfortable beds and good shower/toilet. Not much room in Bathroom to spread out cosmetics etc, however I made do . The room I had was smallish and I was staying alone in a Semi Double type bed. There is absolutely NO SOUND from outside at all. No train noise and situation is right in the centre of the suburb which as adorned with large varietiy of traditional shops unlike busy Shinjuku. Next door is Asagaya which is another wonderful traditional shopping district. A leisurely walk 25- 30 mins? . The shopping in Koenji is Fantastic ! Vintage clothing etc , great restuarants- small cosy and yummy. Will be staying again next week in this area and shall provide a follow up review then.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2015

The room i stayed was cozy as usual, and amenity also was good but the breakfast was very uncomfortable. because the breakfast is available at the restaurant in second floor and it took at least 10mins to get the food after getting a seat.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Mets for 3 nights. Hotel was ver clean and tidy, the rooms small but warm and comfortable. I found the local area very interesting, lots of quality second hand fashion shops and lots of very good food options.
The hotel is only a short distance from Shinjuku and Mitaka. The hotel was very easily accessable as it is above the Koenji train station. No train noise is apparent in the rooms. I would stay here again anytime.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jimdoggy1
Reviewed 31 July 2013

...including a Marriott in Stamford, CT that i am still willing to trash nearly 30 years down the road because it was so noisy. Not even sure it's still there, but since you can book a weekend night (in fact, THIS weekend) for $109, i suspect it is the same one.

But I digress yet again. Just outside the north exit of Koenji station, a few stops from Shinjuku and not all that far from Tokyo station on the busy Chuo line, I was a bit apprehensive of noise problems. Fear not. Even though my room was directly overlooking the train station (did I mention it was the busy Chuo line?), I had to actually press my ear against the inner window (of course it's double-paned, thick glass with 6-inch separation, and tightly sealed.

Maybe I'm going on a little much about the soundproofing, but all I really care about in a hotel room when I am traveling on business is quiet, hot water, clean sheets (at least to start- I'd rather save water than change them every day during an extended stay, and Mets has a green magnetic card you can put on the door if your sheets are clean enough), and internet, wired or wireless. Don't care about hotel restaurants; a little breakfast is nice, and Mets has a hot one, and cappuccino/espresso to boot. A waffle-maker is a little much to ask for in Japan.

Rooms not as tiny as some I have been in, but typical for Tokyo; about half the size of the one I just came from in Beijing (FX; a little more than half the price).

Otherwise, not much to say about this place. Reception handed me a key when i went to check in at 2:45; I've had to wait 5 minutes when I've tried to check in 4 minutes early in Japanese hotels, so this extraordinary flexibility was welcome.

I'm told it's a slightly bohemian neighborhood, and there were more street musicians than usual, but didn't really get a chance to experience the neighborhood as business was elsewhere (as always).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Terrygrim3
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Koenji is a great place to stay. On the JR line and close to Shinjuki but quainter and less pricey. So much fun exploring the streets and stores and restaurants and tiny bars.
The hotel is basic and without much character but clean, quiet and comfortable with large windows.
Don't eat there, the restaurant is average but loads of good and cheap food around.
The sushi in the supermarket is sooo good!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the square
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family